Paul Weller Vinyl Reissues of S/T and Wild Wood-November 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jon9091, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

thats where I got my copies. shipped really fast and well packaged and great price.

Ken.e. likes this.
  2. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

just got a notice from Amazon US that Stanley Road has shipped. Yes.

DeRosa and landerstnkb like this.
  3. landerstnkb

landerstnkb Forum Resident

My Amazon account still says "pre-ordered" with an arrival date of 2/24. WTH!!!

4. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Lucky. My "arrival" date is March 4.

landerstnkb likes this.
  5. landerstnkb

I think Amazon US is clueless when it comes to Weller. I will be shocked and amazed if they ever even ship these albums.

6. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Why would you think it has anything to do with Amazon? They're in the business of selling the items they're offered and they list product based on what they expect to receive, so if they're not being shipped, it's more likely a distribution problem than some specific decision not to stock something.

jon9091 likes this.
  7. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

I got my copies of Heavy Soul and Stanley Road last week from Deep Discount (I had them preordered for quite a while), and it doesn't seem that they are even available at that site now.

If this isn't just the weirdest damned re-issue "campaign"...

:shrug:

meandafoe and jon9091 like this.
  8. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality Thread Starter

Did you play them yet?

9. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Played Heavy Soul late last week. The pressing was good (a rare thing for me lately) and the packaging is quite nice.

Sonically? I'll reach for this one over my CD copy, but this isn't a real audiophile marvel to begin with, so...

Being a huge Weller fan, I am certainly glad I picked it up, and I'll be happy if Stanley Road turns out to be as good.

My £0.02...

jon9091 likes this.
  10. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

Yes! Wildwood on vinyl.

11. landerstnkb

Fair point. I had the first album and Wild Wood pre-ordered for months and received notice they were being shipped on the date of release which obviously wasn't true. Personally I wouldn't be shocked if the same thing happens here. It's not a knock on Amazon as I'm a happy past and future customer.

12. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

After getting the self titled record I had no luck with Wild Wood and Amazon.ca. I have myself concerned that I may run into the same issue with the next two.

My Northern Volume shipment arrived today. Incredible! They saved the day.

13. Funi

Funi Forum Resident

14. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

Heavy Soul shipped today via Amazon U.S.

landerstnkb likes this.
  15. landerstnkb

Mine too along with Stanley Road. Both are due to arrive tomorrow.

Ken.e. likes this.
  16. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

So strange that these two are being released here, but the first two weren't.

landerstnkb likes this.
  17. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

I got the first two from Amazon UK. The price was great and shipping cheap. As I said in a previous post his self titled album sounds good but Wildwood has the same problems as the CD. I do not have originals to compare with but do have the CDs.

landerstnkb likes this.
  18. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

Well let's home Amazon.ca CA do the same. Let us know what you think when the arrive.

landerstnkb likes this.
  19. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

They got in another copy of Wildwood if anyone in Canada is still looking to track one down

Paul Weller - Wild Wood (180g Vinyl LP Record)

20. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

I recieved my Stanley Road yesterday, a day early, from Amazon US. Cover looks great, haven't played it yet but will today. My new OCS vinyls took precedence yesterday couldn't stop LoL.

mrjinks and landerstnkb like this.
  21. jmatuchi

jmatuchi Forum Resident

amazon.ca has changed their listing for Stanley Road and HS. Release date now showing March 10. And HS price has gone up $10.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath these will ever arrive.

22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

ccmusic has Stanley and Heavy for about $20 right now, plus they have a 20% coupon (FEB1775) if you spend over $75. They also have notable shipping charges, but if you're getting a bunch of stuff, you can get that "absorbed" if you know what I mean. I bought the new George Harrison box from them, so the Weller vinyl shipped "free" at a cost of about $16/disc...

23. landerstnkb

Stanley Road and Heavy Soul just arrived and I'm currently spinning Stanley Road. I don't have an elaborate system so won't comment on the sound quality except to say SR doesn't sound bad at all to my ears. I've never owened these original albums so I don't know if they are spot on but they are high quality in my opinion.

DeRosa likes this.
  24. Munros1969

Munros1969 Forum Resident

Stanley Road and Heavy Soul arrived from Amazon UK today. Listening to Heavy Soul... great sound, very dynamic. Really enjoyed this album since its release but the CD always sounded a bit flat and dampened to my ears. The vinyl is a big improvement and demands to be played loud.

As was the case with the first two records in this reissue programme I'm sure some fans will take issue with the covers. The print quality and colouring doesn't look that great unfortunately, certainly not to a standard you'd expect for discs costing £31 a pop.

Other than that, very happy to have these in the collection.

landerstnkb and jon9091 like this.
  25. landerstnkb

Was Heavy Soul originally a glossy cover with a paste on track listing on the back like the original deluxe cd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.