Original/Unaltered "Star Wars" Trilogy on Blu-Ray in 2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

:-popcorn::whistle:

2. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

Star Wars trilogy, unedited, Criterion Collection.

Yes please!

3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

As opposed to Lucas?

Encuentro likes this.
  4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I dont care for either one of them.

5. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

You don't know how relieved and happy I feel everytime I think NONE of the money the bitten forbidden fruit has came out from my pockets.

Opeth, Lownote30, Plan9 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Strat-Mangler

So you'll never be happy, then. It's all business. No corporate entity will ever do whatever you want them to out of the goodness of their heart. There will always be financial goals behind every decision made with a franchise of this breadth.

7. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I dont really know about every corporation. And of course there will always be financial goals. Sadly at the expense of going into new artistic territory.

8. Strat-Mangler

As long as they release the unaltered original trilogy in glorious 1080P and 4K in beautifully cleaned up visuals and audio, it doesn't matter to me if the franchise was bought by Pizza Hut.

9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Now that Ill agree with you on.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Did someone say Pizza the Hutt? ;)

[​IMG]

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

My philosophy for decades has been "love Apple products, hate the corporation." They are evil people who do not have their customers' best interests at heart. I'm particularly angry that Apple avoids paying U.S. income tax and hoards $250 billion dollars in cash in their offshore Irish/Dutch tax scheme.

On the other hand, I just bought an Apple Watch 3 and am very happy with it... so there ya go.

12. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

I really understand you and the point you're trying to make and I respect you but, I don't want to have anything to do with mean, egoistical, selfish who don't give a $#¡T for their neighbors which are, they like it or not, the people of this planet. They are not on a different level but with their egocentric and egoistical attitude it's like they want to prove they belong to a new and superior upper-class when they're mortal after all. Or did Steve Jobs took al his money to wherever he is now, if he's somewhere and as an agnostic I think he's no more than dust now?
    Companies, corporations are created to make money not charity, but there's a limit and the bitten forbidden fruit crossed it a long time ago up to the point of being an example of how corporations and their people shouldn't be.
    Sorry for the off topic.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Jobs was a Buddhist, and with that belief there's no afterlife, but instead a continuous cycle of death and rebirth. Eventually, through karma and enlightenment, you eventually achieve nirvana (and by that I mean the state of mind, not the album).

In Apple's case, I'll reach nirvana if I can just get a @)!($*#! Mac Pro that doesn't overheat -- something they haven't been able to do yet.

McLover, Simon A and Lownote30 like this.
  14. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Thank God there's no such thing as reincarnation... knowing my luck, I'd come back as me again!!!

15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I have the de-centralized version , or whatever the hell that fan things called and if this Blu-ray looks as good as that I will be surprised.

16. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Quote of the day!

longdist01 and EddieVanHalen like this.
  17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

All more reasons why Disney buying Fox is a bad idea for anybody other than Disney, and I suppose Fox. Disney can try to frame it as a "trying to compete with Netflix" thing all they want, but it's all just more media consolidation.

I already see too much "Buena Vista" in the list of top movies of the year. It's bad for art, it's bad for consumers, it's bad for other studios, it's bad for indies.

Does any consumer like the idea of having to subscribe to *two* streaming services to get the same content they used to get from one?

That's not even getting into the creative side of things, where I think Fox proved with "Logan" that *that* type of thing is much better than throwing Wolverine into an "Avengers" movie. Think about it; there's NO WAY Disney/Marvel Studios would have *ever* given a greenlight to a movie like "Logan." Sure, the Marvel studio head can say *now* that "Logan" was a good idea, but it would have never happened under Disney/Marvel Studios.

SquishySounds and supermd like this.
  18. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Which of these fan projects is considered the "best"? Do they cover the whole Trilogy, or just the 1st film?

19. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

For me, it's the Harmy editions, and, yes, it's all three of the original movies de-specialized.

20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Same for me. Has he released a new Return of the Jedi? Mine is the "work-in-progress" version.

Lownote30 likes this.
  21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

V2.5 is the latest version.

22. Lownote30

I don't remember, but I have the latest version, and it didn't say it was a work in progress. It has all the foreign subtitles, mono, stereo and 5.1 soundtracks, though.

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Mine has a timestamp in one corner of the black bars. Is that an older one?

24. Lownote30

Must be. I don't have any time stamps on mine. Just glorious looking original Return Of The Jedi.

questrider and supermd like this.
  25. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

You mean, “just glorious looking Leia in a gold bikini in Return Of The Jedi.” I pretty much fade out after that part...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.