DCC Archive once and for all

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Unknown, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

ok, please, someone clear this up for me, prefereable steve hoffman, or someone high up in DCC. music direct, and apparently other places are reporting that DCC is finished. what is the real deal here?? anybody?

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I am not with DCC. I have no music industry connections, no inside scoop. So why am I responding? Well, look at this:

Steve will appear at the CES show in Las Vegas this Tuesday afternoon, January 8th through Friday morning, January 11th. See www.stevehoffman.tv . He has 12 restoration / mastering projects he is currently working on.

This does not indicate to me that DCC is out of business.

Steve, will you be bringing "fresh" product to the show? Old stock? What will I be missing?
    :(
    I can't make it to the show.... it's year end and you'd think they could close the books by themselves, wouldn't you?
    :mad:

3. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

I don't see it as a good sign that Steve is "for hire" if DCC was still likely to stay in business.

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Why not, SACDnot? I think it's cool that Steve is spreading the good word - and help - about "proper" remastering to the masses of computer laden remastering houses!

:)

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Personally, although the whole concept of DCC is wonderful, I'd rather see Steve still working on projects, getting paid, product getting out. His talent should not go to waste. Them's tapes in them thar hills!

If DCC can't find ways of getting back on track for 2002, I feel completely bummed out, but Steve must be able to continue what he does, regardless of pause or pressure.

For now, let's all STOP the worry about DCC going out of business. In the long run, there's more to it than that!

And may I say that although some people here are new, with all respect, this kind of thread is getting quite old. Let's talk about other things.

6. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Opay

:)

7. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I think the obvious reason Music Direct and a lot of online stores (plus the Ebay mogul "Recently, it was announced that during the summer an Act of God destroyed almost all of DCC’s remaining Limited Edition inventory".) want to spread the word of DCC being "out of business" is to try and recreate the MFSL spending spree that started after they "closed their doors and went to that big bad mamma mastering room in da sky". I think from what Steve has posted is that there is a lot of stuff in the can but they are waiting to get enough $$$ together to pay for the pressings/art/etc. hopefully, it will happen sooner than later but things (especially raising money) take time. Also, good for Steve for offering his services for other projects. Is he supposed to sit in a closet and collect dust? Anyway, I've been having a lot of fun tracking down some of his earlier work from MCA (I found the The Judy Garland album and a few others last month).

Todd

8. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Isn't the Judy Garland one amazing? I keep opening my eyes and expect to see her... :)

9. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

It is amazing. Maybe in the future Steve can do some more releases of her work. She had one hell of a voice...

Todd

10. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Folks,

I dislike the term "for hire", but I guess it will do.

As you can see by my discography, I've worked for Razor & Tie and a few other companies at the same time I worked for DCC.

No big deal. Razor & Tie and BMG wanted my "sound" on some of their projects, and I gave it to them.

Plenty of room for all.

11. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

"STEVE HOFFMAN-- GREAT EARS, WILL TRAVEL"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.