Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

See, Uncut agrees with me. Demos are the highlight!!

2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

How about a NEW thread:)

3. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Elvis hasn't announced any tour dates after March 20, four days before Flowers is reissued, and Paul's tour doesn't start until April 27. I wonder if they can manage a TV appearance or two together.

4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Id bet Elvis even would enjoy being photographed with Paul nude in a Jacuzzi just to be able to put a Brave face. I'm not sure a photograph like that would improve the sales though. Or anything else for that matter. :)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. I think 7/10 is pretty spot on for the original album. Maybe even 6/10. Just my personal opinion... Looking forward to the extras.

6. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I'm really hoping it will be a shared concert in Minneapolis, but yeah, that will do.

theMess and Marry a Carrot like this.
  7. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Nah, he's keeping the "missing" mix of Party Party under wraps. That'll be the clincher...

8. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Paul that is on the "bonus" from Best Buy, along with the Ou Est Le Soleil long lost "Mole Mix".....:D

theMess likes this.
  9. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Ooh, a Mole Mix of Ou Est Le Soleil as well as one of No More Lonely Nights :)? Count me in - can't get me enough of that Soleil goodness.

theMess and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  10. Kwai Chang

Kwai Chang Forum Resident

(Words Of Encouragement?)Thanks...home demos rated higher than the album...did they review any totebags?

11. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Have you listened to the official promotional "Twenty Fine Fingers" demo, let alone the bootleg? These are no ordinary demos.

Wingsfan2012 and Kwai Chang like this.
  12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

That would be quite cool

Wingsfan2012 and DeeThomaz like this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I've been telling you the demos are really good!

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

The disk 3 version done a little slower but very nice. I know that an expectation comes attached when the word "Demo" is used but you will be surprised at the sound quality here

RAJ717, Wingsfan2012 and DeeThomaz like this.
  15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Things will be ramping up very soon and not " coming soon" card soon

16. Kwai Chang

I'm completely hopeful! Paul might be getting ready for a saturation level merchandising blitz. I hope so...
    The album was good enough to begin with to get me to participate in multiple format 'collecting'.
    In truth...I would like to see a surprise 'early' release by two weeks or a month...along with a massive physical product offensive...just like the first time around.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. Kwai Chang

I'm familiar with all of it.
    I just happen to love the album on its own more than all the extras combined...(Thank you)

Mumbojunk likes this.
  18. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Unfortunately early release will not be happening but the weeks prior to March 24th will be interesting

Mr. Explorer and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  19. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

Very psyched here. The demos are the key reason I'm buying this reissue at all. P.S. Since you seem to have some sort of inside channel to Paul, could you drop a hint to him that he looks 100 times better with gray hair in all the FITD photos from that period than the dyed look he's sporting now. :cool:

Mr. Explorer and Mumbojunk like this.
  20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

While I would love to have that channel, nothing could be further from reality. Really just a fan like all here, have just been blessed with great friends!

I see you are east coast, where? I am from northeast as well

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

I live down the street from our beloved president. You?

22. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I'm a Jersey boy

23. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I don't think I will be (but I'm open to the possibility). I'm thinking the sound will be very good.

I guess my thought is that the word "demo" means vastly different things to different people. Which is fine. I just wish more folks understood different artists meant different things with the word. Some reserve it for scratchy lo-fi home demos, others use it to describing early studio session recordings that are JUST SHORT of the final recording.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

i'all be at the fest for Beatles fans in March, anyone else coming? 2 weeks away.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  25. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Would love to be there but will be as always at the Hyatt Ohare in Rosemont, IL this August. send me a private message with a full report if you wish?