Paul McCartney new track Oct, Nov 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wiserforthetime, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

First impression after listening to the complete song:
    Nice arrangement and catchy melody. Imagine "Hope For The Future" sung with the voice heard on the beginning of "Early Days". I really hope that McCartney's vocals on the next album won't be another step down from "New".

2. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

In the blink of an eye, many songs have been sung, many lives have gone by..

We will not give up, we will hold on to love, with no reason to cry...

3. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

After a few listens, I'm very glad Paul's vocals sound so natural and in a key that suits his voice now. No doubletrack vocals or anything to change the sound of his natural voice such as on songs like on All Day or I Can Bet. I cannot wait to get a download of the full version so I can hear the other lyrics. Maybe we can get a version stripped of all the orchestral arrangements?

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  4. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Also, the opening parts sort of sound like "I Do" from Driving Rain to me. Any other people who can recognize chords by ear can confirm this?

5. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident Thread Starter

No
    One of my favorites by any means but I like it and I listen to it every time I play Driving Rain, Freedom single or Back In The U.S.

Skywheel and SixOClockBoos like this.
  6. paulmccartneyistheman

Well guys, thanks for all your help tonight...

I've got to get to work at 7am tomorrow so I hope I can listen to it on my way[to work]!

I'll give more thoughts once I hear the whole thing, but I'm impressed so far

7. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Yes, so much less hostility in this thread. :)

theMess and EVOLVIST like this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Where is everybody hearing it? Been looking all night, no luck

9. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

It's on iTunes in several European countries.

10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

If you have iTunes, change your country (bottom of home page) to U.K., then search and you can hear a 90-second clip.

theMess likes this.
  11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yeah, I'm away from home and my iPad and iPhone don't give me a menu to change countries. I have done it many times with my Computer at home though. No luck with my apple devices

12. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

This is as "2016 Paul McCartney soundtrack song" as you can get. :)

It's "We All Stand Together", "Hope For the Future" and "(I Want To) Come Home" in a blender.

And that may not be a bad thing.

He is making an honest presentation of his voice, which does, unfortunately, sound like it recently has (but I'll take it).

13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Anyone have an MP3. I pre ordered the soundtrack but I can get my iPod to change countries in iTunes

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Or a link

15. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

. In The Blink Of An Eye Paul McCartney Written and Performed by Paul McCartney String Arrangement by Carl Davis
    Executive Production by Paul McCartney Produced by Chris Egan

Recorded by Steve Orchard, Eddie Klein, Keith Smith, and Jamie Kirkham at Hog Hill Mill, Sussex
    Paul McCartney: Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Bass, Piano, Harpsichord and Synths

Orchestra arranged by Chris Egan and recorded by Matt Bartram at Angel Studios, London
    Engineered by Matt Bartram
    Assistant engineer Jeremy Murphy

Additional programming by James Howe
    Mixed by Trystan Francis at Chris Egan Music Published by MPL Communications, Inc. (ASCAP) P2016 MPL Communications, Ltd.

16. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Raymond Briggs, Camilla Deakin, and myself met up with Paul McCartney in his Soho office on May 14th 2014. I had suggested to Raymond that he might write a letter to Paul to see if he was interested in composing a song for our Ethel and Ernest film. Raymond’s book ‘Fungus the Bogeyman’ had influenced Paul’s track Bogey Music on his 1980 album McCartney II. So that connection, and Paul’s well known love of animation, encouraged us to believe that he might be interested. We were thrilled when he said he was.

At the meeting he produced a CD of some music that he had been working on. One track was entitled Mum and Dad. This track eventually became In The Blink Of An Eye which we have used over the end credits. Raymond and Paul found many connections as they chatted. They had both been grammar school boys, and their fathers were both auxiliary firemen in World War 2. We talked about Paul’s father being a band leader, and how he composed a piece of music that Paul later recorded. The track is called ‘Walking in the Park with Eloise’ and we suggested to him that it would be really nice to have it in the film.

