Paul McCartney's "Freshen Up" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Jul 3, 2018.

1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

For those who are thinking of going to the Glasgow concert, there will be a SSE Rewards pre-sale on July 11 at 10 AM:

Paul McCartney | Events | Glasgow | The SSE Hydro

By the way, are their tickets usually sent by mail, collected at the venue or printed at home?

theMess likes this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Maybe - but I'm not sure that political controversy is seen as that big a deal overall.

And Macca likes the "claim to modern relevance" that the song gives to him...

JoeRockhead and theMess like this.
  3. trickster

trickster Well-Known Member

Front Row Hot Sound Ticket Experience vs Hot Sound Ticket Experience?

Who has any experience in it? What is the best option?

4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Hot sound tickets are usually Center tickets rows 3-5 sometimes go up to rows 6 or 7. Front row packages are side only

5. 5th-beatle

I've got questions about this "verified fan" ballot system to buy pre-sale tickets:

1) The pre-sale code is sent by SMS, so when you fill out your phone number do you put the "+" in front of the country code (for example, +55) or do you just type the numbers all together without the "+"?

2) Ticketmaster UK will handle the pre-sale, so is it possible to collect tickets at the venue? If not, do they mail overseas? Or is print-at-home the only option?

6. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I'm going to try and score tickets to the montreal show but i don't know if i will be the lucky chosen ones to participate in the presale...will probably end up having to settle for poor seats or pay someone above face value to get them.

7. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

I am really up for seeing Paul one more time at least..
    Seen several shows since 1976, but now as the years go by.. I'm thinking
    I have not seen him since 2008 and it is time. The past four gigs we did the
    VIP tickets with soundcheck- The best! Doubt I can afford that again, but if logistics work and I am able I need to GO!

foxylady, raphph and theMess like this.
  8. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

Anyone any idea of what the price ranges will be for the UK shows presale, and what they will offer? I'd like to get in a front block, and am wondering what kind of price that will be.

9. Steffen72

Steffen72 Forum Resident

....it appears that Macca will be in Vienna 5 Dec

10. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

11. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

3 prices in the Echo Arena, starting at £89.00, dearest seats are £136.00 so I would say a front block could be that price, I’m going to try in the pre sale on Wednesday.

Mumbojunk likes this.
  12. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Paul tells a story about going to see Bill Haley and he didn't play all the hits or the big hit or whatever and it was disappointing so (apparently traumatized for life) he doesn't want to do that to fans. And yeah, having kept up touring to this age with no new material that significant numbers of ticket buyers give a damn about he's probably correct. Except that I don't think he realizes that many people would consider a chunk of the Wings stuff to be hits, and that ANY Beatles song is considered a kind of "hit" by now.

As for his post-Wings output, well, he has put out an amazing amount of stuff, but sorry hardly anyone cares. I should listen to more of it, but what I have skimmed through occasionally while it might be well regarded from another artist is simply just not as tip-top as Beatles material or Wings hits.

I hope I can get tickets, it's finally time to do this one.* And The Eagles (with Vince Gill!!!!). And take my wife to Fleetwood Mac. Both the latter of which have just like $140 tickets at the way WAY top of The Forum :mad:
    *Almost managed last year, visiting my mom in Chicago and SO wanted to take her...was even going to change my flight...I think no seats except crazy VIP prices :(

Hep Alien likes this.
  13. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

This is a horrible name for a tour, just horrible. Egypt Station is a great name for an album. But the title of the tour just makes me think of a commercial for soap or deodorant.

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Of course, I think Macca has a wee smidgen more "big hits" than Haley! :D

ConnieGuitar and theMess like this.
  15. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

The title of the tour I believe was trying to convince fans who have seen his tour and complain about the set list and set up to come out one more time. No shame in that, but little does he know we are in the minority.

“Egypt Station Tour” would have been different to fans(because he never names tours after albums) and would have gotten him exposure for the album for the casual fan. “Freshen Up” is a waste of a name.

Perian likes this.
  16. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

To me it seems more likely McCartney himself wants to "freshen up" his shopworn setlist a little bit. No doubt there are a dozen particular Beatle songs plus Live and Let Die and Band on the Run that are sure to be held over. But that still leaves half the set for new songs plus "fresher" solo and Wings hits -- there are plenty of well-known ones that aren't so worn out in the set.

17. 5th-beatle

Good catch!

I would guess that there will be a few more concerts in Europe before Vienna (during the last couple of weeks in November), and maybe one more between Vienna and Liverpool (perhaps on December 7th or 8th).

There is also that rumour about Paris being one of those November/December concerts, which seems likely at this point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    theMess likes this.
  18. Syl76

Syl76 Forum Resident

Hope so !

theMess likes this.
  19. 5th-beatle

I believe the man who talked about a concert in Paris by the end of the year is in charge of the arena where it's supposed to happen? If so, it's quite likely. Especially now that it's clear that Paul will indeed tour EU/UK during that period.

20. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

It makes me think of dub reggae...'Freshen Up!!!!' :uhhuh:

theMess likes this.
  21. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Paul's playing the UK. Tickets on sale soon. I'm pretty sure I can't afford it. :cry:
    I'm just hoping he plays next year again at some point. His tours seem to last years so I hope this won't be my last chance to see the mighty Maccacca.

theMess likes this.
  22. jazon

Welp, they said people selected for the presale would get a text this evening and I've got nothing. Boo.

23. 5th-beatle

I believe the SMS code is sent between 2 and 4 hours before the pre-sale begins.

24. jazon

I will still watch out for it but when I registered for the verified fan thing it said this

On the evening of Monday, July 9, you'll receive an email confirming whether you've been verified and whether you've also been selected to participate in the presale.

25. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

I’d like to hear I Call Your Name for John, I Need You for George, and Backseat of My Car