Ozzy confusion!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

I have read carefully the credits on the first two Ozzy remaster...

Okay... the bass and drum tracks were erased and replaced with a new set by other musicians. On Blizzard Of Ozz... they also have recorded new backing vocals on ALL tracks! That means they have done a new mix!!!

How they can say remaster??? I'm also confused about the mastering credits... the first one goes to Chris Athens @Sterling Sound. He also remastered Tribute and No More Tears.
    But in the booklets (on Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman)... it says: mastered by Chris Athens and remastered by Stephen Marcussen!

What the hell is that :confused: How they can do a remaster from a new mix :confused: If I'm wrong... correct me please!!!

Your opinions please... :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I've always thought that remastering was simply a marketing term...... how else would you explain it when a remaster sounds WORSE (in some cases)?

3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I bet they wanted to save money and used the print set from the old books.

4. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

The credits on "Blizzard" read like a freakin' legal document that lawyers have to pore over for months. That's what a once cool album has become, a legal document , a prime example of greed, ego and power, and a digital disaster.

Ironic thing is Daisley's name appears all over the place yet Sharon (shar'n not share alike) has erased his musical contributions. I guess legally he must still have a lot of ties to this record, as far as royalties are concerened.

5. ED in NY

ED in NY New Member

They should put a sticker on the CD that says "Personally Remasturbated by Ozzy Osbourne". I wonder if that would work as a more positive marketing term ?

-ED

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

One more reason to stay away from the mall, Kiddies... The Ozzy remasters will sound like the ZZ Top remixes.

Or maybe like Tool. Who knows.

7. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Ed that's a real good one...I'll have to remeber that one for future use. Thanks!

8. Mike

Mike New Member

The Ozzy remixes don't sound like the ZZ Top. ZZ Top remixes = bad. Ozzy remixes = good.I'm not sure why you are insulting Tool, but for your information:

1. Tool was given the cover of Guitar Player, Modern Drummer and Bass Player magazines all in the same month.

2. King Crimson agreed to do a tour with Tool as the warm up band. Robert Fripp has expressed his admiration for the band.

3. Tool fought for and received complete creative control from their record label. They have almost completely shunned mass media (until the short promotional push for the last album).

4. Their faces have never been seen in the videos. They send 9 minutes songs to radio and refuse to furnish radio edits. (how many other bands have the guts to do that?)

5. Despite their refusal to embrace mainstream marketing outlets, they still sell millions of albums.

6. They are respected by musicians around the world, as evidenced by the fact that they are often profiled in publications targeted towards musicians.

6. Although they have been around less than 10 years, their influence on newer bands can already be heard.

So you can bash Tool all you want. Me, Robert Fripp, and countless others who actually play music will continue listening to and enjoying Tool. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.