Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

It’s also the exact date @tonewheeltom was born!

nedwho and Mr. Explorer like this.
  2. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

That's great news! We'll only have to wait until March 31, 2019 for the 41st anniversary Archive releases of London Town and Back to the Egg!

Note: the above is a joke, so I do not want to see it used as a source. ;)

nedwho and Mr. Explorer like this.
  3. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Still waiting , we need something official to keep us going till white album Friday !

4. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Has anyone gotten either LALD [take 10] or Indeed I Do to play on Spotify? I can see them just fine, but the titles are grayed out and I have no option of playing them.

5. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

They wouldn't work for me either. I assume it's a country/territorial issue? Maybe tomorrow for the U.S./North America?

Mr. Explorer, supermd and PhoffiFozz like this.
  6. christian42

christian42 Forum Resident

I think it's possible that it was indeed a Ram outtake that was dusted off in 1971 for some overdubs, like several of the other leftovers: "Get on the Right Thing", "Little Lamb Dragonfly", "Sunshine Sometime", "Little Woman Love"... And since it didn't appear on Ram, I guess it fits almost as well here instead.

7. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I wonder if "When the Wind is Blowing" will have vocals here. I'm bummed "Sunshine Sometime" from RAM did not (though it does sound nice and peaceful as an instrumental).

8. gonetroppo

gonetroppo Well-Known Member

9. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

Think of it as a mono mix from the 60s. A tiny bit different, or maybe some radical changes. It’ll be something to look forward to I suppose.

Mr. Explorer and supermd like this.
  10. Musician95616

Musician95616 Forum Resident

All I need now is for "Back To The Egg" and "London Town" deluxe editions to be announced!!!

Of course, I'm still holding out for "Press To Play" and "Give My Regards To Broad Street". : )

11. sweetdudejim

sweetdudejim Forum Resident

I sure hope that we get the finished (or as close as they got) versions of everything, even if they are things he didn't polish off until the '80s. I can see why somebody would just wanna hear the stuff as it was done within the era in question, we've waited a long time to get these tunes in good quality (or in any quality at all for the previously unbooted stuff) and ergo I wanna hear "When The Wind Is Blowing" and "Night Out" with full Paul lead vocals.

Also...interestingly, if you listen very closely, you can hear Paul singing on the released version of "Sunshine Sometime." I can't say for sure whether it's just off mic bleed through or whether the vocals were just turned down but not fully off. Maybe you already know this but I figured I'd pitch this info in.

12. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

But I imagine the Rupert album will be released at some point, so maybe they are saving the finished, or mostly finished versions for that.

Eska68, omikron, theMess and 2 others like this.
  13. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

It is a little puzzling to have the inclusion of a rough mix on this album. I mean, of all the things they might have included with Wild Life, why this, exactly?

I can only assume it's not just a random thingie that Paul is throwing in -- I assume, in other words, that there will be some actual musical or historical interest to the rough mixes, because otherwise, wtf? In any case -- and I do mean in any case -- if we were worried that we'd have nothing to talk about here once these are finally released, well, we need worry no longer! I foresee a poll and many pages of debate, appreciation, and disappointment on this very topic!

14. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

If BtTE doesn't have the full Rupert album demo included I'd be really surprised. Iirc the singing on 'Sunshine Sometime' is mic bleed and it's just Paul singing along to his guitar track. I bloody LOVE that Rupert album, even though Paul's narration sounds bored on the circulating version. It's a lovely little set of lovely little songs and I'm hoping we get a great sounding recording of it next year some time. I suppose it may even have had more work done to it than the version we've heard too - that really would be something.

theMess, Mr. Explorer and supermd like this.
  15. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yes...I love the Rubert album as well. This is one of the reasons I wanted the last four Wings albums so badly. The bonus material is far more interesting and tantalizing than the other releases.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Indeed I Do and Live and Let Die are up on Spotify Europe!

17. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Indeed I Do is a small part of the widely bootlegged familiar guitar demo. The sound quality is an upgrade, but hardly. Still a very sweet song!

18. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Hoping it will be in the US in the morning. We are definitely getting an announcement tomorrow. They probably wanted to wait until Friday since thats when new music is posted.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

It's amazing to hear an alternate take of Live and Let Live! It's a band take with a live leadvocal by Paul. It's great!! No overdubs.

20. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

I always loved Indeed I Do
    This remaster is so clear !

Lewisboogie, theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well gang, it seems like what we have uncovered so far on these Archive releases is not the whole picture! Seems like we have a very nice surprise coming!!!!!!!!!:goodie:

22. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I would rather get more period-accurate mixes, actually, even though it may mean getting more unfinished things. The '80s mixes sound like they are from the '80s, which is fine for what it is, but I did not enjoy listening to the RAM deluxe and hearing 1986 production techniques on "A Love for You." I'm certain we will be getting 1972/73 mixes for the unreleased RRS stuff, as there must have been some kind of finished or close-to-finished mix to have made an acetate for the double album with serious intent to release.

I always have hope for some eventual box set to gather up some of the more complete mixes of the Cold Cuts songs. "Hey Diddle," while mostly finished in 1974, still got further overdubs, and I like those overdubs. Even though we already have 2 vintage mixes, I want the one from the version of Cold Cuts I have had for years now, originating from 1980-ish.

Also, yes, I do hear the faint Paul vocals on "Sunshine Sometime," but they are so incredibly quiet that they may as well not even be there. This will be great to get someday. The bass is so good!

tug_of_war, theMess, omikron and 4 others like this.
  23. Everbeat

Everbeat Forum Resident

Hi. I'm new to this forum. A big Beatles/Paul McCartney fan, and really looking forward to these releases, especially RRS. I have all the deluxes so far, and will get both these new ones. I wonder if anyone else have noticed that the box for Wild Life seem to be the other way round than RRS is. Could this mean that we're actually seing the backside, and that the original Wild Life cover is on the other side?

jammincrowe likes this.
  24. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

You tease!

I have two guesses as to what that might be but I am keeping them to myself.

theMess, Mr. Explorer and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  25. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Come on midnight...come on midnight...come on midnight.

In reality, this competes with Jet for my number one spot, but being obsessed with Jet to the exclusion of all else is funnier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.