Paul McCartney Tour is it worth $500 a pop

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member Thread Starter

Paul McCartney's first USA tour is about to start.Rumours have it to get a seat where you can see th ex-beatle up close will top $500.is only one beatle worth that much to see.if it's $500 regular price then the ticket brokers will charge up to $2000.i'm sorry but unless you have money to burn i will just remember seeing him in 1976 with wings-that was enough for me.

2. Andy

Andy New Member

If it was a good show why not? The problem is if you think the show sucked they wouldn't be offering any refunds.

3. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

Let me bank-roll it?

Maybe I'm Amazed because that's High, High, High$$$:eek:

4. Andy

Andy New Member

You could get a nice hotel room for a night a week in a crappy motel a good bottle of Port 1/6 of a Rolex 1/2 a pair of speaker cables. $500 just doesn't go that far any more.

5. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Re: Let me bank-roll it?

Outstanding! LOL :D

6. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

Listen to what the man said...if there's a Rock Show that's Getting Closer we will hear some Silly Love Songs. With a Little Luck we'll board a Jet or take Helen('s) Wheels to Londontown to watch the Band On The Run.

I've Had Enough of this nonsense, My Love...

P.S.
    Sally G sez Hi,Hi,Hi

7. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Give that man a break! He is on The Long And Winding Road to save enough money to Get Back from Jacko the rights to the Beatles songs. ;)

8. Andy

Andy New Member

It seems unlikely that he'll ever regain control of the Beatles catalog.

9. Paul Chang

Only if he has the cure for Jacko's nose. :D

10. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

With prices like that for concerts, They actually wonder WHY people buy and trade live bootlegs....AMAZING !!!!!

11. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

well, Paul may be the only performer actually worth it to pay big $ to see. If Bocelli can get that much, I don't see why Macca can't...but then again, Sir Mac doesn't have to hire an 80 piece orchestra....
    Driving Rain, again, is his best album in years!

12. Paul Chang

Mr. Mac is no Sir Paul to me for I'm not a subject to the House of Windsor. :D

13. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

If you pay over $50 to see McCartney live (or anyone else for that matter) you become part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Many people saw the Beatles for less than $10 back in the day. I love Sir Paul, but I don't agree with the prices someone's asking just to see him on a stage.

Hey Paul, we love you. We'll see you on TV.

14. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I'm with Sckott. I'll stay at home with my records, CDs and videos of Mr. McCartney, thank you very much ...

I saw him back in '90, and I overpaid then for VERY bad seats. Never again ...

15. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

...gotta get a belly full of wine

I guess that little ditty McCartney did for Her Majesty must have paid off. ;)

16. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

I agree with Sckott. If we continue pay these outragous ticket prices our kids will end up paying a months wages to see Jagger's ghost dancing to Jumping Jack Flash.

Seriously, although I'm a huge fan, for $500.00 Paul would have to be playing in my living room.

17. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

I paid the then-princely sum of $30 to see him in '90, and had a good time. Certainly not a $500 good time, though.

Ryan

18. RDK

RDK Active Member

Back in 89-90, whenever it was that Paul last came to L.A., I managed to score four pretty decent floor seats from Ticketmaster over the phone. Since my wife and I were in the process of buying our first home at the time and because money was in short supply for us, we sold the four seats for $1600, then bought a pair of cheap seats for about $40 each. We used to joke that McCartney helped pay for the downpayment on our living room. :)

Ray

19. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Sckott's right. $500.00 is outrageous.

I'll just buy the DVD when it comes out. Much cheaper.

20. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

the rumors I've just heard put the price of tix @ $95-185. Certainly not cheap, but not $500 either...the rumor mill also has shows in D.C. 5-1 and First Union Philly 5-3. we'll see how all those dates shake down;)

21. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

..."we sold the four seats for $1600, then bought a pair of cheap seats for about $40 each. "

Capitalism at it's BEST! (or should that be CAPITOL-ism?)

:D

22. RDK

RDK Active Member

Besides, for $500 for a two hour show I want something more than just music if you know what i mean.... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.