Paul McCartney Ram Mono Cd

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

I've been doing the same thing for probably 15 years. One day I'll actually find the mono version.

The mono CD-R that is floating around is quite good, and is a must-hear for fans of RAM. It's a bit noisy but the mix is great.

Chris

2. mmerone

mmerone Senior Member

Picked up a copy of the CD-R. I guess I was expecting some "White Album" type difference, but it's O.K. My copy has some annoying dropouts during
    Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey & Smile Away. It might be a an over sensitive stylus on a less than perfect pressing. Are they all like that, or am I just lucky? I have to admit the packaging is first rate.

3. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Mine is like that too.

4. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

This is the original Japan issue, came out about two years ago. Nice needle drop, with the "Brung to Ewe By" bonus cuts. I'm quite sure all the other versions were made from this. This was a hard one to track down.

What I think is cool is the almost believeable Apple label!

Attached Files:

5. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

It was hard to track down because only one dealer had it for sale. As stated previously, a well known Beatles dealer had these pressed up in Japan, shipped back to him and then offered them for sale to his customers. This person has also produced some very nice Wings and Harrison live discs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.