DCC Archive Packaging

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeffrey, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Hi,

Just scored a "sealed" Jackson Browne/Late for the Sky from Music Direct and the booklet is already inserted in the cd jewel case and there is no exterior cardboard shell. All the other DCC Golds I bought had the booklet & case inserted separately in the exterior shell. Is Late for the Sky packaged different than the other releases?

Thanks,
    Jeffrey :confused:

2. Matt

Matt New Member

No, Late For Sky should have it's own cardboard shell and booklet separate. Some of the DCC CD's they buy aren't always perfectly new. Just a few weeks ago, I got "Willy & The Poor Boys"; the CD had a few light marks and the box was a bit ragged. It's likely that they buy returned copies, maybe copies opened for demonstration, and just reseal them.

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Hi Camarillo,

Thanks for the info. As for the truth in advertising thing:

Oh well, a touch of grey,
    Kinda suits Music Direct anyway,
    Pretty much all I had to say,
    and it's alright.

4. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I bought sealed copies of Heart's Dreamboat Annie and Gerry Rafferty's City to City. They were onvious reseals. The outer slipcase had wear on them with good (untorn) shrink wrap over it. Even the girls at work commented they were obviously not new. But at least the price was right on them. I just wish they would have been more truthful about what they really were.

5. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

OOPS! I meant to type obvious reseals. That will teach me to try to type with more than one finger!!

6. Mike

Mike New Member

Gotta watch out for reseals. I learned the hard way on ebay, but then noticed that the brick and mortar stores do it too. With regular non gold cd's they remove the cellophane, then pop the bottom hinge off to get at the cd, while leaving the strip across the top intact. Then pop the hinges back on, reseal with shrinkwrap and you now have a new/used cd. When I questioned one store clerk, she gave me some line about how the item was new because "it hasn't left the store". I told her the law calls it fraud.

Mike

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I've seen my local FYE (then called Record Town) do the reseal scheme quite a few times. When my local Disc-Go-Round buys new CD's from people on the streets, they remove the shrink wrap but leave the top strip intact. They then sell it as a new CD.

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Bradley Olson ]

8. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

I like the horendous digipak, fancy cardboard packaging where the CD's are jammed into the cardboard pockets and difficult to get out, no protective paper envelopes so you have to literally yank them out...almost as bad as the lame MFSL jewel boxes, where sometimes they shot out at you when you opened them !

Love to have been at the meeting where they thought up these designs...obviously masterminded by some vinyl junkie ! Just a joke !

9. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

I like the horendous digipak, fancy cardboard packaging where the CD's are jammed into the cardboard pockets and difficult to get out, no protective paper envelopes so you have to literally yank them out, humidity dissintegrates the glue and it falls apart...almost as bad as the lame MFSL jewel boxes, where sometimes they shot out at you when you opened them !

Love to have been at the meeting where they thought up these designs...obviously masterminded by some vinyl junkie ! Just a joke !

10. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I hate digipaks as well. Totally uncool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.