Other Space - new scifi sitcom

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Did anyone catch this on Yahoo? I quite liked it. It's hard to describe - there were funny bits, goofy bits, some great genre parodies (including an alien who speaks only in Matthew McConaughey quotes) and some very insightful observations. There was a bit that reminded me of the talking, philosophizing toaster from Red Dwarf (I toast, there for I am), etc, and the ship's AI is a babe (even as in one instance she turns into a game of Pong)!

It reminded me somewhat of the 70s show Quark.

But with all that good stuff, the show also feels a little amateurish in presentation, though it gets better as it goes along and you get to know the characters.

Synthfreek likes this.
  2. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

It took a little bit of time to warm up to this Paul Feig project, but it ended up being rewarding. I think Hyperdrive is infinitely better, but it's still worth a watch. Agree about Natasha (the equivalent of Hyperdrive's Sandstrom)...she is amazingly attractive.

[​IMG]

Manimal, Deesky and Galley like this.
  3. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

(Pointlessly closed thread reopened by request.)

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yahoo is a channel now? Yet another streaming service to try and keep up with?

Sounds fun, though. I'll try and remember it.

5. Deesky

Not any more. Yahoo Screen is now dead as a parrot pining for the fjords!

6. agentalbert

I found a Yahoo app on my TV that had this listed as available, but none of the videos would play. I'll try again later.

A space comedy with Milana Vayntrub? I'm in.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  7. Deesky

See my previous comment.

8. agentalbert

Yeah, I saw that. I'd never hear of Yahoo Screen, but assumed it was some pay stream service. The Yahoo app was listed as a newly available one on my Vizio TV, so I thought it must be current. So is on the web the only way to see this show, or is it carried somewhere else (Hulu, Netflix, etc).

9. agentalbert

Tried again to stream this through the Yahoo app on my TV, and it worked! I've watched the first two and its fun enough so far. I liked seeing Joel Hodgson and his Tom Servo-esque robot.

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.