Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Yeah that is a touchy word, I must admit for some.....

2. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I've held off pre-ordering with Amazon because I don't want them to think I'm happy to buy at that price. If the number of pre-orders comes down, I can't help but feeling that the price will drop accordingly.

3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

At this point doesn't matter

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  4. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I'm sure this guy will be listening at all 54 of his various Please Please Me pressings as his Pre-Flowers Listening Plan™

Mr. Explorer, theMess and Mazzy like this.
  5. SixOClockBoos

And they are added to my playlist. I can't wait to hear them in their rotation... if they ever come up that is. "In The Blink Of An Eye" was added on the first day it came out and it still hasn't come up while i'm listening to the shuffle. I haven't heard the song in its full length since November. And according to last.fm, I've heard Yoko Ono's "Your Hands" 8 times since then and all of those were random... ugh.

6. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

That day is done (demo) is phenomenal

7. SixOClockBoos

Has anyone else found it strange that with the Flowers In The Dirt release incoming, iTunes hasn't removed the original from their store? I remember Venus and Mars, Wings At The Speed of Sound, Tug Of War and Pipes of Peace were removed for some time and the only way to purchase them was by preordering the upcoming deluxe edition and getting that bonus song that was out before release (For Venus and Mars, it was "Listen To What The Man Said" and for Speed of Sound, it was "Let 'Em In"). I assume they were removed from streaming services, but I didn't stream albums at that time and Paul did have his albums pulled from streaming for some time during those years.

8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I actually think it's smart to leave them, doesn't cost them a thing and it may sell a few copies in the meantime. Not to any of us, but maybe some

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  9. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

So not to derail this thread... I have posted pics here: Paul McCartney's FLAMING PIE sampler CD

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Cancel. The price is stratospheric.

I think the other sets have been worth about 30 pounds which is more or less what I paid for them. All except V&M, WATSOS and Pipes of Peace which I don't want anyway.

11. SixOClockBoos

I'm upset that we have discussed Wild Life and the Links again and that my E.P. of Love Is Strange from Mexico didn't arrive in time to take part. I just wanted to bring up that while I was listening to the E.P. "Bip Bop Link" played right before "Tomorrow". I don't think that's been mentioned anywhere in this thread but it certainly did catch me by surprise. This E.P. is misleading considering I was expecting on hearing only 4 songs, not 5.

Mr. Explorer and slane like this.
  12. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Sounds like you've received a defective EP which clearly has no place in your fine, upstanding collection. Lucky for you, I will do my part and take that defect off your hands. I will even pay for the shipping! :D

13. OK! ;)

14. SixOClockBoos

I'll trade my defective EP for that Flaming Pie 6 Song CD sampler. I hear you got it after you finished the UAC. ;)

daveidmarx likes this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Nice!

theMess and SixOClockBoos like this.
  16. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

I currently have the set on order with Amazon Italy at just over £100. The current price has increased but works out at £114 (exc shipping)

17. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

The closer the release day comes the more I think I'm not going to buy this set. I guess I will probably go for the King Crimson box "On and off the road" which costs me about the same but has much more value IMHO. Can't afford both.

18. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

Love the demos.

Just doing my part to help us get to page 500. :D

theMess, forthlin and maccawings like this.
  19. downer

downer Senior Member

Are we there yet?

20. downer

downer Senior Member

Are we there yet?

21. downer

downer Senior Member

Are we there yet?

22. downer

downer Senior Member

Are we there yet?

23. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

Not quite....

24. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I think my approach is that my dissatisfaction is more visible if I cancel an order, rather than them never seeing the order in the first place, especially as Amazon gives you a dropdown to select the cancellation reason (Item cost too high).

It's a bit like a parachute jump though, it's something I'd love to do, but pressing that cancel button would be the equivalent of me jumping out of an aeroplane, it's something I can't see me ever bringing myself to do!

Mr. Explorer, Paul H and Oyster Boy like this.
  25. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

The other thing for me is that if it doesn't come down in price on Amazon.co.uk, I would rather give that kind of money to one of the shops I use. I bought the last four box sets I got on the run up to Christmas from shops rather than Amazon. Will put me in 'use it or lose it' mode. Fortunatley I am not far from Leeds in the UK, which still has a few decent record shops.

Paul H and OobuJoobu like this.