"Paul Is Dead" revisited

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nashreed, Feb 21, 2004.

1. A well respected man

A well respected man Forum Resident

The song was completely recorded before that. You can't mix something that is not recorded.

Paulwalrus likes this.
  2. Grunge Master

Grunge Master Forum Resident

Listen to this...on the count in, he says "3, Faul!"

bzfgt likes this.
  3. adm62

adm62 Forum Resident

And "drum" is an old Irish-gaelic word for "ghost". Paul McCartney is of Irish extraction .... WOW!!!!!

* not really

bzfgt and Archtop like this.
  4. California Couple

California Couple Forum Resident

But what is more farfetched?

That putting a mirror on the drum kit shows an arrow pointing at Paul saying “HE DIE”?

Or that someone actually was witty enough to create that drum art that way?

Is that not just one HUGE COINCIDENCE too many?

Does that not show a conspiracy right there?

That was not planted there by some guy in collage or by some Beatle fan with no access to the group.

5. adm62

adm62 Forum Resident

FOUR

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  6. California Couple

We must remember that the Beatles were tired of being seen as "mop tops". They wanted and needed a change.
    Thus they became a different band, they became Sgt. Peppers Band.

“I wanted a new identity.”

Paul talking about Sgt. Peppers.

7. czeskleba

czeskleba Forum Resident

Yeah, this is exactly like a JFK assassination discussion. Around and around in circles, with endless repetition of the same points.

The number of Paul references is not "incredibly high" because most of the things cited as Paul references are really just random details arbitrarily given special significance for no reason. As I noted, it's easy to pick out random details regarding the others too, and if I wanted to devote the time to it I could make a list of "references" to John, George, or Ringo that would be just as long as any list of "references" to Paul. But that would be a pointless exercise, because I suspect it would not change your mind.

Ultimately the burden of proof is upon you to produce some evidence that any of these random details were deliberately done rather than coincidental. You've cited none, because there is none. Absent any evidence to the contrary, it makes sense to conclude the supposed "clues" are indeed just random details.

Dinstun likes this.
  8. California Couple

We know Oswald did not kill anyone, so since you have used the above excuse before, please make a list of random details that point to death references for John, George and Ringo for us to read.

We would love to see your "coincidences".

9. soniclovenoize

soniclovenoize Forum Resident

What about the black rose? What about the blood-stained shoes?

10. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

No, it's up to the person that claims something "had to have happened" to explain why. Asking "why" has nothing to do with whether or not one believes in a "conspiration".

11. bzfgt

bzfgt Forum Resident

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  12. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

13. bzfgt

bzfgt Forum Resident

I replied to him before I saw that because it came first in the thread. You will notice I "like"d your post, which I thought would be enough credit for you getting there first.

mbrownp1 likes this.
  14. A well respected man

First of all, I don't see an arrow. I see a diamond. And all that comes before are just random figures. No, I don't believe Paul wrote a song and named an album just to create an album cover that would allow to do that (he had to have a specific design of the letters in mind before writing the song). And the designer of the cover had to be "in the know" too. That seems more far fetched to me.

Not at all. I don't claim to believe in anything not proven. You guys claim the Beatles conspired to conceal the hoax, it's you that should explain why you think that.

If I said that Fank Sinatra concealed a gay affair, you wouldn't have to explain why you don't think that's true.

15. kaztor

kaztor Forum Resident

The King Lear play at the end of Walrus is also a tell-tale sign of a hoax being at play. You can simply 'bury' your head in the sand, but these guys weren't stupid.

16. czeskleba

czeskleba Forum Resident

Regarding "I Am the Walrus":

In the filmed MMT performance, John sings that he is the walrus. John is the one wearing the black costume, which sets him apart from the other Beatles in appearance. So if there is any real significance to being the walrus or wearing black, or if those things somehow are intended to imply death, then the implication would be that John is dead, not Paul.

Yes, I know that in "Glass Onion" John sings "the walrus was Paul." But that song was written a good six months after "I Am the Walrus" came out, and released about a year later. So, the only way the images on the MMT cover could be intended as references to Paul is if John Lennon said "Hey, let's make an album cover full of things that seem to reference me, and then next year I'll write a song that reveals they are actually references to Paul!" Do you guys truly believe that the Beatles were planning this far in advance, and that John knew he was going to write "Glass Onion" six months before he actually wrote it? Is it really plausible that they had things mapped out that precisely?

And furthermore, John recants his "revelation" that Paul was the Walrus in "God," and reasserts that he was the walrus. Doesn't that undo the whole "clue" line of reasoning anyway?

17. czeskleba

czeskleba Forum Resident

If they were sorry, then why was the Abbey Road cover littered with additional "clues"?

bzfgt likes this.
  18. czeskleba

czeskleba Forum Resident

So are you really suggesting that the chose the album's title deliberately because they knew the word "HEARTS" would spell "HE◇DIE" when a mirror is held up to it?

19. kaztor

kaztor Forum Resident

It even went on to the Let It Be album, Paul being singled out AGAIN with a red background.
    'He wore a black rose because they were out of red ones'. 'It was so hot that day he walked barefoot' (on asphalt!!???).
    'Love the 3 Beatles'. Typo, maybe?
    They were pretty coy about it, weren't they?

Before anyone thinks otherwise; no, I'm not paranoid, but I recognise a hoax when I see one.

20. kaztor

kaztor Forum Resident

I did the mirror thing, but that one's indeed farfetched. But then again, there's the very obvious He Was sign on Magical Mystery Tour...

21. A well respected man

Apart from that, John explained the walrus referred to "The walrus and the carpenter" song in Alice in Wonderland, which he was very fond of (he had already referenced the book in Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds). I guess that makes more sense than John being an expert in Arctic cultures.

And don't forget that "clue" has been already refuted. It was recorded before the Manson murders.

22. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

It's never enough. ;)

bzfgt likes this.
  23. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

One day, when Paul actually dies, there will be those insisting he is still alive.

A well respected man likes this.
  24. redflag

redflag Well-Known Member

And they may be the very ones insisting that he died back in the 60's. Conspiracy theories are a good source of dopamine.

25. bzfgt

bzfgt Forum Resident

He said I WAS the walrus. He never says Paul was NOT, at any point, the Walrus...so it's another clue, if you listen properly to what he does NOT say!