OPPO BDP-103 and BDP-105 Networking Universal 3D Blu-ray Players (part2)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Try these guys based in Ontario http://shop.solutionsav.ca/oppo-digital-bdp-105-universal-audiophile-network-3d-blu-ray-disc-player/

I think BC dropped the HST so you'll only get dinged for the 5% federal and they offer free shipping (also offer faster delivery options at a higher price) and they both the black and silver face in stock. I bought from them and the service was excellent. No complaints.

2. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Sam,

I took gdO's post as why the Darbee would be needed in addition to Oppo's excellent video processing that being the Qdeo VP.

Bill

3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

There was only 2 or 3 authorized dealers listed on Oppo I think.

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Maybe it would be one or the other? And maybe there's another small surprise in store? ;)

5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Sam,

You are definitely not playing fair with this :tsk:. I'll keep my eyes on this thread and the Oppo threads over at AVS.

Bill

stereoptic likes this.
  6. Vocalpoint

Vocalpoint Forum Resident

This is where I order from all the time. Great guys and great service. Mind you I am in Alberta where we only have 5% federal...my new 105 is "out for delivery" right now...should be here in the next hour or two. :)

Cheers!

VP

eddiel likes this.
  7. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'm in BC and based on the dummy order I placed (to see what the final costs would be) I'd be charged the 5% HST only (i.e. $60).
    Could avoid the HST buying from Audio Advisor but the currency difference would be over $40 plus whatever VISA would charge for the conversion (I've heard 2% which adds another $24).

8. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

You are going to love that thing. Oppo 105 is the most bang for the buck I have ever had from an audio purchase. Swiss Army Knife of digital audio.

9. Donniej

Donniej Senior Member

Of course RIGHT after I finally order, a new model?! :cry:

10. pscreed

You are freaking me out. Man.

11. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

Order the 105 and don't look back. Downloaded the newest beta firmware last night, which works better with the Oppo app available for the iPad. Like magic, the entire contents of my NAS (entire music collection) is now available at my fingertips. No need to turn on my plasma to see my media files now. I can stream DSD, PCM hi-rez, and pretty much anything else. All these features make the Oppo the best value in audio.

12. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

So will we know in time for or during the holiday shopping season? I've had my eye on a 103 but have held off to this point.

13. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Sam, you can be such a tease at times... {sigh}

I have no clue what Oppos is planning to do to update the 103. However I have some idea of some of what Oppo might be planning to do to update the 105 since they apparently hired John Curl to consult on the redesign of analog audio outputs on that player at least.

Robin L and gd0 like this.
  14. lphunter2

lphunter2 Forum Resident

What app are you using for your iPad?

15. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

A lot of manufacturers like to show off upcoming products during the annual CEDIA show.

16. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Has Oppo announced this?

Bill

17. pscreed

As somebody that bought one in the last three months let me say from the bottom of my heart: that sucks. Seriously... It is a brand new product. You couldn't get it right the first time?

WTF.

18. It's not a question of "getting it right." There will always be a new, improved model. Having last year's model is no reason for sour grapes. I have a BDP-95 and am perfectly happy!

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I will continue to cherish my 103. :hugs:

20. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Love my 103. Does more then enough.

Myke likes this.
  21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I can't see any reason to get upset as there hasn't even been any indication from Oppo whether there is some type of upgrade or change. I'm not concerned as I feel the analog output of the 103 is excellent IMO :).

Bill

Myke likes this.
  22. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Not sure about that, but John Curl has said so on DIY audio.

23. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

You sure about that?

24. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Well, that's interesting if John Curl will be involved.
    They must believe there are improvements to be squeezed out of the current models, or at the very least worthwhile changes.
    Perhaps a hot-rodded SE version?

Once thing is for sure, my impending purchase is going on the backburner until I see how this plays out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.