Opinions please on the following recent vinyl pressings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris R, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

A&B Sound had their 20% off white ticket price, sale this past long weekend. I was browsing through their vinyl section, only available in the main store. I was temtped to buy a few things, but thought I should ask here first, before getting any of the following LPs.

Sly & The Family Stone - Anthology (2 LPs) Appears to be a in house Epic/Sony pressing.

David Bowie - Pinups - Simply Vinyl
    David Bowie - Aladdin Sane - appears to be an in house EMI UK pressing, Millenium Edition. Says it's mastered from original Analogue tapes.

Bob Dylan - various titles on Sundazed. They did not have the mono Blonde On Blonde, which I've been thinking of ordering.

Elvis Presley - Golden Records - Simply Vinyl

U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind - Universal - Was this made from the digital master, or was there a seperate analogue master used?

Thanks. :)

2. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

I have all the Sundazed Dylan LP. I like them very much.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Dittos on the Dylan. Get the Blonde MONO while you can. Excellent stuff - all of the Sundazed Dylans.

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

More dittos on the Sundazed Dylan's.

mud-

5. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Agreed on the Sundazed's. The U2 is probably from a digital master. They managed to fit it all on one slab of vinyl, and that's the way to do it. I don't have the CD so I don't know how long the album is. Sounds decent enough for a modern rock Lp. I had all their other vinyl, when I saw this one at a Newbury Comics, just had to buy it.

ED:cool:

6. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

IMHO:
    Sly Anthology, 180g Scorpio? Not bad.
    Bowie Aladdin Sane EMI 180 g, sounds great.
    ALL Sundazed Dylan's LPs are recommended including the Greatest Hits.
    U2, Probably digital but sounds fine.

BC

7. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Thanks for the recommendations so far.

I was very please the other day to find out that my original Columbia Canada pressing of "Bringing It All Back Home" is in fact a mono. I'm playing it right now. It's very quiet. I like these mono mixes. They are very clean. You can hear everything.l I bought the LP second hand in the mid 1970s. Am I OK with this, or is the Sundazed that much better?

Any takers on the Bowie - Pinups or Elvis Presley?

Thanks!

8. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Ditto on the Dylan Sundaze, order the Blonde on Blonde if you have to do so to get it.

9. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

You got another vote for the Dylan's here.
    As for the Simply Vinyl choices, I don't know about the Bowie, but I heard that the Elvis Simply Vinyl's are good sounding. If the price is right I'd go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.