Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yup, digital release was this piece of the puzzle. Monday's piece still missing

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  2. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

It sounds like there are more than just two vocal parts on those demos on iTunes.

3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Add Google Play to the list!

Marry a Carrot likes this.
  4. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

And Apple Music. Listening now.

Interesting addition of a border to the artwork.
    [​IMG]

5. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Just listened to both via Tidal. "My Brave Face" is complete unlike the bootleg. Both demos are breathtaking. Just a month to go...

6. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Wow, really happy with these demos. The recordings really are demos, but what makes them so amazing is the way they both sing their hearts out and try to outdo eachother in a positive way. They're also full of unrealized potential. To think of what could have been!
    My Brave Face doesn't differ from the bootlegged version, it's just a huge sound upgrade. It's great hearing That Day Is Done in demoform for the first time! I love Elvis' anecdote about needing a chorus and Paul going into Let It Be territory by busting out That Day Is Doneeee. This is the day it happened and it sounds so electric.

7. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

In fairness to those who complained, I don't think there was any kicking, screaming or whining. Yeah, sure, it comes across that way because many people were annoyed and said so and, rather than offering any kind of sympathy/empathy for fellow fans, many others kicked back against that and, frankly, suggested that the aggrieved should put up or shut up. That, of course, led to as much rancour as the actual problem had caused, but I don't think it fair to label those who were upset as "kickers, screamers or whiners". Again, it suggests a complete inability to empathise with the - perfectly reasonable - desire to own one's music on a factory pressed compact disc, especially given that we're being asked to pay £135 for the privilege of getting access to that collection of recordings. (Please do bear in mind that us UK fans are having to pay significantly more than our US friends.)

Anyway, we've beaten that horse to death. Let's move on to something else trivial we can all fall out about :)

8. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

Gesundheit!

Billy Budapest likes this.
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I agree and apologize for opening up old wounds!

10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

And these are just the initial demos, Disk three brings it to another level!

11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Also now on Paulmccartney.com an "in the studio" story feature

SixOClockBoos and Yorick like this.
  12. Thrillington

13. Thrillington

Also, a chance to listen to the 'My Brave Face' demo, though not the full-length it seems.

14. Fortuleo

Fortuleo Used to be a Forum Resident

Yes, sounds like they both sing on top of a previous MBF demo maybe ? I've always thought that the "Ever since you went away…" bit was Elvis's melodic contribution to the song, but he seems to struggle a bit with the phrasing, while Paul just eases his way through it masterfully.

theMess likes this.
  15. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

Just heard That Day is Done (original demo) on Spotify... Wow that version is beautiful! They sing their hearts out.

theMess likes this.
  16. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

Just a bit of a clue. Is it music or memorabilia, is it something we know about or an extra? Where will we find it?
    For the record if it's a FITD bath mat I'm in!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. Mamunia

Mamunia Forum Resident

I have had the MBF demo on repeat all morning - so, so good and fresh sounding

theMess and supermd like this.
  18. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Wonderful! Thanks for posting. I could watch footage like this all day.

Thrillington likes this.
  19. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Cool, 'Ou Est Le Soleil' overdub.

20. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Yeah, I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and give another thumbs up on the two demos. I like the demo of My Brave Face better than the released version!

21. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Man, oh man did that sound GOOD! I thought those demos sounded pretty good (comparatavely speaking) on the "Ultimate Archive" of 'Flowers', but WOW that is some serious improvement! And I am looking forward to hearing the disc 3 stuff more than anything thus far released on these "Archive" sets. I may not be happy about the download only disc, but I am EXTREMELY happy about the prospect of the whole set. Besides, I can always burn my own disc of the downloads (now if only I knew how to burn a disc.. ;))

22. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

With both songs repeated on each side for your "convenience."
    Honestly, I think that was the worst part of that experiment: you finish one song, flip over the cassette, and then fast forward/rewind to get back to that same song!

johnny moondog 909 and theMess like this.
  23. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I wonder who cut the wood for him. lol

theMess and Kwai Chang like this.
  24. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

So, when you bought the My Brave Face cassingle, you mean to tell me that you DIDN'T listen to Flying To My Home??? I still remember hearing that song for the first time via that cassingle and being very happy to find yet another high-quality Macca B-side. :righton:

theMess, Wingsfan2012 and mrjinks like this.
  25. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

When did these 2 tracks become available?