Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

They may plug the gap between the new album and the next Archive releases with more coloured vinyl and CD reissues of albums unlikley to get an Archive release, maybe MAF, RDR, KOTB or already released by Concord as an Archive edition namely WOA. This would happen prior to Christmas IMHO.

Mark Wilson and FKA002 like this.
  2. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Anyone know where you can buy the new single , says it out tomorrow ?

3. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Digital only, hopefully news of a physical release soon.

So presumably all good online music retailers! iTunes, Amazon, etc

Carl80 and FKA002 like this.
  4. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

My guess is that the Spring of '19 is when we can expect the Wild Life/Red Rose Speedway sets...if not later.

5. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Y’all could get worked up about having all the bonus tracks, but like stated above, like with NEW, there will be an edition a year or so later with all the extra tracks.

I will buy my favorite “extras” album now and worry about the rest later.

daveidmarx likes this.
  6. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Unfortunately you may be right, the new album comes out Sep 7 and from what we’ve heard, will come in many different versions. I just don’t see MPL putting another product out in the summer and target fan wallets twice in short period.

7. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

Kinda bummed about this whole thing. The new album will be out in September which is a long time in my view, and that also means no Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway sets this year...

8. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I hope I am wrong but it is beginning to look like Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway and Back To The Egg are the Great Pumpkins of the McCartney reissue campaign.
    I don't hear much clamoring for a newly remastered Big Bop these days lol.

I bought Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway and Press To Play online. They look legit (white covers with the smaller color album cover inlaid 1993 remasters?) but who knows. They sound fine though.

Oyster Boy, C_Jepson and Mr. Explorer like this.
  9. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

If they sat "featuring" and "bonus tracks" underneath the title — and have the full size sleeve on the page behind the front cover, then it's the 1993 remasters. :)

As for being the great pumpkins, note: Band On The Run is his most celebrated LP, McCartney broke up The Beatles (and McCartney II is a sequel), Ram is another early gem, Wings Over America was Wings at their peak, Venus And Mars and Speed Of Sound are well lauded and the core of that Wings lineup, Tug Of War his greatest 80s LP (with Pipes Of Peace the sequel), and Flowers In The Dirt a major come back launch for him.

Into that, the others didn't get as high: Wild Life was a rough start, Red Rose Speedway was the middle step to Band On The Run, London Town a pause from the energy of Wings Over America, Back To The Egg was the LP that broke up Wings (and is better track-by-track rather than whole album), Broadstreet is the mistake he is laughed at for, and Press To Play is the album deemed released before properly finished. Its not until you dig into those LPs that you realize the quality of those 'down' records is still above many others' records… but Paul needs to be persuaded that, at this point, the sales for the sets on these LPs will match the others because the Archives appeal to a part of the fanbase who wants it all.

10. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Great post but my use of the Great Pumpkin is from Charlie Brown Halloween Special when Linus (instead of trick or treating) goes into a pumpkin patch waiting for the "Great Pumpkin" ( a sort of Halloween Santa Claus figure in Linus's head) who never,ever shows up, much to the anger and dismay of Charlie Brown's little sister, who waited with Linus in vain and missed all the candy in the process. In other words the albums I mention might not ever be re-issued. I hope I am wrong.

11. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Let’s just hope the wait doesn’t extend too much into 2019, but thankfully there are other things to keep us occupied like his new album, the Imagine reissue and White Album 50!

12. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Of everything speculated about, these are what I wanted the most and these are what aren't coming. Sucks.

theMess, Mamunia, Oyster Boy and 2 others like this.
  13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I know.

[As opposed to "I Don't Know" ;) ]

Mr. Explorer, theMess, jlf and 2 others like this.
  14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

well it's nothing "New" but we will all have to wait for "Another Day" for any Archive releases or announcements:

Mr. Explorer and Shak Cohen like this.
  15. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Possibly because we got a remaster of Bip Bop on Pure McCartney.

Mr. Explorer and Oyster Boy like this.
  16. Oyster Boy

The 93's you bought may be keepers whatever happens as the bonus tracks may not appear on potential Archive editions. Thats why I still have the 93 POP.

fmfxray373 likes this.
  17. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Or will be on later Archives. The 93 Pipes Of Peace has one bonus track not on an Archive right now — "We All Stand Together" — because it's likely to be attached to Give My Regards To Broadstreet.

The one that really annoys me is the 2007 digital releases, which were deleted around 2012: if you don't have the tracks backed up on a hard drive that iTunes didn't delete during a sync, you don't have them any more… and six of those cuts aren't available elsewhere.

18. Oyster Boy

The other one is Simple as That which is only in demo form on the physical archive edition.

Mr. Explorer and Lewisboogie like this.
  19. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Isn't simple as that also in that one?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. djej

djej Forum Resident

We All Stand Together isn't on an Archive release, but it is on Pure McCartney from 2016.

21. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Listening to Breakfast With The Beatles with Chris Carter yesterday morning on The Beatles Channel. Chris says Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway BOXES coming from Paul later this year. Good news!

Then he follows that up by saying he’s excited because Bip Bop is his guilty pleasure! Not kidding.

ARNIE, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! :wave:

Mr. Explorer, jmxw, theMess and 14 others like this.
  22. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Interesting. Was wondering if Wild Life would have been either skipped or buried at the tail end of the series. Glad both are coming. Gives me hope for London Town & Back To The Egg.

23. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

So we're gonna get 'Egypt' in September, and then Wild Life/RRS AND the White Album remaster before Christmas? Wow. I'd be thrilled with that, but it's a curious marketing strategy by MPL/Apple.

24. djej

djej Forum Resident

Bip Bop is the epitome of pop songwriting. Get over it, haters!!

theMess, longdist01 and JDeanB like this.
  25. I agree with him Only folks here make fun of that song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.