OPPO plays music on my PC, but challenges

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ephi82, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working Thread Starter

Hi,

I guess this will sound like a NOOB question.

I recently discovered how to let my OPPO player reach into my music file on my laptop (both devices are connected by Wi Fi to my Network) I've been loving it, and have bought 4 new 96/24 FLAC HD TRaks in the last few days.

When showing this off to a friend yesterday, the playback became flaky. The first 20 secs of any song had a bunch of drop outs, but once it got going, the sound was fine.

My buddy thinks the Wi fi has a band width limit, I need to be connected by ethernet wire to make this work right. I hope this is not the case, and I wonder why it previously worked without issue.

Thoughts?

2. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

Hi-rez playback over wi-fi can sometime be spotty at best. I recommend hi-rez playback over ethernet whenever possible. Remember that your hi-rez music files are quite large compared to a regular music files of a cd burn. There is some great information at www.computeraudiophile.com in regards to computer audio playback.

Ephi82 likes this.
  3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yep, sounds like a WiFi issue. Easy thing to troubleshoot, too!

4. Ephi82

any troubleshooting suggestions?

I actually just rebooted my wi fi server and laptop, and guess what, flawless performance???? Aerosmiths first playing 96/24 at 90db Glorious! "Somebody" playing now

Is it as simple as doing that?

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Good to hear that it is working now. However, I suspect the issue will crop up again. By trouble-shooting, I would recommend you use a LAN cable instead of WiFi.

6. Ephi82

Okie Dokie

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.