Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Time will tell...last one still hasn't manifested so we will see if we have something to further discussion or not

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Flowers download have a special page which is still a dead link at this time.

But by all means, refresh to your heart's delight!!

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

I'll be using the same plan I've been using since the FITD Coming Soon card arrived. :D

Mark

4. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Do you know what link that is, so I can waste some more time!?

Skywheel and Mark Wilson like this.
  5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I'll waste enuff time for the both of us

6. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

it's a puzzle already

7. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

They are Coming Soon...

8. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

As if, on a card..

(Felt like I was teed up there.)

forthlin likes this.
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yup definitely teed that one up for you guys for sure!

That's the problem, I missed the coming soon card!

10. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I think actually the story is that Paul made McCartney II to play in the car on "long roadtrips" and friends said he should end up releasing those songs as an album. So Paul took the double LP to Columbia and you know what happened next...

Mr. Explorer and forthlin like this.
  11. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

My pkan is to continue listening to everything randomly in my Beatles playlist still. Whatever McCartney comes up will come up. I have only Flowers B-sides (minus the instrumental "Ou Est Le Soliel?" and the alternative "Party Party" mix) and the Flowers album on the playlist so when the Acoustic demos and Band demos become available, those would be added in to my rotation. My other plan is that I'll be revising my all time favorite McCartney song list. I'm currently writing down everything in my notebook currently. I'm writing down the songs by album and then ranking the songs within the album. That's how I know that the songs are in the order I want them before I put them all together in one list. It really organizes things and helps me not put "Be What You See (Link)" over "Take It Away" or "Wanderlust" or something.

12. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

I might start listening to one track per day from the original Flowers cd and post my thoughts here. Or even just a few times a week.

Again this was the tour and album that turned me from casual Paul and Beatles fan To fanatic.

I can contrast my then high school recollections with now.

13. Yeah. I'm gonna listen to all four of many Wild Life pressings first, pretending they are the new Archive set. Then I'll crack open Flowers. :tiphat:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  14. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Wrapped in a conundrum? ;)

15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

After having finished my huge McCartney marathon this week, I plan on basically avoiding any and all Paul for the next month.

On the other hand, I can tell you that my post-Flower experience will probably be a decent playlist of Return To Pepperland stuff, various other outtakes, and probably the Flowers tracks from Tripping The Live Fantastic.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  16. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

Hey I have that CD single! Great I have flying to my Home on CD I'm just missing all the other b-sides. I do like that song a lot. One of my favorite b-sides.

longdist01 likes this.
  17. Kwai Chang

Kwai Chang Forum Resident

Pre-Flowers listening plan?
    Lots of time in the McCartney Garden.

18. I'm occupying the same space on the sidewalk as you all.

19. I have that CASSETTE single. Or, ahem, CASSINGLE.[​IMG]

20. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I read that book cover to cover as a kid and dreamed about owning and hearing some of the albums they reviewed. It was my Beatles reference book for years. I even bought the updated book that was released to cash in on John Lennon's death. If I remember correctly they totally trash everything about Double Fantasy. The print was smaller in the new section to save paper and photos smaller. I'll have to pull it out of storage and read it again. It definitely influenced some buying decisions I made back before the internet.
    I also bought the Bowie version, same thing I was dreaming what my next purchase would be as I looked through the pages.

Kwai Chang likes this.
  21. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

"That Day Is Done (original demo)" and "My Brave Face (original demo)" are on iTunes for purchase. You can also save your money and just listen to a 90-second sample of each.

To be clear, these are the "disc 2" demos, not the "disc 3" demos. Samples are not available for any other tracks.

[​IMG]

22. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Disc two clocks in at 30 minutes & 20 seconds.

23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, there you go....puzzle piece has landed on iTunes!!!

24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Monday's piece still missing!

25. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

They're on Amazon and Spotify too.

SixOClockBoos, Ken.e. and Yorick like this.