Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Yeah I have never liked FITD that much either. But if Wild Life and RRS were on offer - now we're talking!

Mazzy likes this.
  2. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Definitely original order of release for each album - I couldn't stand having 'Band On The Run' before 'Ram', it would drive me insane!

GV1967 likes this.
  3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Personally it drives me very nsane that New is among the last.:)

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  4. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Well it's just about here, sadly never any clips of the band demos. I thought it would have leaked but I guess not.

I'll check em out next week see if it's worth the price.

5. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I've had to cancel my order due to emergency building work at home. I think I'll be safe for a few months, can't see this selling out any time soon

6. jricc

jricc Senior Member

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but the demo for Distractions is available as a free download on Paul's site.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  7. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

We don't discuss actual musical content like that here. This thread is for shipping reports, shelf issues and discussing unrelated topics.

8. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Any day now, the 'it's shipped' posts will begin. Who will be the first, I wonder?

9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I guess I should be first then. I received my notice from Amazon.Tibet that my item shipped on January 15, 2017. Of course, it takes the yaks a couple of months to get down through the winter snows in the Himalayas. BUT my email updates indicate that the set will arrive on Friday, on time. And those yaks have never failed me in the past... ;)

[​IMG]

Wingsfan2012, Zeki, sonnyrock and 7 others like this.
  10. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Oh please no, not again!!!!! :help:

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Do you have something against yaks? ;)

theMess likes this.
  12. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

No, it's just a rumour....

[​IMG]

SixOClockBoos and theMess like this.
  13. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Mine has shipped!

Only Kidding.... :D

theMess and Thrillington like this.
  14. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

And mine is heading down the Red Rose Speedway passing the Band On The Run...

Wingsfan2012 and jl151080 like this.
  15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Mine is somewhere between Venus & Mars, and it is traveling at the Speed Of Sound. I'll update you all when it is Over America, or at least in London Town.

16. downer

downer Senior Member

Mine is taking the long way... via Venus and Mars...

17. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Boooo!!!!!!!!

:D

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  18. wdp33

wdp33 Forum Resident

Paul just sent me an email -- how nice of him.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2017 08:28 PM Eastern Standard Time

Subject: Flowers In The Dirt - 1 Week Until Release

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Free Download:
    'Distractions (Demo)'

"I like a good love song, you know. And it’s always nice to be in the mood to write a ballad and that was the case when I sat down to write this. It just occurred to me that if you love someone, one of the problems is that you don’t always spend enough time with that person…”

Find out Paul’s motivation for writing the song 'Distractions' and download his demo for free HERE! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Paul confirms a very special Record Store Day release

On April 22nd Paul will celebrate Record Store Day with a limited edition three-song cassette of Flowers In The Dirt demos. The cassette will include 'I Don’t Want To Confess', 'Shallow Grave' and 'Mistress And Maid', available in the same form as when Paul and Elvis Costello first cut them directly to tape.

Click here for a sneak peek at the cassette!

Colour in Flowers In The Dirt

We’ve created brand new colouring in images and a Flowers In The Dirt website! Share your artwork on your social media platform of choice using the hashtags #PaulMcCartney and #WhatsnewPaul. We'll post some of our favourites on the album site for everyone to see!

Download the new colouring in images HERE!
    ...And vist the new Flowers In The Dirt website HERE! [​IMG]

Caption Competition

It’s competition time! We’re giving fans the opportunity to get their hands on a Deluxe Edition ofFlowers In The Dirt with a new GIF caption contest! We’d like you to come up with an entertaining caption to go with one of three GIFs!

Enter the GIF competition by clicking HERE!

theMess likes this.
  19. sdldawn

sdldawn Forum Resident

The distractions demo kindof has a futuristic sound to me, though I think unintentionally. The start of the drum machine to the distracting noises. Best thing I've heard from the unreleased so far

pantofis, Johnny Reb and theMess like this.
  20. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

21. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder Thread Starter

Also some very interesting details about the hidden track of "The Lovers That Never Were"... :thumbsup:

22. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder Thread Starter

Also, for johnny moondog and all the curious, only one of the Disc 3 tracks ("The Lovers That Never Were") is considered a "very rough" band demo -- all the others are described as "more than a demo" or "sounds like an outtake" or "alternate take." So it sounds like we're getting some good stuff on Disc 3!

I'll let Roger collect the clicks and not copy it all here, because this is a good scoop!

The Daily Beatle: Flowers VS Vigotone

23. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Does anyone have any details regarding the 45 that comes with the Best Buy physical CD purchase? I may have missed it but went back a few pages and didn't see anything.

24. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

If I'm reading everything correctly... This Distractions demo is not available anywhere else except as a free download... Geez Paul. Mix that with Flying To My Home only available physically on a 45 at Best Buy but only on the 2 CD set, not the 3CD set this set is really a headache for someone trying to get everything.

Claudio Dirani likes this.
  25. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident

Thanks, a nice and detailed overview...and the content of CD3 now makes more sense. The way it's presented (Costello connection, same order, etc...) is that Paul+Elvis+band went into the studio in 1988 with the songs they'd written in 1987...Still some good stuff to look forward too !