Out of Print LP's/CD's you wish were in print

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by eriejwg, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Peter Wolf-"Lights Out"
    Burton Cummings-"Heart"
    Paul Carrack-"Nightbird"
    Heart-"Private Audition"
    Boz Scaggs-His debut album (Forget the title)

2. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

Screaming Blue Messiahs-Gun Shy & Bikini Red

3. readr

readr Forum Resident

All of The Turtles original studio albums are out-of-print in the US. France has a digi pack of Happy Together out there.

4. TRM05

TRM05 New Member

John Hartford - Aereoplain

[​IMG]

5. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

That's the first one I thought of. The Rounder license from Warner Bros. ran out a few years ago. This is a classic and deserves to be in print.

6. Rat44

Rat44 Forum Resident

Thank you for the heads up.
    My Lp and CD were both stolen.

7. Gang Twanger

Gang Twanger New Member

I think Boz Scaggs' first album is available on CD and I'm pretty sure there is at least one audiophile vinyl version (I remember seeing it on Acoustic Sounds' website).

I wish the DCC Pet Sounds was still available. But, I think that is one of the titles that SH mentioned is being redone/reissued.
    That, and I also wish most of the UD (1) Mofi CD's were still available. I'm dying to hear Blow By Blow (I already have Wired and love it).

8. bba1973

bba1973 New Member

I'd really like to hear those.

Anything with Peter Banks needs to be back in print. There's the first two Yes albums that are still in print, but that's just not enough.

9. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Yes and the Rounder CD sounded terrible compared to the LP. The same is true of Morning Bugle.

10. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I think it would make a great Audio Fidelity gold disc. :whistle:

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that's comforting.:)

Steve, if possible please to add this to the possible CDs to be considered!

12. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Los Lobos KOKO vinyl fetches $400

Is the Doors Matrix still in print?

Moby Grape CDs?

13. elgreco

elgreco Groove Meister

On CD:

Mark & Clark Band - Double take
    Solution - Cordon bleu (jazzy prog from Holland)
    Dwight Twilley - XXI (his only compilation album AFAIK)
    Steve Winwood - Talking back to the night
    .38 Special - Special forces

The latter two aren't too hard to find - they're offered regularly on eBay, but seem to demand crazy prices these days.

14. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

The Beatles Story (c'mon -- it's a piece of history!)

15. haste

haste Forum Resident

My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise
    I'd prefer on vinyl but it's OOP on CD too, strangely. fantastic stuff

totally agree. way too much vinyl from the 90s barely surfaces as used copies today, and was only issued in small amounts.

16. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

Yes, I just listened to this on vinyl last night, it's a camp classic, very funny to hear now. It's interesting how much they played up The Beatles as not being interested in politics and non-political on this, especially John Lennon, very ironic for what came later.

17. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

First, my thanks to anybody that works for a reissue company, for trying to keep the old albums alive on CD. With the original RHINO gone, it seems to be a hodge podge of worthy reissues these days, but every once in a while someone comes through with a real winner.

Although I fully realize that it will probably never happen, due to small demand, but one can hope, I'm still wanting a CD reissue of the late '60's self-titled album on DUNHILL/ABC called "WINGS", (originally Dunhill/ABC #DS-50046) This album and the band were a creation of the late Oz Bach, who was a founding member of "Spanky & Our Gang". This album reflects a continuation of Spanky's harmonious sounds. For me, it has sentimental and historic value, as a small part of the "Spanky & Our Gang" legacy. It should also be noted that it is TRUE, that Paul McCartney paid Oz Bach, to use the "Wings" name for his group.

BUT, my absolute, no fooling, how can this brilliant album not be on CD yet, request is, the 1973 self-titled album by Stu Nunnery, (originally EVOLUTION #3023). This has got to be one of the most overlooked acoustic beauties of the early '70's. With Jim Croce, James Taylor, Loggins & Messina and Dan Fogelberg getting all of the attention, this nearly perfect acoustic album has gone on and on, sitting in limbo, awaiting it's arrival to all ears. Speaking of Loggins and Messina, there are times on this album that Stu sounds exactly like Kenny Loggins, I swear it! The song "The Isle Of Debris" is worthy on it's own, but the rest of the album is just as fulfilling. I wonder who owns the master tapes of this beauty and are they still around and in good enough shape to transfer to digital? Although I always forget to put this on my Steve Hoffman wish list, I can only imagine how he would master this beauty. Aah, one can only dream of such things...

Chris C

18. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

19. emkay

emkay Senior Member

wasn't the Harold and Maude soundtrack recently reissued?

20. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night

What added insult to injury here is that last year Collector's Choice had announced the imminent re-release of Two Sides, going so far as to post the cover + ordering info, only to have the whole thing scuppered because of licensing issues.

21. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

How about all the DCC and MFSL gold discs that are out of print?

22. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

:shake:

Has this ever been released on CD? I seem to recall it not being scarce until the last 10 years or so.

23. reechie

reechie Senior Member

The Great Lost Kinks Album

24. Lulu's "New Routes" with Duane Allman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.