We had a chat about the style of Ethel and Ernest. I said it would be hand drawn animation but there would be 3D elements in it for vehicles, planes, and the mangle that Ethel uses for washing. We showed him some of the artwork for the film. He stopped at a picture of the

mangle in the scullery and recalled how he and his brother used to try and feed old 78rpm records through the rollers to see if they could get them through without breaking. He laughed and added, “we couldn’t!”.

Fast forward two years and as we neared completion of the film we made contact with Paul’s office again. By this time Carl Davis was on board and by coincidence rather than design this proved to be an excellent opportunity to revive a collaboration that had begun twenty five years previously. In 1991 the first performance of Paul McCartney’s Liverpool Oratorio was conducted by Carl Davis in Liverpool Cathedral. Carl and Paul had collaborated on the oratorio to celebrate the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra’s 150th anniversary. Now in 2016 Paul and Carl met up again to work on the string arrangement of the Mum and Dad theme. Paul was touring in 2016, playing to sold out stadiums in the US and Europe, but in July he had a small window in his busy schedule. He wrote and performed some lyrics, recording them at his Hog Hill Mill studio in Sussex. The string arrangement was conducted by Carl and performed by the Chamber Orchestra of London. It was recorded at Angel studios under the musical direction of Chris Egan.

Roger Mainwood, Director

17. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

The Mum and Dad theme was composed in 2013 , at first for a classical project that Paul worked and still works on. This is the instrumental part of the song. This year , Paul wrote the chorus and used a fragment of an old unreleased song from the eighties called kiss me now for the verses . So Kiss me now was used for Hope for the future and for a blink of a eye . Strange , because the original complete song was pretty good in its original condition If you take the verses of blink , add the bridge of hope for the future and imagine a chorus with the the words kiss me now, you have the song in its original form from 1984, produced by George Martin. And the song is better than the 2 new songs ... Mystery

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  18. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

Walking In The Park With Eloise Carl Davis

Arranged by Carl Davis, Performed by The Chamber

Orchestra Of London, Score produced by Chris Egan,

Score mixed by Trystan Francis, Score recorded

by Steve Price, Music edited by James Howe,

Pro Tools operated by Jeremy Murphy, Streamed

by Briony Allen, Music Preparation by Jill Streater,

Librarian: Ann Barnard, Assistant Librarian: Rose

Saunders, Music Production Services: Chris Egan

Music, Orchestral Conductor: Gareth Griffiths,

Music Administrator: Peter Hall

Music by James McCartney

Published by MPL Communications, Inc. (ASCAP)

P2016 Ethel & Ernest Productions Limited, under exclusive license to Decca, a division of Universal Music Operations Limited

19. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

PS : for the new album, Paul is working hard on it . All the songs will be finished for late november , and the mixing will occur in January and february , with some orchestra sessions planned late december . 26 songs are or will be finished for the project . No title yet, no date too . No more infos for the flowers box set, sorry, except that that we will have the 5 songs ( the 4 plus so like candy ) produced by Elvis costello from the 1988 Jan Feb sessions, so in their original rough forms , which are said to be very interesting

Mamunia, gswan, Johnny Reb and 24 others like this.
  20. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thank you for all of the great updates, we all really appreciate them! :righton:

Johnny Reb, Tord, forthlin and 6 others like this.
  21. JAMES A KELEMAN

JAMES A KELEMAN Forum Resident

So basically new album next year...that's awesome!

JDeanB, JLGB, Yorick and 1 other person like this.
  22. paulmccartneyistheman

You're the greatest! 26 songs?! That's awesome.

JDeanB, SixOClockBoos, JLGB and 2 others like this.
  23. paulmccartneyistheman

Still no US release of INBOAE. Hopefully it will come, I would love to hear the whole thing!

24. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I'm reminded of my early days on SHMF when I thought for a while that you were actually Paul McCartney under cover.....

25. joeortonjr

joeortonjr Forum Resident

Still no Canadian iTunes release. Oh how I hate the modern music industry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.