‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Tarantino's Next

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Olompali, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Man I hate Netflix. If Tarantino goes to TV/streaming for major films the world has ended.

2. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I like series more than movies these days so I would welcome a well done series with 10 episodes tops

Robert C likes this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Let's see how Once Upon A Time In Hollywood does first.

Robert C likes this.
  4. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Hitchhiking was very easy in the 70's, but it became increasingly dangerous- for both hitcher and driver.

In '78, me and a buddy drove a car from Philly to LA (they had services where people needed a car driven- likely from a move; don't know if they still do that). We dropped off the car, spent a night w/ the guy, took a bus to Santa Monica then hitched up Highway 1 to SF. Great times! One guy who gave us a lift- who's hangover we cured w/ some herbal remedy we had- ended up taking us to his cousin's wedding! We met tons of great folk along the way.

Don't think that'd be such a great idea today- and probably wouldn't have been back then by yourself. But I gave and got many rides back in the 70's. I've got a number of hitching stories I could tell, but enough derailing...

5. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Any platform but Netfix. I cancelled when they went to the 'woke' side this year. No mas dinero!

DHamilton likes this.
  6. JimW

??? explain please?

marmalade166 and Lightworker like this.
  7. Lightworker

I hitch-hiked all over the East Coast up until about the Spring of 1972, when I started running into too many sick-o's and pedophiles on the road to continue regularly.
    I did hitch from Washington. D.C. to Miami Beach, FL that Summer. Many unpleasant/scary memories from that trip...

notesfrom, alexpop and JimW like this.
  8. alexpop

many rides"....
    Long tall lady in a red dress, perhaps? :)

JimW and Lightworker like this.
  9. Lightworker

Read about the developments at Netfix this year in the national press. Apparently 'entertainment' isn't
    their primary focus any more.

JimW and alexpop like this.
  10. Lightworker

Hope it wasn't the "lady" that poor Teddy Pendergrass picked up.

alexpop likes this.
  11. JimW

Sorry you felt the bad side. I really only hitched locally except that one time up Highway 1.

12. JimW

OK- but I'd still like to know what woke side is- never heard that phrase and a google search showed nada...

Robert C and Lightworker like this.
  13. JimW

Yes- many rides- but of the car type, if you're referring to other more pleasurable rides... (which was always a hope when picking up a female, but never panned out for me) Though I did come close when picked up by a French guy and his sister on that HW 1 trip. She had me come and sit on her lap "to get a better view"(!) in their VW microbus, then invited us to stay with them in their camp that night, but I got c**k-blocked by my buddy who insisted we needed to keep going or we'd fall behind our schedule.

LOL- some long tall ladies, but no red dress. Jeans only! (preferably cut-offs).

alexpop likes this.
  14. Lightworker

It means different (apparently opposite) things to different societal factions...much like the term "swiftboat" (used as a verb) did a few years back. Yahoo is your friend here.

JimW likes this.
  15. alexpop

Times like that that best being o solo mio.

JimW likes this.
  16. alexpop

Mini skirts ala Pretty Maids, but I digress. :)

JimW likes this.
  17. JimW

For that one scenario- yes. But I wouldn't have wanted to hitch up the Coast HW by myself.

One more tidbit from that trip- more related to the forum (though still OT). We wanted great tunes for the ride cross-country, so I took my cassette deck and Jensen 6X9's (temporarily installed, of course) plus a ton of tapes with us. Then mailed them back home after delivering the car. Not cheap, but well worth it (the Monte Carlo only had AM/FM mono).

alexpop likes this.
  18. alexpop

That's a neat story, mix tapes rule!!!

JimW likes this.
  19. alexpop

Mamas & Papas tune seem to depict hitchhikers in their tune Young Girls In The Canyon..free n easy time in the sixties, Trout fishing in America( good read).

JimW likes this.
  20. JimW

Not a mix tape in the bunch; whole albums only. I remember heading across Ohio and seeing the sign for how far to Columbus and feeling the trip was off to a great start, as we were listening to Waiting for Columbus.

I've never made a mix tape for myself (though a couple for lady friends). I'm an album guy all the way.

alexpop likes this.
  21. alexpop

Mix tapes " fun to do, nice when their appreciated( gift that is :)).

BluesOvertookMe and JimW like this.
  22. alexpop

Hitch-hiking in Hollywood.
    Read Cher got picked up hitch-hiking by your so vain actor Warren Beatty.

23. Lightworker

I picked up U.K. session drummer Bobby Graham (Kinks, Pretty Things etc.) hitchhiking in Montgomery
    County, Maryland in 1972. He was shocked that I had ever heard of him. Oddly enough, our paths crossed
    again in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1974. Strange world that we live in...

notesfrom and alexpop like this.
  24. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

What so hard to see Quentin? Pulp Fiction was cool and funny mixed with some crazy action. Dial back the violence and the venom a bit, QT. Pulp Fiction was a super hip, dangerous and cool world where you wanted to live with funny, cool characters you wanted to be just like ... what have you done with the same allure since?

Lightworker and alexpop like this.
  25. alexpop

If Pulp Fiction is his Sgt Pepper in regards to popularity, then Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is party influenced by The White Album, guess we'll find o u t. :D

Ghostworld likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.