Paul McCartney - The Official "Memory Almost Full" Album Thread (part 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

I'm pretty sure that George was only talking about his Beatle songs, he has said the early ones were pretty weak, and that his later solo stuff was better, and, IMHO, he was right. John has also said that his solo stuff was much better, and the Beatles stuff was childish and such, but then he has come back and said just the opposite. In the last interviews, John died he seemed to be at peace with his Beatle and solo material.

2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

memory almost full

Great interview Claudio!!!!! Great job. Can't stop listening to the album. Quite fantastic!

3. Harry Krishner

Harry Krishner Forum Resident

awesome stuff Claudio!

4. bob2935

bob2935 Active Member

I agree; excellent interview! I am trying to collect them as they happen.

About buying the album at Starbuck's, I used to love music stores as a kid but now I can't stand them anymore. They beat me with rap and hip-hop noise way too loud for browsing and on the rare occasion I find something I might actually want to buy, it's way over priced. Also, it seems like an interesting idea to go into a coffee shop to buy a CD. Of course, I can't stand the smell of Starbuck's coffee so I'll probably send my girlfriend in to get it. Finally, I hope the CD doesn't smell like coffee.
    Bob.

5. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

LOL
    It's true.
    Please, I want to be their public relations.
    Monday was yesterday, 21st.
    So 23 according to my callendar is still wednesday...:D

6. Claudio Dirani

thanks, sorry for the likely grammar mistakes and typos.
    I hope to get them right and correct them as soon as possible...

7. Dr. Pepper

Claudio, you have been positive, informational, friendly, heart felt, honest, and fiercely loyal! I have been impressed, and this great interview is just the capper! You rock Claudio, even if some think Paul doesn't!:goodie: :winkgrin: :wave: :righton: :p :) ;) :D :agree: :laugh: :edthumbs:

8. Claudio Dirani

Oh, I'm blushed. :)
    Do I deserve those praises? Well, if you say so, I thank you very much, they are very appreciated!
    You know, I'm really glad to have found this place to chat and share all things about music and all things Macca too. It's been a pleasure to contribute.
    Thanks again.

9. Dr. Pepper

Through the Mirror Backwards

I've been thinking about the iTunes release of the McCartney albums. I really don't think they should be done in one shot. I think his albums should be released in pairs, oldest and newest, then the next pair. This makes for some fun pairings.

Chaos would be first paired with McCartney, both one man tour-de-forces!
    Driving Rain and Ram
    Run Devil Run and Wildlife
    Flaming Pie and Red Rose Speedway
    Off The Ground and Band on The Run
    Flowers in the Dirt and Venus and Mars
    Press to Play and Speed of Sound
    Wings over America by itself
    Broadstreet and London Town
    Pipes of Peace and Back to The Egg
    Tug of War and McCartney II

10. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Folks I'm sorry, it's rather hard to go through all 3000 pages of numerous MAF threads - where did you heard the whole album?:help:

11. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Some people as reviewers have advance copies, some people know the whole album has been leaked.

12. JLGB

JLGB Senior Member

:righton: :righton: :righton:

13. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I don't know how or why Starbucks is making their release date decisions, although I would imagine it is most likely to go along with what the industry date is. They could release it earlier, but only Starbucks locations would put it out on something other than a Tuesday; the other music retailers put all the stuff out on the same day. Since Starbucks has made it very clear that they are not trying to get an exclusive and don't want to shut out all of the other retailers, they probably wouldn't want to put the CD out before the other retailers would.

One sort of funny or interesting story about release dates involves a band I worked with. While they had a pretty big following, they were gearing up to release their first full album on CD themselves, through their website, etc. I was part of a team working with the band's marketing, website, etc. Once we found out when the CD would be ready to go, we made plans to make it available to buy as soon as it was available. But one member of the band insisted that we not put it up for sale until a Tuesday, since that is the industry day for releases. We argued back and forth, noting that the fans would not be fooled into thinking this was a major-label release simply because we were keeping them from buying it until the first Tuesday after we had the CD's on hand. (Keep in mind, the band were not at this stage trying to get the CD into a single store.) The band member insisted he wasn't trying to give this impression, but couldn't give any reason to make the release date a Tueday other than that the band would seem more important and part of the industry if they stuck to a Tuesday. I think we finally relented or compromised where we started sending CD's out as soon they were available, but appeased the band member by making whatever date the Tuesday was the "official release date", with the fans being "lucky" enough to be able to buy it before the release date! :)

14. Wollensack

Wollensack Beatles maniac

Great interview, Claudio!

15. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

You've done us all proud Claudio!! Please don't apologize for your English either (it's far better than most). You asked some great questions and in doing so, got a great interview with David. And you're right, he seems to be a very nice man. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Ron

16. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

Go old school and wait another 15 days. I still want the experience of going in on the released date. Don't ask me why. Oh, I know. It's a nostalgic thing from my youth.

17. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Hmmmmm -- "your pets"? The "Mister Bellamy" debate lives! ;)

18. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'm with you, Chief. A new album - artwork and all - is an experience. These days we don't get enough of them, so I treasure each new album. Hearing it before release date is like finding your Christmas presents a couple of days early.

19. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Definitely wait for the release. I just downloaded Ever Present Past from iTunes (which admittedly still isn't full fidelity) and the difference between that and the M4A files is huge - there's so many neat things in that song. It's obvious that a lot of sound is missing on the preview. I appreciate getting to hear it in advance but I'm anxiously awaiting the release date to hear it properly.

20. Dr. Pepper

I was wondering about this, how high of quality are itunes downloads? How close are they to CD quality?

21. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Claudio -- GREAT interview with David Kahne! Thanks for sharing!

22. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Not close but WAY better than the M4As and other previews making the rounds. Are you on iTunes? If so give it a shot for .$99.

23. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I'm old school, too. I don't think it's nostalgia - I don't like all this newfangled download business.

"It ain't natural, or so old Clayt would say. You see he's a horse-drawn man, until his dying day." (Elton John-Bernie Taupin, Country Comfort)

24. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

I'm not old school but I do need the hard copy and like getting the CD on release day. I downloaded EPP because I wanted to see how much is missing from those preview files. A lost of sound is missing, that's the main point. Wait for the CD.

25. kensc1nj

kensc1nj Forum Resident

I'll be there on the 5th but have been listening for a week or so now. What if I get run over by a street car before the release date?

I listened to Ebony and Ivory (eek - 25 years ago) for weeks from a cassette taped of AM until the single was available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.