On what Various Artist comps can one find Bryan Adams' "Summer of '69"?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by john lennonist, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY... Thread Starter

Not a huge Bryan Adams fan (so I'm not interested in an album or a comp of his songs) but I really like "Summer of '69".

When I'm in this situation I usually go to All Music dot com and go to the "Songs" section for the artist and they list some of the sources for said song.

Don't know whether it's some legal situation or what, but the only Bryan Adams album listed is a karaoke album. :wtf: :shake:

That being the case, if you happen to know of any good/great Various Artist comps (with good/great SQ) that includes "Summer of '69" I'd much appreciate it if you would list it/them here.

(FYI, it was first released on his album "Reckless" in late 1984, then as a Single in June 1985)

Please :help:

2. Soultan71

Soultan71 Forum Resident

3. Soultan71

Soultan71 Forum Resident

4. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Try rateyourmusic instead of AllMusic. There's an "Appears On" listing for each artist. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to see just how the artist appears on each album listed. You'd need to click on each album and look, though you can eliminate some choices (if you're looking for something specific as you are) via educated guessing.

rym is typically missing some albums in the "Appears On" listings--it completely depends on what albums users have added to the database (and what they've detailed so that individual tracks, including artist links, are entered)--but Bryan Adams has 70 "Appears On" listings at the moment. (Make sure you click on the "See All" text next to the "appears on" listings.)

5. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Although I realise you’re not a BA fan, his album Reckless (which obviously includes Summer Of ‘69) is excellent. It’s so good I’m considering doing it for my next poll.:)

6. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Seems like already too much time was wasted on a CD that is in every $1 bin in town.

Kahunasunset likes this.
  7. cartologist

cartologist Just the son of an Iowa girl

Was that really necessary?

john lennonist, Soultan71 and Joseph like this.
  8. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Just being honest. Maybe he doesn’t realize just how prevalent this title is in the cheap bins.

9. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, I usually use allmusic.com for stuff like this, but in Googling, I found this: What’s going on between Bryan Adams and AllMusic?

The only pre-loudness war era CD I know of that has Summer Of 69 is this:

Various - The Greatest Hits 3 - Part 1

Haven't heard the disc, so I can't speak to the mastering, sorry.

10. cartologist

cartologist Just the son of an Iowa girl

Your original post seemed dismissive and snarky: that was what I was responding to. And it did not answer OP's question. They stated they didn't want an Adams comp or Reckless. He wanted a good SQ comp with the song on it. It's very difficult to find one casually. Here are many people (like myself) who are or should have been research librarians (job satisfaction high, low pay) and are quite happy to help.

Another possible choice (2001 release) is I Want My 80's Box!

11. knb

knb Forum Resident

12. john lennonist

Thanks one and all.

Tried the "rateyourmusic" and looked at a few I thought might be likely places, but they either list either "Run to You" or "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" or "Heaven."

Shocked that "Summer of '69" isn't more often represented, since that's the song of his that I remembered hearing much more on the radio (as I did a couple of days ago, which led me to this search) than the others.

:shrug:

13. john lennonist

Just found the following Adams comp CD (which has "Summer of '69")

"So Far So Good"

A&M 1993

Opinions on SQ (especially for "Summer of '69")

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.