Paul McCartney's "One On One" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

theMess and Paulwalrus like this.
  2. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Funnily, Paul seems to be more popular over here now than in the 90's. He came the first time in 93 and it wasn't sold out.

theMess likes this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

They thought he was Ringo back in 1993. But over the years they finally realized who Paul really was... ;)

4. 5th-beatle

In the past few years, Paul would often start touring in April/May, with the first concerts being announced in early March. Perhaps this time he'll start a bit later, once he's done recording/mixing the new album?

It seems reasonable to expect that it will be released before September, so hopefully those concerts (if confirmed) will include songs from the upcoming album.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  5. 5th-beatle

Here is the latest press article from Chile. I'll translate just a few more relevant passages, as it's quite long:

Negocian el regreso de Paul McCartney al Nacional

"Today, several South American producers are exploring the option of the former Beatle returning to the South with a more extensive tour than usual, something like a definitive tour before the retirement. According to different sources in the industry, the negotiations are centered around Argentina and from there they are being projected to other markets, including Uruguay, Brazil and Chile".

"In the local case, one of the producers with better odds plans the landing of the singer in the Estadio Nacional, in a tentative period that goes from the last week of September to the first half of October".

"In the Latin case, the country that so far has shed more light of a possible show of the former Beatle in 2018 is Uruguay. According to the newspaper El País of that nation, there are ongoing steps for his next South American tour".

6. Arnold Grove

^^^In related news, Paul has been offered ownership of the actual country of Uruguay in return for a week's worth of concerts there. ;)

7. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Bite your tongue! :)

8. 5th-beatle

I hope not, but that's what the article says.

I doubt he will tour all those countries mentioned in the articlet at once, as he did 3 concerts in Argentina in 2016 and 4 concerts in Brazil in 2017.

The standard procedure would be to return to places like Uruguay, Chile, Peru (last concerts were in 2014) and/or maybe Colombia and Paraguay (last concerts were in 2012), but if he ends up doing something that qualifies as a "more extensive tour than usual", that would fuel the speculation of a final tour.

Even if it's his final tour in South America, I doubt he will announce it as such. He doesn't need that gimmick in order to sell tickets.

theMess, BeatlesBop and RayS like this.
  9. paolo

paolo Senior Member

Paul will come back to Australia in 2018 having had such an awesome time in 2017.

To commemorate the visit, the next release in the Archive series will be a 16 disc appreciation of Ode To A Koala Bear. The alternative “Australian” mix of the song has long been a “holy grail” of sorts for McCartney fans and will be offered as a download-only bonus track in high fidelity 128kbps mp3 format to which no dynamic limiting has been applied.

10. supersquonk

supersquonk Forum Resident

I'd love to see McCartney take a break from the on-going stadium hit tour and do a smaller tour of newer and/or more obscure material. He could then tailor the set to better suit his current voice. His stadium show is great, but I've seen it a few times now.

nowhereman87 likes this.
  11. 5th-beatle

That would be great. He did a mini-tour of European clubs back in 1991 and it must have been quite an experience for those who were there.

He will probably do a series of concerts in the US and Canada during the summer (as he does every year) before the rumored ones in September/October.

theMess and nowhereman87 like this.
  12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Those Japanese bootleggers did it again!!! This time Deluth and Tampa Bay with soundchecks and soundboard like the MSG and Japan shows before them. Also with blu-Rays or dvd's of the shows (not sure). Very expensive sets but they should eventually wind up in trading circles or cheap knock offs. Both from last year

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  13. 5th-beatle

It seems that promoters in Argentina are trying very hard to secure McCartney concerts between October and November.

If they succeed, my bet would be the River Plate stadium in Buenos Aires, as the last time he played there was in November 2010. He can easily sell out two nights in that venue, as it's a quite lucrative market.

goat65cars likes this.
  14. 5th-beatle

theMess likes this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Well, send the contracts to me and I will sign them. Let's get this thing done already ... ;)

theMess, FKA002, 5th-beatle and 3 others like this.
  16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, we will see him this year. You have time to save your money up

18. MsMaclen

MsMaclen Forum Resident

Paul was just announced as a headliner at ACL in October! Tour announcement incoming??

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Davido likes this.
  19. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Interesting. The wording on Paul's website for the announcement states it will be the: "only North American festival appearances by both Paul McCartney and Metallica". Obviously, he can add regular concerts, but if you were holding out hope he might be at a US festival near you, you might wanna think twice...

theMess likes this.
  20. 5th-beatle

21. dcshark

dcshark Forum Resident

Nice to see there is one confirmed date for 2018. Hoping for some Canadian dates.

22. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I was hoping it would be the "only North American festival appearance by Paul McCartney and Metallica".

Let them appear each appear at festivals where the other is not.... :magoo:

theMess, mrjinks and Davido like this.
  23. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

It would be nice to see it confirmed that he will be touring in support of a new album this fall.... :waiting:

theMess, Tord, mrjinks and 1 other person like this.
  24. bward

bward Senior Member

Maybe all those people will be promised a copy of the new album. :)

susyredstripe likes this.
  25. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Paul will just have to sing his favourite songs from the White Album, to celebrate its 50th anniversary. Fine by me. And skip Live and Let Die please.

Elliottmarx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.