Paul McCartney's "One On One" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Regardless of what anyone says or thinks I bought tickets to take my daughter to see Paul in October. I am going to tell her that she is going to see one of the "Three Beatles" (as she calls them) when we get closer to the show.

2. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Do we have any reason to believe that more US dates will be added between July 25 and Sept 11?

3. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Medium strength rumours that he will turn up with Dave Grohl at Glastonbury on the Saturday..

theMess likes this.
  4. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I've mentioned it to some other father that did this also last year or so, but...
    Not only will they be able to say that they saw a Beatles live and in person, but they will never forget that it was you who took them and shared the experience.
    These kind of great shared experiences and your involvement are usually remembered more warmly than most birthdays etc..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I'm in too then. Just save me room on your floor. I'll bring a sleeping bag and I don't even need a pillow. Thanks for the offer! ;)

6. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Summer in the Hamptons:cool:

7. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

Just picked up presale lawn tickets for the Tinley Park date ($50ish apiece). Hoping to grab actual seats on general sale and then sell the lawn tix to friends, but if not, it's good backup :cheers:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  8. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I would love to see him July 10 in Tampa - good seats are $544 (for one) - for a family of four - forget it! The rest of the seats far away are a little over a hundred. If you sit far away and watch him on the giant TV screens - you might as well stay home and put on a Paulie DVD - you'll be much more comfortable. Sorry Sir Paul - I'd love to see ya and breathe the same air as you there but you're too expensive for my wallet.

letmerollit and davesmoked like this.
  9. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Wow could not agree more. This is the sit down and rest your legs part of the set as well as Hey Jude.

ted321 likes this.
  10. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

I'm pretty sure he hummed it a few times at the Tokyo Narcotics Detention Center in early 1980.

vitorbastos123 and theMess like this.
  11. Seeing him play A Day in the Life at Desert trip with Neil Young jamming on the song is one of the happiest moments of my life.

It's PAUL MCCARTNEY. Go see him, he won't be around forever.

12. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

All the same old reasons that have been given for years and years and years, no wonder the man just keeps repeating himself live!

So very disappointing!

13. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

When McCartney changes his setlist, I'll change!

14. Glenn Christense

Somehow, I don't foresee any changes from Paul OR you then. :D

15. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

According to setlist.fm, this is the first time he's done Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Pepper (Reprise) on this One on One tour (vs 41 times of A Hard Day's Night). The second time he's done I Wanna Be Your Man.

theMess and piepants like this.
  16. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Maybe the first time he's done them on this tour, but he's already done them on other tours!

Why not perform something totally different, he's got the material?!

ted321 likes this.
  17. Glenn Christense

You know, 50 bucks is an amazing deal to see/hear a McCartney concert.

So what if you are way in the back?
    You know what he looks like and it's not like he's doing any big stage bits or anything . The music is going to sound as good, and maybe better than a $500
    seat.

Brendan K, Johnny Reb and theMess like this.
  18. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Disapointed that Paul is coming to the West Coast this year. Right when I have a car, income and have the ability to skip my college classes if necessary, he chooses not to come around these parts...

19. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Likewise! And 'Why Don't We Do It In The Road?'
    I'm so happy I'm getting to see him again this time on my return trip to the USA. I'm only there for two weeks and had one free night in Austin. Changed plans and will now be seeing a Paul in Miami!!

theMess likes this.
  20. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

Got my tickets!

21. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Why 3? I would get one of 4 Beatles or one of 2 living Beatles.

22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The young daughter is a big fan of "I Me Mine", done by The Threetles. ;)

23. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I honestly think she gets her Beatles and Stooges mixed-up, but she loves the music of the "Three Beatles" and laughs at "Larry, Moe and Shirley" so I'll take it!

susyredstripe and Zeki like this.
  24. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

I found it interesting that he chose the Tinley Park venue, which seats 28,000 (and is actually quite tiny) , over something like Soldier Field (which seats 60,000+) which he could easily sell out.

The seat tiers start at $43 plus fees for lawn seats, and then go up in increments of $53 (obstructed or side 200 views). $83 (back of 200 sections), $133 (front of 200s side sections, back of 100s sides), $207 (front of center 200s and middle of side 100s) and $279 (front of 100s).

I was honestly surprised they weren't more expensive, especially given the smaller venue.

Overall, I'm super excited and it'll be my second McCartney show (the first being 2015 at Lollapalooza).

25. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

theMess, ConnieGuitar and RayS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.