Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

It is great. Hope you get a flawless copy too. I only ever had the CD and thought this was McCartneys best album since possibly BOTR. Now the LP sounds better than the CD and it is giving me an even greater appreciation of this work.

2. paul_is_live

paul_is_live Forum Resident

I interviewed Toussaint in 2006 when he was touring "The River in Reverse" LP he'd done with Elvis Costello. As "Venus and Mars" is one of my top three Macca albums, I had to ask him about it. He didn't remember a lot of detail, but he did say: "Well, let me tell you something about working with Mr. McCartney. I mean, talk about an absolute professional. He is someone who knows how exactly to get the sound he hears in his head onto tape. Exactly what instrument or effect is needed." He said they were great sessions, but when I asked him if it was him who did the piano outro on "Rock Show" (the "Who's that there? Huh?" bit), he couldn't recall. I said it really sounded like his touch a lot more than McCartney's. He finally said, "Well I suppose it was me. I can't recall who exactly played what. I just remember having a lot of fun making that record."

I had the pleasure to meet Allen in person not long after that and he was just an absolute gentleman. Nothing but nice things to say about everyone he worked with and the most humble guy you could imagine given the influence and reach he's had on popular music. He always just was appreciative that he could play music for a living.

3. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

My Chaos colored wax just arrived from the McCartney store.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

I wasn't aware of a new remix of "My Carnival".....
    I have a list with something called "Unedited party mix". Could that be it?

5. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Received my Wings Greatest vinyl, removed from sleeve and full of scratches. I cleaned and played it thinking maybe they were just on the very top, nope - very audible. This is the 2nd vinyl received from Amazon in less than a week. I have never had an issue with scratches from Amazon vinyl but they’re replacing one and refunding me the fee for the other as it is sold out right now. I just wish they could say why my Chaos and Thrillington black vinyls were cancelled but they said probably computer error and offered to reorder, I passed for now.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Did some internet research on this because the internet doesn't lie. Also I can't figure out why I am so interested in the various mixes of My Carnival right now . Bored at work I think.

The iTunes release seems to be the same as the Party Mix of the song found on the Spies Like Us 12". That would be something never released on CD.

Never heard of an unedited party mix in the officially released world. There is also a Cold Cuts version out there that I guess you could describe as an earlier version of the 7" release with less/different overdubs.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. beatman61

beatman61 Well-Known Member

Did you receive an email prior to shipping it? Is that the only one you ordered?

8. Can't blame Amazon ( or any retailer) for scratches. Thats a pressing plant issue. At least Amazon has the easiest and quickest return policy.

9. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

It seems I got things mixed up. My excel file opened up weird, or I read it wrong. It wasn't an "uedited party mix" but an "unedited alternate mix". And it wasn't "My carnival" but "Spies like us".....go figure....

But anyway. There was no new mix of "My carnival" released via itunes.
    Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Agree with Mazzy sorry for your luck though, I ordered from Bull Moose and my blue copy was here in three days and is a quite flat clean listen

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  11. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Check out some reading material on other sites concerning The Art of the 12", Volume Two to find what you seek. Just learned this myself and how interesting it is.

Mr. Explorer, l-l-d and tinnox like this.
  12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Yes, I received a shipping notice on the 17th. It was the only one I ordered from them.

I ordered NEW colored from Bull Moose and it arrived quick but no shipping notice.

13. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

Yes. I have a back up of the file on my computer. I sold off the disc to a collector of ZTT releases a while back.
    Sometimes I regret doing it. But he was happy and filled a hole in his collection. So I'm kind of happy too. :righton:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Nice!

Mr. Explorer and longdist01 like this.
  15. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Not blaming Amazon at all, just saying what are the odds two different ones scratched in less than a week after a perfect record of no problems with any vinyl from them until now. The fact they were quick to respond and replace or refund makes me happy.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I am not blaming Amazon for anything, it was new and sealed. All I was pointing out was first a damaged Phil Collins album, and now Wings. Disappointed? Yes. Happy to have a quick fix and was Amazon great to work with? Yes. I have been lucky that I have not had problems until now and in less than a week I have two. The fact that I have two in less than a week is just bad luck. I could be like some of the people around here and just complain and replace every single thing I receive because the shrink wrap wasn’t lined up just right - then complain about the replacement because God only knows why. Then complain when Amazon says I cannot return anything anymore ....

longdist01 and mrjinks like this.
  17. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Not schmaltz IMO, but brilliant!

18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

There is an unedited Party Mix of My Carnival. It's unreleased but booted. It's the first track on this:

chickendinna likes this.
  19. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks for that round up.

20. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

This is the reason I like things on physical media, rather than streaming...

21. Calico

Calico Senior Member

This was a great... but extremely boring boot, that contained official remixes that have remained unreleased.
    It contains what was supposed to be the 7" mix or "Talk More Talk".
    For hardcore completists - like many here - only!

22. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

My black Chaos has a good number of clicks and a couple crunches.. maybe a cleaning will help.

23. beatman61

beatman61 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, appreciate it.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  24. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

It's vinyl. Isn't the surface noise part of the so-called allure? That is the primary reason I left vinyl behind for good back in the mid-80s.

milo and Oyster Boy like this.
  25. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

iTunes labelled it as a new mix.
    Given that they retitled the disco version of "Goodnight Tonight" with that release, and the Archive of Venus And Mars relabelled the single mix of "Letting Go," it wouldn't surprise me if "My Carnival" was retitled because the remix was from 1985, ten years after the original was recorded and first mixed.

l-l-d likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.