People, try and resist starting threads that pit songs against each other or albums or artists...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tone_Boss

Tone_Boss Forum Resident

Do we really need two beatles vs. stones threads going simultaneously ? Feels like fifth grade all over again.

2. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Using the search function must be really difficult for some people.

3. Tone_Boss

Tone_Boss Forum Resident

Crazy thing is that they are both old threads.

4. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

People, try and resist opening threads that you have no interest in or whatever.

5. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Look, just stop posting, OK?

6. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

These Beatles / Stones Threads. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

rod likes this.
  7. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

How about the Rutles vs. The Punk Floyd?

8. 905

905 Senior Member

Some people on this thread were certain that these types of threads were going to disappear.

9. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Threads were deleted, I don't understand why people feel the need to keep posting in this thread, it is like grade school all over again. Don't click on threads you think are pointless, resist the juvenile urge to tattle, and let this thread rest in peace.

GodShifter, Frank and drivingfrog like this.
  10. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

No, the mods want us to tattle. They don't use that word, of course, but they have said repeatedly said that they want us to report anything you question, makes you upset, or violates the rules.

11. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Grant, I don't mean name calling, insults, etc. Those should definitely be reported. What I object to is the overwhelming negativity shown by some people towards what other people are actually interested. 90% of the threads on this board hold little interest to me. I suppose I could pop in to all of them and complain about how silly they seem to me, but it seems a far more productive use of my time to focus on the 10% that do interest me, and contribute to the discussion there. This doesn't apply to Steve's original post, it is his board, and it does seem to be a request/suggestion to avoid silliness. That's fine by me.

12. mattdegu

mattdegu Forum Resident

The first sentence seemed to answer the second one there!

Repetition is hard to ignore that's the problem. Most of the time I ignore the dippy threads when I see one, other times I find myself in there checking that no one is going OTT on things that I love. Personally I tend to just look at the facing page of the music forum when I come by and see what's up: there's often at least one daft thread up there I find. Either that or I post on search results or via the email thread-watch facility. It's just something that needs to be periodically kept in check I think.

13. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

Does this mean I'll never get to make Chuck Berry vs. Buckcherry?

14. junk

junk Hellion

:biglaugh:

krock2009 likes this.
  15. What a cunning stunt. :angel:

DmitriKaramazov and krock2009 like this.
  16. John54

John54 Senior Member

I was going to suggest Cunning Stunts versus ... The Land of the Grey and Pink?

Dudley Morris and krock2009 like this.
  17. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Is it me, or has the number of threads pitting songs or groups against each other actually increased since the forum host started this thread?

If that's how things work around here, I hope our forum host starts another thread sternly warning people against posting photos of naked butts!

18. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

So what's better, the Beatles threads on page one of the Music Corner or the Beatles threads on page two of the Music Corner??

Vote early and often. And stuff!!!!

majoyenrac and Regandron like this.
  19. Agent57

Agent57 Marshall will buoy, but Fender control

No, it's not you. I've been seeing more and more of those threads popping up again recently. What bothers me about them (besides the fact that they're ridiculous and juvenile) is that most of the time, the person who starts the thread doesn't even offer their own thoughts. Instead, they just post a video or a list of songs by each artist and sit back and watch the 'fun'. Whatever...

20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I have yet to comprehend what drives any supposedly adult human to get on the internet, just to stir up trouble ?
    Is there something wrong with them mentally ? Are they off their meds, or posting from inside an asylum ?
    I seriously don't get it.

21. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

It all started with rock n roll. Now it's outta control!

JulesDassin and impalaboy like this.
  22. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

It's you. There isn't a single on in the first few pages.

highway likes this.
  23. mattdegu

mattdegu Forum Resident

Maybe a thread should be pinned: 'x vs. x - pitch your silly comparisons here'. They do tend to quickly come and go

24. Grant

I agree. It's all too easy to get sucked into the negative mindset if you hang out here too much. I go away for a few days at a time now, and when I come back, I am amazed at what i've gotten used to, and what I react to. I still react, maybe more, though, only because I see the negativity even more clearly. Maybe all us middle-aged guys are going through the male menopause. We needs some threads with young, hot chicks to temper it. :) Sorry, Parvati! :wave:

25. Grant

As long as it's hot female butt. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.