Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I also did a 6th disk of all the DVD audio!

Mr. Explorer and tonewheeltom like this.
  2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

No! Women Kind is way better

3. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Easy for you maybe but not for people that don't have a light saber or lazer writer. :)

4. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

Which reminds me, I need to find a DVD ripper that works for my Mac. Any helpful suggestions from anyone?

theMess likes this.
  5. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

What if Paul did another album with the same band? Would they have gone into the 2000's together if Linda didn't pass and if Paul decided not to work with Jeff Lynne after the Beatles Anthology? Would they replace the drummer after every album? So many questions.

daveidmarx and Mr. Explorer like this.
  6. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I'm hoping there's a new download on Paul's website this week. We did get Rock Show (New Version) a day after the Deluxe editions of Venus and Mars and Speed of Sound were released. Love My Baby was also released the same day as the release date and the extended Letting Go a week before.

7. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

I'm still digesting this box set, but at least I figured one thing out. On "My Brave Face" I always thought the lyric was that Paul had made a TV dinner to share with his love. Now I realize he is singing he set the table for two. Why I thought a TV dinner could be stretched out to feed two people I never will know...:imwithstupid:

Mr. Explorer and JDeanB like this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Lots of questions for sure

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Lol, yes but there are cheap cd labeling software as well. Not hard to make the disk look nice

A matter of fact, I have seen some cheap light scribe external drives at around $25. Not sure how well they work but no a huge expense and it helps down the road with other projects

susyredstripe likes this.
  10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Don't know about more songs but there are still a couple of things that haven't shown up yet.

11. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

12. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

1984. There's photos of the "We Got Married" sessions in the book with Gilmour.

Johnny Reb, speedway, theMess and 6 others like this.
  13. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

While we're on the subject, Phil's also covered Somedays.

14. Carlox

Carlox Forum Resident

Please...:winkgrin::winkgrin: :)

15. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

For a set that's this expensive, the DL approach is cheap, lazy, and disrespectful to the consumer.

javilu77, Mumbojunk and ccbarr like this.
  16. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I get what your saying and I picked up on it as well - not so much from the Lumpy Trousers band (Whitten always looks like he's drumming away oblivious to anything but having a blast) and some of Robbie's facial expressions are priceless.

I pick up on a bit of tension with Elvis and the studio staff. I actually think Paul's silliness is an attempt to defuse some of it, sort of like "hey guys - let's have some fun it's cool..."

The 80s stuff I think is the influence of the producers, not Paul. He was pretty intent on not repeating Press to Play so I think he acquiesced on things like that. Paul likes polished, but not "computer."

Mr. Explorer and wiseblood like this.
  17. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Is it just me, or does Chris Witten look like an overgrown child?

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  18. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I think that would be up to each individual consumer to determine.

jacden, Bemagnus and JDeanB like this.
  19. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I feel like I'm holding out because mine is shipping tomorrow. I always said I would cancel if the price didn't go down and I almost did in protest as well. Glad I didn't after all the posts that seem to think it was worth it.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  20. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Just catching up but yes they ARE available in Canada. This site is your friend when HD Tracks lets us down

ProStudioMasters - Audio Uncompromised™ - High-Resolution Audio Downloads

Ryan Lux likes this.
  21. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I had those boots!

theMess likes this.
  22. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Don't find it that way at all. They could have stopped at disk 3 and still sold the set. I wish they had put the rest to disk but i'm happy that this set has the most bonus audio and video to date. So complain away, it's your right but I will disagree

Lewisboogie and Claudio Dirani like this.
  23. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

:biglaugh:

24. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Gottta check my box sets as well.

Wingsfan2012 and Wiserforthetime like this.
  25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

No I don t think so. The included physical stiluff contains three very good albums-the DL contains assorted loose tracks like b-sides,remixes a few demos etc.
    Besides some 1o minutes for DL and 10 more for Burning the CD ain t exactley hardwork. After doin that I hardly play any of the cd s much-it goes out from my Mac or I-phone or USB . This is called the modern world -and it works wonders.
    :)

Jayseph and Zeki like this.