Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I get nice reverb from my toilet without any studio trickery. Just sayin'.

2. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I think it's a snare. There are skins on both sides (check the tuners on top and bottom) but I can't see the actual snare piece attached (it can be removed). It's a deep one - 10" depth - but it's a snare I think.

3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

well the mix was crap, try hitting it again!

4. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

The traffic light story is definitely about Wild Life. Not sure where it's from....maybe "Wingspan"?

Paulwalrus, forthlin and Hep Alien like this.
  5. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Create your own Paul McCartney fan story!

“I remember back in the [Decade]’s I was in [Country], doing [Activity], when I bumped into a [Type of Person] who told me they really liked [Less Popular Album]. That sort of made me realise, y’know, that [Album] wasn’t as bad as I thought because I’d always sort of dismissed it as not being very good. And y’know actually there’s a few tracks that I remembered I love like [Most Popular Song on the Album], and even one I’d forgotton doing like [Second Most Popular Song on the Album].” - Paul McCartney

6. slane

slane Forum Resident

For the millionth time, Spector didn't 'hide' Lennon's bass playing on TL&WR - it's louder on his mix than any other mix! I believe this 'story' came from Ian Macdonald.

7. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

His bass playing is more easily heard without the orchestra overdubs. I never realized how bad it was til I heard the unadorned mix on a Get Back bootleg.

8. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Always wondered why Paul didn't overdub the bass on TLAWR when he did so for Let It Be in Jan 1970.

9. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

That's cause John wasn't even the best bass player in the Beatles:)

Sean, SixOClockBoos, forthlin and 2 others like this.
  10. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

If Paul's new album is getting delayed and pushed towards a Fall '18 release, MPL should give us a couple of Wings archive editions this Spring. As of now, there is no FAB activity in the first half but it will get busy in 2nd with Imagine & White Album reissues also waiting in the wings...

Sean, supermd, Sean Murdock and 7 others like this.
  11. Thrillington

Let’s have another March release.

Sean, supermd, Hep Alien and 4 others like this.
  12. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Would that be during the filming of Help! where Paul recently said he remembers being in an Austrian log cabin with John listening to Here, There and Everywhere on a record player?

I love Paul's dodgy memory, but seriously, it must be so damn hard for someone who has lived such a packed life to separate things out properly in his own mind.

13. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

There’s no reason to assume Paul’s new album has been delayed, i assume at this point he’s just working on the title/track listing etc etc

He was seen on Instagram with a recording engineer/mixer in late December, so maybe that part of the album is finished!

I have no inside info, and again there is NO REASON FOR ANY PAUL RELATED PRODUCT TO BE DELAYED WHEN RELEASED ALONG SIDE BEATLES PRODUCT. Don’t know why people spread that myth

14. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

"There were a lot of bum notices after Ram. But I keep meetin' people wherever I go, like I met someone skiing. As he skied past me he said, "I loved Ram, Paul." So that's really what I go by. Just the kind of people who flash by me in life. Just ordinary people and they said they loved it." Paul 1974

Paul McCartney: The Rolling Stone Interview - Rolling Stone

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  15. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

“I remember back in the 2000's I was in North Korea, playing golf, when I bumped into a computer technician who told me they really liked "Back to the Egg". That sort of made me realise, y’know, that "Back to the Egg" wasn’t as bad as I thought because I’d always sort of dismissed it as not being very good. And y’know actually there’s a few tracks that I remembered I love like Getting Closer, and even one I’d forgotten doing like Old Siam Sir.” - Paul McCartney

16. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

The other story Paul loves to tell is the "Getting Better" story... how he had written "it's getting better all the time" and John came up with "it couldn't get much worse". Then sometimes he'll mention Jimmy Nichol, the guy who replaced Ringo for a week when he was ill, and how whenever one of the Beatles asked him how he was doing, he'd always say "it's getting better all the time". Then one day he remembered this and thought he'd write a song about it.

jwb1231970 and Hep Alien like this.
  17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

There's a recording of John telling that story too, in the studio in 1980, brought up because of how he sings "it's getting better and better" in Beautiful Boy.

18. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Mac Libs!

19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Thank you for finding the quote!

20. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

"It couldn't get much worse" story within this interview as well, which although is heavily Beatles related, overall I enjoyed (apols if this is upthread somewhere):

21. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

And the "Hey Jude", "movement you need is on your shoulder" story.

22. I'm trying to imagine this. They must have been going at a somewhat similar speed, with the fan going slightly faster. Did the fan know it was Paul up ahead, and planned to shout out "I love Wild Life!" as he passed Paul? Was the fan shocked to see that he was passing Paul McCartney, and spontaneously shouted it out? Or were they both on the "kiddie slope" and it was all just a casual comment, as the both fearfully tried to avoid falling down?

23. Thrillington

Once you consider the fact skiers tend to wear goggles, hats etc it’s a miracle he recognised him at all!

24. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

As noted in my earlier post the album in question was Ram so I imagine they bumped into each other. ;)

25. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

The acoustics can be weird and echoey at snowy mountains too.
    The person probably said, “Reform the band, Paul!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.