Pauley Parrette Hospitalised/Abby May Go Blond

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JamieC, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

As measured by her "Q" score, TV's popularity ratings. She ranked number one of all primetime stars by this metric in 2011. She's tolerable in small doses, and I think the PTB at NCIS know this when writing for her. I just wish she and McGee would get together finally-they've been dancing around that for years.

2. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Just let her go blonde. A lot of 'Goth' types give it up anyway and go mainstream.

3. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

Same here. I like the characters, but the "unsubs" just got sicker and sicker to the point of nausea.......

Gumboo likes this.
  4. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

The goth look isn't the best for a 45 year old. Leave it to the under 25's.

5. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Frankly, she's my least favourite character on the show. [And why I was very surprised when I learned of her popularity.] If the character was to disappear from the show entirely I wouldn't miss her. The whole pseudo goth/ punk thing plus the child-like aspect of the character's personality plus the fact that apparently [and unconvincingly] the character is suppose to be an expert/ genius in every aspect of anything scientific or to do with IT just annoys me to no end.

A hair style/ colour change and maybe an overhaul of the character's entire fashion sense would be a good excuse for the writers to mature the character and make her more intersting.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Frankly, her character comes across as being mildly retarded- like she suffered some kind of traumatic brain injury at some point.

7. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

this isn't a good look?

[​IMG]

daglesj and Mr. H like this.
  8. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

I should get a wig too! The thought of implants or the comb-over has no appeal. A wig would give me the full head of hair with luxurious texture and smoothness I haven't experienced since I was 19 or so :)

9. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I understand exactly what you mean. IIRC, that part of her character's personality, the naivety child-like aspect, was explained by her back story - she was orphaned as a child and separated from her brother for most of her life. Psychological trauma.

As you probably have noticed all of the characters on the show have 'father issues' [and sometimes 'mommy issues'] and Gibbs is everyone's surrogate father. That really is what almost the entire series is about.

10. Gibbs isn't exactly without issues either...he's had multiple marriages largely due to the fact that his 1st wife and his daughter with that wife were murdered while he was deployed overseas as a Marine...

11. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

This is present in a lot of shows - The Big Bang Theory comes to mind.

Sheldon - father dead, mother is a wingnut
    Leonard - father exists but not on camera, has no influence on Leonard's current life, mother has zero nurturing abilities
    Howard - father dead, mother highly dependant on son
    Raj - father alive, mother alive, both in India

12. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Resembles my ex

13. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

14. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

So did Mandy Patinkin.

15. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

She is a cutie, but yeah, the show has lost me, early on my wife and I watched it a lot. Not so much anymore.

kevintomb likes this.
  16. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

I agree - In the end, she really doesn't do anything that any competent forensics expert wouldn't/couldn't do. But, unfortunately, the powers to be in Hollywood still seem to think that playing (overplaying might be a better word) against type is still oh-so clever and edgy, while in reality it has gone beyond boring and become trite to the nth degree.

17. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Her character is completely
    Hot IMO, so is Zooey on New Girl.

18. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

"Abby May Go Blond" is the perfect name for a '90s alt rock band.

guy incognito likes this.
  19. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

hope she is ok! let her go blonde it would be a nice change ! I just wish Emily wickersham would dye her eyebrows blonde to match the hair !

20. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Just be careful not to dip your head down too quickly while eating soup.

21. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Somebody really needs to take him aside and have a word. I can't believe his fans that are mostly the same age would mind if he 'cleaned up' his look. Just embarrassing. It didn't look good on him 20 years ago.

22. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Have you seen Lol Tolhurst? He looks scary too, wore bright red lipstick onstage!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.