Opinions wanted! Used VPI Classic 1 vs. new Rega RP6 or Scout 1.1....

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dan C, Nov 18, 2013.

1. macster

macster Well-Known Member

San Diego, Ca. USA
    Contact the merchant that you purchased the table from and inform them of your problem and if they can't do anything contact VPI.

2. roscoeiii

roscoeiii Well-Known Member

Yeah, you should be able to sort that issue out. I have run grounding wires from each piece of equipment to one another, and that has helped. Just unscrew a chassis screw a bit and attach a wire there. But there are a lot of variables in situations like this. Good luck tracking down the culprit.
  3. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

The West
    A tech at Soundstage Direct has been in touch with me. We're working through the variables. Hopefully it's fully resolved soon. In the meantime, the buzz is low enough now that I can mostly enjoy what this turntable has to offer. Still audible in the quietest passages on the best vinyl though, and when I eventually upgrade to higher resolving speakers I'm sure it'll be even more noticeable.

Funny thing is when I first posted, this is exactly the type of thing I wanted to avoid in the first place! Still oddly I have no regrets. This turntable sounds so incredible and looks so beautiful that I'm not completely discouraged by its issues.

dan c
    Campbell Saddler, kfringe and LeeS like this.