Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Generally it means this will be another expensive time soon.^^

2. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

If there is a new studio album from Paul in 2018 (which apparently is what is going to happen), I doubt we will see Wild life/Red rose speedway being published the same year.
    I suppose these two will be pushed back to 2019.

3. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

If the new album comes out soon (rumored this Friday!), then that leaves a lot of time to reissue the Archive editions in the Fall. If I was MPL, I would drop these in late Aug to early Sep, much before Imagine & WA50 hit the market.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

Is the whole thing rumored to be dropping this week? Or just the announcement?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

What's dropping at the end of this week will either be the album, the announcement, or our level of interest in the whole damn thing. Could go any way.....

theMess, Zongadude, Ken.e. and 8 others like this.
  6. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

He’s not the type to release something under his name without a lot of advance notice.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

My money is on #3. ;)

theMess, Mr. Explorer and Carl80 like this.
  8. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Are you sure they didn't say "Coming Soon"?

theMess and Bewaremylove like this.
  9. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Times are changing, and we’ll soon see if Paul has too.

‘NEW’ and the ‘Wings Over America’ reissue both came out in the same year, so I see no reason, if the album drops this week or soon after, that we can’t get Archive sets in late August/September or even October.

10. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

11. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

Really people? Just think about it. Paul will NOT release a new album in June.. he will need one or two months pre-publicity followed by some gigs to get the most out of his dying career. I suspect Late July - Sept for it's release and It's looking more likely by the day that the RRS/Wildlife Archives sets won't come out this year unless there is no White album anniversary set issued in Nov and then they could conceivably take it's place. I'm sure no one thinks that the "Imagine" (waste of time) re-issue will be stepping on any toes at all so maybe October is open to another release or two. So maybe this scenario is more likely:
    Late July or Aug: Paul new album
    Mid/Late Sept: Paul RRS/Wildlife Archive sets
    Oct: Imagine re-issue
    Late Nov: White album set

You have to remember that in this day and age any release only has a shelf life of barely a month till it's forgotten so issuing albums a month apart is not gonna hurt sales of what comes before or after. It will hurt collectors pockets naturally but the average Joe will be fine who will only buy one or two of all these upon release.
    Also it's not entirely impossible that this year the only product issued will be the Imagine re-issue (Its the only thing thats official so far) though Paul's new album does seem like it will be there somewhere. As for the others.. lap of the Apple Gods.

Oyster Boy and FKA002 like this.
  12. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

One thing is for sure Paul's album is imminent the rest is conjecture.

theMess, Thrillington and Oyster Boy like this.
  13. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Well, that's all sorted - thanks. I wish my career was dying as well as Macca's.

14. Thrillington

There’s less and less reason, in this age of streaming, to have a 1-2 month buildup to an album release. Capitol are likely betting they’ll be more publicity with a sudden album release than just a single. The chatter seems to suggest a release is imminent. Paul’s featuring on Carpool Kareoke, with the new song, next week. Tour dates may well be announced soon.

As for not releasing Archive sets near the White Album reissue, that didn’t stop Flowers in the Dirt releasing ahead of the Pepper deluxe set.

Guess we’ll find out this afternoon, when Paul’s social media makes its daily tease.

15. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Singles are pretty much dead — even top-selling artists like Taylor Swift are just putting out 2-3 songs in the weeks leading up to the album release.

My guess is that Carpool Karaoke premiering a new song will be this week's announcement.
    Next week, after he appears and mentions the new album, we'll have more details.
    The album will come around the time of the late summer/early fall tour, when the kids are ready for school.
    Imagine comes in September, which doesn't compete against the tour because tickets are already sold.
    Paul, meanwhile, finishes his tour in New York and makes an appearance on Saturday Night Live, etc.
    Red Rose Speedway and Wild Life come mid-October.
    The Beatles 50 comes at the end of November to coincide with the actual 50th (remember that Pepper was released on its anniversary).
    By December, Giles Martin is already tweeting pictures of Abbey Road Studios with the suggestion of "Coming soon…" ;)

Hep Alien and Mr. Explorer like this.
  16. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Besides touring, I have no idea how people in the music industry make any money these days. The trend is showing that most teens and young adults stream their music and purchase songs very rarely (and albums even less). It used to be the youth driving the industry with their purchase of singles and, to a lesser degree, albums. Making music should be a satisfying hobby, but trying to make a living at it must be frustrating unless you have unlimited resources like Paul and other big namers do.

Mr. Explorer and Oyster Boy like this.
  17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Word has come from on high that the Imagine release will be in October. [Think the 9th...]

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Totally agree and if you are starting out or an obscure artist there is no money in touring either. A lesser known artist I am into is struggling to even keep on the road and has appealed for funds to keep the tour going. He has been involved in the music industry for twenty years. Sad.

Shak Cohen, RAJ717 and Mr. Explorer like this.
  19. Thrillington

Well folks, with today's announcement that Paul's new studio album will be releasing in fall, where does that leave our supposed Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway sets? Can they still be slotted in this summer, or should we fear the worse?

Paul To Release All-New Double A-Side Single

Paul’s new album is slated for fall 2018 release on Capitol Records. Further details will be announced shortly.

20. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

My guess is that the next Archive reissues will now come early 2019. I don’t see MPL/Capitol dropping them in midst of the new album marketing cycle.

theMess, C_Jepson, Oyster Boy and 2 others like this.
  21. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Most likely Fall of 2019

C_Jepson, Mr. Explorer and FKA002 like this.
  22. Thrillington

Shame. If they were planning a fall release for the new album all along, why not release the reissues May/June and then start the new album promo.

As usual, MPL are a mystery all to themselves.

theMess, Oyster Boy, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  23. What the hell happened to Back To The Egg? I was hoping for the bonus to be the Kampuchea convert in whole.

24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Very true.

I still can entertain the possibility of releasing them in July or August, but the odds are looking like a 2019 release for the next Archives. We can never underestimate the illogical thinking at MPL.

25. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Keep in mind that there was about 3 months between Kisses On The Bottom and Ram. It's still likely for a new album in early September, and the Archives to come mid-December right for Christmas; if not, expect the release to be delayed to early 2019 so that there can be a Record Store Day exclusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.