Person of Interest - New TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

She accepts it because she knows she can kick his ass anytime she wants.:laugh:

2. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I'm loving every minute of it.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

It was funny to see the "reunion" last night and how uncomfortable the two least socially comfortable of the crew were.

Glad that I was wrong and that Root seems to be a large factor in the storylines through the season. Amy Acker does such a good job at this (and any spot she has).

Vidiot and sgb like this.
  4. sgb

sgb Senior Member

+1

Almost strange to see the evolution of her character. Camryn Mannheim is back too, but, obviously not for long.

5. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I like the small touches of humour with Shah's character. Near the end of last night's episode, the stoner guy standing next to Shah sighed, "Why does everyone have to change?" Shah gives him 'the look' and walks away. The episode before that, Reese flies through a window a few stories down to land on top of a parked car with the bad guy squashed underneath him. Shah and Fusco look out the window to see Reese walk away with a shrug. Gazing upon the bad guy lying on the car's roof, Fusac says something like, "I hope he signed up for health insurance". Shah just gives him 'the look'. Done with very good comic timing - both small but very funny moments.

6. Lonson

Well, Sarah is a decent actress. It's too bad her USA Network show only made two seasons. They were pretty good ones.

7. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Interesting to see Nestor Carbonell in last night's episode. He also is in Bates Motel as the sheriff.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And he still has the eyeliner. In the entire history of Lost, the single funniest line I can remember was when Sawyer (Josh Holloway) actually remarked on the guy's eye makeup, which had me on the floor.

That was strange casting for Person of Interest, and all I can think of was that maybe Carbonell and Michael Emerson were friends on Lost, so maybe Emerson recommended him for a part.

I gotta say, the writers on Person of Interest really keep things moving, and the plot never stays in one place for long. They're working overtime to try to add more plot complications. The latest thing, where the Evil Government People have shut down The Machine (aka Northern Lights) only to have it pop up again via a "tertiary source," had me intrigued. One assumes the secondary source is the duplicate machine the other bad guys are trying to build.

BTW, I'm still perfecting my impression of Michael Emerson, which is about 75% there:

You are being watched. The government has a secret system... a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know, because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror... but it sees everything: violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you... crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find you.

Emerson's unusual accent and timing are a lot of fun and make both his voice and his delivery very unique. Good actor, too.

9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I suspect the eyeliner is permanent.

Vidiot likes this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The actor has said that's just the way his lower lashes are, but my comment years ago was, "Michael Jackson laughs at this guy's eye makeup!"

rockclassics likes this.
  11. Lonson

I personally don't think it's makeup. I went to school with a guy with eyes like that. Was not makeup. I always think it's silly when people insist it is.

12. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Another great episode this week. They were teasing Shaw getting killed in the previews. I would have hated them if they did that!

Interesting direction they are going in now as the stars numbers are now up.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I gotta say, just when you think this show is gonna get boring and predictable, they scramble everything and anything you expected is clearly not gonna happen. The final scene of this week's show -- where Mr. Reese actually takes out a guy on the Machine's list -- was pretty stunning, and I had been very over-confident that this would never happen. My plot solution would've been to just expose that the Senator had been on the take and received lots of stock tips, and that would've ruined his career, forcing him to resign. No need to kill him. But... they killed him anyway. Very surprising.

14. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

You should watch the episode again since the Senator was alive and well in the final scene.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I thought that was a flashback! I was barely able to keep my eyes open by the end... so that was happening in real time? :realmad:

16. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Yes. Plans for the new machine are going ahead with the new machine hunting them and the old machine now protecting them as the Person Of Interest. Basically what you said in your other post is true in that everything is now flipped going forward. I'm as impressed as you are in that they have now basically reinvented the series.

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, that was obvious: that the show has been flipped around to the point where it's almost a completely different show. Doh, if I were Lt. Fusco with the NYPD, I'd be very careful...

This is a very rare show that's actually gotten better over time, and I admit, I only watched it initially because I'm such a huge technonut and love to laugh at the misuse of computers. But this show really caught me by surprise.

sgb likes this.
  18. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

About Fusco...we need more. There should be a drinking game for whenever he drops a new nickname for someone.

Vidiot likes this.
  19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

If you fell asleep the very end was Reese and a wounded Shaw trying to go back to the office but it had been raided. Finch was walking behind but disappeared. The old man with the new machine gave his first order to program it to find Finch. And if the old man can prove the new machine effective in a 24 hour test he will gain the support of the two in Congress who can push it through.

Vidiot likes this.
  20. Lonson

I'm not sure I'm crazy about this new direction, but the show is moving along, not staying the same.

And Shaw and Root working together. . .awesome. And both on a motorcycle briefly. That was fun to see.

21. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I enjoyed the reveal of them being the only two in the bar still conscious.

Vidiot likes this.
  22. Lonson

That was my laugh out loud moment.

tonyc likes this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Got it. Thanks! I completely missed that their office was raided -- that sort of turns the show on its end. It's a rare series that's willing to completely jettison their format and try something new 3 years in!

Hey! What happened to the dog? See, there's always little loose plot ends like this...

sgb and Craig like this.
  24. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

That was my first thought, but Bear always seems to land on his feet.

sgb likes this.
  25. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

I love the way Finch vividly defined 'The System' as a Shield and 'Samaritan' as a Sword at the beginning of the episode.
    Also nice to see Heard-a long way from 'Cat People' and 'Head Over Heels' :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.