Paul Weller Vinyl Reissues of S/T and Wild Wood-November 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jon9091, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean R

Dean R Forum Resident

Or at least use the vinyl master

e.s., Funi and Jim B. like this.
  2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

OK... just played my 1993 original and it does sound great. I also examined it closer, OBI, poster, mailing card. But the £5? I've been wondering what you guys were on about. Until I really looked closer. Jesus... there it was. How do you guys actually see stuff like that? I mean... you simply can't be looking into every pocket holding a record? Anyway: Good job, thanx:righton:

Jim B. and mrjinks like this.
  3. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

My copies of Paul Weller S/T and Wildwood arrived today in the mail, very happy after a first spin.
    Yes, the colours of the jackets are a bit dull, they must have scanned some rather faded originals, but my pressings are great.
    They are definitely made at Optimal in Germany. Boy, I can't wait for the next two, glad it won't be too long!

mrjinks and e.s. like this.
  4. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Still waiting for mine; I refuse to pay close to 50$ for a run-of-the-mill re-release, so I guess I'll have to wait an extra few weeks....

5. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

6. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I was SOOO tempted with that one - especially when they were doing free shipping in December, but I just couldn't bite the bullet. Honestly, part of what first attracted me to Weller was the artwork on his solo stuff, which I heard long before Jam/Style Council. I used to live in Seattle, work downtown, and have to kill an hour during lunch every day. I'd frequently check out Borders' huge music section, and I literally remember looking at some of the import singles they had of his and wondering "who the hell is this guy?" Then I'd note things like his cover of Sexy Sadie and, being the Beatle nut I am, became ever more curious, until I finally snapped up a used copy of Stanley Road at a record convention one Sunday afternoon. When I flipped open the cover and saw the takeoff on Abbey Road, I thought "ENOUGH" - gotta find out more about this guy. Love of the music followed.

heavysoulbrutha and heliocentric like this.
  8. heavysoulbrutha

heavysoulbrutha Forum Resident

I got a chance to ask Paul about the inner 5 pound note on the radio back in '94. Here's an audio clip, if anyone's interested. My question is the second one.

Paul Weller - Modern Rock Live 1994

jon9091, jmatuchi, meandafoe and 2 others like this.
  9. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

10. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I just may have to order the S/T from Canada, as none of the US retailers have even a release date for it yet.
    Thought they all still have 2/24 for Stanley Road.

11. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Yea, what's up with Paul Weller releases in the US, seems like they don't care, or not worth the effort to release his vinyl here. :shrug:

12. mrjinks

Well, that accurately reflects his popularity here...

13. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

I bought both from that shop someone here posted from canada. Northern Music or something like that can't remember. 22.00 us dollars each and came really fast and perfectly packaged. S/T like all say the cover is faded and crap but the pressing sounds good. Wild Wood sounds great to me but I never had the vinyl so I am glad to have it. My Stanley Road pre order according to Amazon US is still slated to arrive next week. I did not order Hvy Soul as I have two copies of the original vinyl on that one.

14. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Yeah, it's kind of amazing how someone so popular in the UK, Europe, and Japan has almost no audience in the U.S.

15. jmatuchi

jmatuchi Forum Resident

I still have not gotten Wild Wood from Amazon Canada. This is getting silly now.

Defrance likes this.
  16. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

The same here in the Netherlands....

17. jmatuchi

jmatuchi Forum Resident

Well, this is a first:
    Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:

Weller, Paul "Wild Wood (Vinyl)"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it's not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We must apologize also for the length of time it's taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we'd still hoped to obtain this item for you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

18. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality Thread Starter

Jeez...that's lame. How much to get it from Amazon.fr ?

19. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

Finally played both the self titled album and Wildwood albums.
    I'm happy with the sound of the self titled album but cannot compare it with the original release as I don't have it.
    I'm quite disappointed with Wildwood as it shares the same muddy sound as the original cd and the deluxe remaster.
    Again, I do not have an original copy to compare it with. I do not know what the source was for either album.

Unless you are a completist I would not bother with Wildwood but by call means pick up the Self titled album if you can find it at a reasonable price.

20. John D.

John D. Senior Member

This is not looking good for anyone in North America or Canada. My amazon.us pre-order for Stanley Road appears to be on schedule for Feb. 24
    My pre-order for Wild Wood vinyl still says they need more time for a delivery date. The Paul Weller S/T vinyl is still listed as unavailable.
    I am starting to get the same sinking feeling as you, regarding this vinyl re-issue situation. :(

21. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I ordered it from your link. Thanks for posting.

Amazon.ca cancelled my order sadly, this was my most economical option and I'm glad to support a local independent business. I'm sure I'll be ordering more from them in the future as an alternative to Amazon.

DeRosa likes this.
  22. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I got the same message :confused: not sure how smaller retailers can obtain it but Amazon can't.

23. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Yeah, it's really strange.

I ordered both the S/T and Wildwood from Amazon way back when the listings first went up, sometime in September or October.
    Then i read about the delay, even that those two were cancelled, on the SuperDeluxeEdition.com website, so i cancelled my Amazon.ca pre-order.

In November we saw the FaceBook update on Paul Weller's page with new dates saying they're coming Jan 10. I contacted my on-line local retailer,
    asked him to order the copies for me. He said the dates weren't firm, but he would try. On January 22nd, he contacted me to say he got
    a copy of the S/T, and then on Jan 31 Wildwood arrived and he shipped those out to me.

Obviously some copies got pressed, but it makes you wonder if there was some production issue that limited how many have made it out to the
    distributors.

I ordered from here, still showing one copy of the S/T in stock in Canada.
    Paul Weller (Vinyl LP Record)

Ken.e. likes this.
  24. mrjinks

Thankfully I never cancelled my amazon.uk order - got em both cheap, without any hassle (other than the delay)...

jon9091 likes this.
  25. jmatuchi

jmatuchi Forum Resident

I'll be taking my business to "Northern Volume" or my local retailer going forward.

Ken.e. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.