Paul Weller Vinyl Reissues of S/T and Wild Wood-November 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jon9091, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defrance

Defrance A Northern Soul

I had the same problem on mine... a cluster of scratches in one spot on the 2nd site. Along with non-fill on The Changingman. Instant exchange at Amazon.ca.

2. dthomas850

dthomas850 Forum Resident

Can anyone comment on the vinyl sound quality of Heavy Soul? I'd like to possibly pick this up, but considering the price it's going for, it would have to sound significantly better than the CD, which actually sounds pretty good to me.

3. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

All of these sound pretty great.

dthomas850 likes this.
  4. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Just received my copy of Stanley Road. Instead of a £5 note this has a Stanley Road cigarette paper box and a stubbed out cigarette printed inside the cover. Odd tic or two but sounds great to me.

5. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

I purchased three of the four reissues ( already had Stanley Road ) and found the first and Heavy Soul to sound the best. To my ears it is better than the CD but if you feel happy with the CD then maybe it's best to leave it at that.

dthomas850 likes this.
  6. jmatuchi

jmatuchi Forum Resident

Thanks for the response, I got the same info from my local shop...and then got quite the rant from them about the way vinyl in general is rolled out. Sounds like quite a screwy process!

He also mentioned the delay could also be due to the fact that PW is on a different label in the US vs. Canada as well. *sigh*

Longing for March 31!

7. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Was just in the U.K. and saw the Weller albums at various shops, over £36 everywhere. Meanwhile his more recent albums, including the brand-new soundtrack album, were all £21 or less. Very weird.

8. matthew2600

matthew2600 Forum Resident

Does anyone know what's up with availability of the first two at this point? I picked up Stanley Road in person the other day since it was $25 but now that I want the first two I'm only finding $40+ kind of prices from overseas sellers. Acoustic Sounds and other US places just say pre-order with no specifics. I thought the Stanley Road pressing was pretty solid overall though.

9. Musiko

Musiko Forum Resident

Got the first 2 from my local store in Montréal around 4 weeks ago. 25$ each.

10. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Not sure what the deal is with these but I've pretty much given up with idea of getting SR & HS in U.K.

11. powissquare

powissquare Forum Resident

Looking at Amazon uk, third party sellers - All Your Music have Stanley Road for £22.06 Heavy Soul for £21.79

Tuck1977 likes this.
  12. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Wow I've just read this, will check it out.

13. jmatuchi

jmatuchi Forum Resident

**facepalm**

Weller,Paul "Stanley Road (Vinyl)"
    Estimated arrival date: May 08, 2017 - May 26, 2017
    Weller,Paul "Heavy Soul (Vinyl)"
    Estimated arrival date: May 08, 2017 - May 26, 2017

14. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

Would be up for these but £35 an album......no way.

noahjld likes this.
  15. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

That pricing almost seems like a strange error that nobody caught and now they're committed to it. Stanley Road and Heavy Soul are in the racks all over the place here, and they're $22 each.

16. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

I'm in with the worst trader in The Netherlands...STILL no vinyl despite promises and information on its website ('will be sent in 7 days'...nah...). Time to order somewhere else!

17. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

This has to be a "record" for the most number of times getting bumped on the schedule.
    It will be ironic if we get A Kind of Revolution before those two, I hadn't even heard there
    was going to be a new album back when the reissues started.

I'm about to cave in and just buy them from the USA.

jmatuchi likes this.
  18. Yovra

I canceled on order for "Paul Weller" and kept my order for "Wild Wood", for what it's worth. Maybe too busy pressing Beatles stuff? ;)

19. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I don't get the problems. Copies were pressed and Diverse Vinyl and others had them weeks ago. Only bought Self Titled and Heavy Soul which I didn't have. May look at other two if prices drop to £20 or less. Maybe they are doing a repress?

20. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

They've been pressed. They exist. Why there's such a distribution problem with them in some areas is a complete mystery.

DeRosa likes this.
  21. Yovra

There are some around, but I STILL refuse to pay 40-50$ for a ''regular" release...

22. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality Thread Starter

I'm ready for Heliocentric and Illumination. Please?

noahjld, btltez and DeRosa like this.
  23. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

Just curious--was it Aux 33 Tours? The last couple of times I was there, I couldn't find a Paul Weller section at all, in either rock or alternative. They had the Jam and Style Council in alternative, but no trace of Weller solo.

24. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Totally get that, just noting it isn't a question of the records being delayed to press time.

25. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

Me too. Especially Heliocentric. I just listened to Illumination last night and to my ears it hadn't aged that well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.