Paul McCartney Archive Collection Poll: What's Next???

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wingsfan2012, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Give me the Wings Wild Life Baby!! ;)

JDeanB likes this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No particular reason, either yes or no. The whole Archive series is just extremely slow. Thus even if Red Rose Speedway is in the pipeline, it likely will not be released until late 2018 or even 2019. So I didn't want you, or anyone, to feel that there was an imminent upcoming release. If you have followed the history of the Archive series, "Coming Soon" usually means a wait of a year and a half.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  3. Psychedelic Good Trip

A bummer indeed.:confused::mad::rolleyes::realmad:

4. Arnold Grove

However, if Paul's new album keeps getting delayed, then they may wish to sneak in an Archive release earlier than planned. It's a long shot, but it is a possibility. It really depends on the status of his new album---which we don't really know enough about accurately.

5. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I voted Red Rose Speedway because-flawed as it might be-there is a certain vibethat makes me connect with it. Plus plenty of good unreleased songs.

6. Psychedelic Good Trip

I'll take a Red Rose box any day.

GAW Jr. likes this.
  7. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Paul McCartney Archive Collection Poll: What's Next???
    Disappointment.

8. TimM

TimM Senior Member

Well, clearly most fans want the remaining albums from the Wings era, so this makes me confident we will get something else.:angel:

sunking101 likes this.
  9. Arnold Grove

At least they are consistent ...:hide:

ZippyPippy and forthlin like this.
  10. Psychedelic Good Trip

11. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

London Town. Wings second best album after BOTR.

sunking101 and Deano6 like this.
  12. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I'll reiterate my post from back in September...

Unless the move to Capitol has completely corrected the commitment to completeness, I expect next will be Flaming Pie.

Mumbojunk likes this.
  13. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

mrjinks, Sean and Oyster Boy like this.
  15. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

No I didn't. Thanks for the info. Only been an SF member since September last year so not street wise yet.

16. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

After a long wait....
    ....London Town arrives!

17. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

Really? No....... You're being hopeful. As long as BTTE is coupled with I'll be happy!

18. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

So no official word huh? Personally I love this series. Are they perfect? Perhaps not, but as a big McCartney fan I love them. I finally got McCartney II this week from Amazon for under $45 to round out my collection. (I don't have the book version of "Band On The Run" but I have the two disc/one DVD set and the 25th Anniversary set so I have the disc content).

[​IMG]

19. mtjepson

mtjepson Forum Resident

At least it's a quicker pace than the Bee Gees deluxe reissues ;)

20. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

At this point I would rather Macca release another archive then another new album. He's my favorite artist, don't get me wrong, but he ended great with new - and honestly I don't see a need for another fresh piece of solo work. As a relatively young person, these archive releases have opened me up to his earlier music, and these re-releases have transitioned me from a die hard Eminem (yes the rapper) fan to a Paul McCartney near-completest. Yes, that is a huge gap, but I realized there was more to music than rapping, which is a very vocalized form of art. With these archive releases, I am able to listen to intricate details within the recordings that otherwise don't exist with the '93 remasters or before.

Sorry for rambling, but my favorite album is London Town that hasn't been archived. Either that or Flaming Pie, which I would love to see receive the archive treatment over this new album supposedly coming out. Reviving his work for a younger generation to experience (like myself) is more important, I feel, than attempting to create more studio work at his age. However, if he enjoys it - that's all that matters.

Unfortunately, I hate to say it - we probably won't see many more archive releases until he retires fully and gives his publishing rights to his team or something (i'm not completely educated on this type of remastering-vocabulary) or, god forbids, he passes away.

Ken.e., Blimpboy and Oyster Boy like this.
  21. backtothe90s

backtothe90s Member

back to the egg has some of its songs removed on spotify, grayed out, weird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.