Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

And thanks frank! Got it now

theMess and Frank like this.
  4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Took these last two today myself...still not great but a better idea what it looks like

5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

We'll know for sure in 2 weeks

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  6. Kwai Chang

Kwai Chang Forum Resident

I've never seen that! Thank you, very kindly.

theMess and maccawings like this.
  7. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Been looking at Wiki (I know you guys on here will know much more) at the singles associated with FITD to see what I am missing from the download only content in the forthcoming deluxe edition. I am surprised at how much of the material on the download card was originally exclusively vinyl, which in a way makes it even more dissapointing that it wont make it to CD. As a non vinyl buyer and an owner of the 93 version and now the Japanese 2 CD version, I reckon that the only other track I need on an already available CD on the download card will be The First Stone. Obviously I need the Figure of Eight single version as well, which is not on the download card.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Mr. Explorer and Sean Murdock like this.
  8. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

To come back at this:

Found back the "lossless" file I obtained in 2007: frequency range cuts off at 16000 Hz. This is why we can't have nice things.

Mr. Explorer, theMess and Frank like this.
  9. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

I got lost a couple pages ago. Have no idea what you guys are talking about, what are those freeze frame photos ?

What about the 88 band demos ?

Can someone post a link to one of the UK or Euro articles where they've written about this ? I've looked for that German blog & can't find anything

10. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

You're right about the amount of vinyl-only material that is featured in the new download but I'm pretty certain that the version of Figure of Eight that is included in amongst it all will be the single version.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  11. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Is there some new bonus content that wasn't disclosed days or weeks ago ?

12. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Update from Paul's Twitter - it's the unboxing video! hooray it's more gifs from our MPL overlords.

Including this particular example. I can only imagine it was in response to 'what size will your download be?'

[​IMG]

13. Frank

Frank Senior Member

"Describe your contempt for your fans"

Mr. Explorer and leeroy jenkins like this.
  14. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, I've just looked at the hashtags MPL chose for another gif they've 'created'.
    [​IMG]
    Erm...:cry:

15. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Thanks. The FOE listed on the download list I have seen is the Bob Clearmountain 12" mix. Must admit I was surprised the 7" version isn't.

16. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

It's the same thing.

17. Paul H

Thing is, there's no such difference: the same mix was used across all formats except the 5" CD single, which was an edit of the single mix.

Edit: I see Rigsby beat me to it :)

18. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Yes but you explained it far more comprehensively :)

19. Paul H

And you explained it far more succinctly :)

20. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

What a team. "Standard" and "deluxe" versions both available

Mr. Explorer, theMess, Paul H and 3 others like this.
  21. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Well that sucks. I would be happy to get pick it up and ship it if you wanted to pay for it. I know how it is when you can't get hold of somethi
    Were you able to get a cube somewhere else?

22. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

All I can say is that this release becomes more intriguing by the minute

23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I am going to answer a general question on disk #3 . I think it was Johnny Moondog asking about how the tracks sound..demos? Or alternate masters? I think was the gist

Although a few could be released as is IMO, I think the description of demos is more accurate than a releasable album track. The arrangements are sparser than those same songs as we know them from their official releases.

There are differing degrees of layering on each track, some very simple, some more ornate. Regardless of their treatment, they are definite upgrades to the original demos.

The sound of the tracks are spectacular!

Standouts for me would be Paul singing lead on "So Like Candy" and "Playboy to a Man"

To be short and brief
    Disc #2. Are the demos we had just much better sound. A heads up....hidden track at end of the cd, don't shut off

Disc #1 the album we are all familiar with, with the familiar sound upgrades....i think that if you have liked the treatment on most of the sets that you'll be happy with Flowers

24. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Does Paul sing lead on all of the tracks on Disc 3? Does Elvis sing lots of harmony vocals?

Mr. Explorer, theMess and DeeThomaz like this.
  25. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Thanks for the update! Particularly intrigued by the hint about the disc 2 demo disc. Wonder if the surprise will be spoiled before I get the set on release day?

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.