Pending Reissue Vinyl Program - Similar to Music Matters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mahalo, Dec 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member Thread Starter

OK. I did a cursory review of the threads in this forum and did not note any topics related to what I am about to post. I want to post this on this particular forum, and have no plans to post it on other forums.

The following is an attempt of a "tip of the hat" to both Steve Hoffman and Warren Jarrett. Steve, while I'm sure you do not remember me, we shared time at Brooks Berdan, when you had a friend shopping for a phono stage. And again when we shared bread at a dinner hosted by Warren Jarrett, famed Audio Note dealer, after the most recent Orange County audio show in June. And Warren -- of Audio Note fame -- I had both the pleasure of helping you do set up for the show and breaking bread with you after the show.

And as noted, after a cursory glance of other audio forums -- and not seeing any similar posts - again, as a tip of the hat to Steve and Warren, I want to share the following.

Don Was, of Blue Note/Universal Music Group and Joe Harley (sic) of Audioquest, will be announcing a reissue program - and here is an additional reason of why I thought it appropriate to post this in Steve's forum, because, from what I've seen this forum has had the greatest coverage of the Music Matters reissue series -- while the pending reissue series will be under a different banner than Music Matters, it will follow the same level of quality - both in packaging, extras, and sonic quality as the Music Matters series.

Two of the first reissue titles will be: 1) Wayne Shorter, Et Cetera, and, 2) Chick Corea, Now He Sobs, Now He Sings. (Please note: I am sure on the Wayne Shorter title and 80% sure on the Chick Corea title).

Unfortunately, there are no plans to "reissue" any titles that were "reissued" under the Music Matters banner. (I'm particularly bummed on this because I'd love for them to reissue, Herbie Hancock's "Inventions and Dimensions" album).

Hope this is good news to all. And, like I said, if this is the first you have heard of this, please than Steve and Waren Jarret, and not me.

Hope this make's everyone happy. Especially the Music Matters reissue faithful!

P.S. The plan is to not only review the Blue Note catalog but also the other jazz labels currently under Capitol Records control.

P.S.S. The release schedule is planned for the 2019. Hope this provides other members with as much holiday cheer has this has provided me.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    MRT, AshS, vette442 and 6 others like this.
  2. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Sounds interesting and if Joe Harley is involved then I am sure that it will be a quality product. I need a bit more info about mastering engineer and pressing plant before I get too excited though.

Joe Harley likes this.
  3. Mahalo

Kevin Grey and RTI.

Joe Harley likes this.
  4. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

OK now I am excited :)

dman23 likes this.
  5. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

I would add to this cover quality (hopefully more towards the MM end of the spectrum) and price (hopefully not more expensive than MM list prices). It’s getting harder to justify the spend on these as the prices drift farther north than $50.

Ryan_Pretzel and Fender Relic like this.
  6. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

You should share the news in the Music Matters thread: Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45 RPM and 33 & 1/3 RPM vinyl series (pt7)

7. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Will this be a global thing? MM was US only so was too expensive for many people to import. It would be good if we got a global reissue series.

8. Mahalo

The quality will be toward the Music Matters quality. And, I agree on the pricing.

9. Mahalo

Sorry, don't know about the global thing.

10. Mahalo

Gabe Walters likes this.
  11. Mahalo

BTW. This sentence -- "Don Was, of Blue Note/Universal Music Group and Joe Harley (sic) of Audioquest, will be announcing a reissue program..."

Should read -- "Don Was, of Blue Note/Universal Music Group and Joe Harley of Audioquest, announced a reissue program..."

Should read, but I've been unable to edit the original post.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  12. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Any relation to the Blue Note Review (Blue Note Review ) or it's something different?

13. Mahalo

It's something different.

14. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Excellent news!

15. Tom Campbell

Tom Campbell Forum Resident

Sounds very, very promising! The first two titles are both great choices. I know Music Matters had its best sales with the "tried and true" Blue Note titles, but my most treasured MMs are the more adventurous choices like Gil Melle and Sam Rivers. As much as I love Moanin' and Soul Station -- and I really do love them -- I don't need yet another version of those titles.

16. Great news!

17. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Where/when was it announced?

riverrat and KOWHeigel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.