Person of Interest - New TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, the quickie kiss. That's it. I guess this is the only germ needed to spawn a thousand fan fiction stories, though :)

Bewaremylove likes this.
  2. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Yeah, pretty much. But there was a lot of sexual tension between the two throughout the last season or two. That kiss above was kind of depressing actually...given the circumstances.

3. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

I really rooted (pardon the pun) for Root when she killed Rousseau. Man did I love to despise her. Cara Buono played the character well. And man is Amy Acker a cutie or what?! And she plays the dangerous killer role so well too. Glad she's getting a boost in her profile with this show.

Vidiot and RK2249 like this.
  4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Amy is a very good actor. She uplifts any show she appears in.

Atmospheric and FVDnz like this.
  5. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

Person Of Interest has been renewed for next season! Phew!

6. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

A good conclusion to a strong season. I enjoyed the inclusion of "Welcome to the Machine", but I thought they laid it on a little thick with the machine talking to Harold like he was his father. "Don't worry, I won't feel any pain, it's probably for the best that I go away. . ." Who knew the machine was such a drama queen?

I have no idea how our heroes are going to be able to survive now that Samaritan presumably has complete control over all surveillance.

RK2249 and Bewaremylove like this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I was surprised that the show was renewed, but I'm still hanging in there with it. The last few shows got into some weird territory, particularly the one that saw the surprise return of Taraji Henson as a ghost, but I gotta say, it held my attention.

audiomixer and rockclassics like this.
  8. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

:goodie::goodie::goodie: :righton:

No Static likes this.
  9. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

was there a real chance of being axed?

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Ratings were a little down but not terrible.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Evidently the renewal shortens the number of episodes down to 13 for the 2015/2016 season. My guess is they'll see how it's doing and either cancel it next season or pick up additional episodes if it does well enough.

12. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This is almost assuredly the kiss of death for this show. It's already ratings challenged, and with this partial pickup it means it probably will be a mid season replacement show, and then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Not being owned by the network doesn't help. There's really something wrong in the world when "Hawaii Five-O" gets a full season and this very challenging and complex show gets a partial season. I will say this, however-a condensed final season means the storytelling will be extra-crispy, and maybe a little more focused on what I think is the strong point of the show-the relationship between Reese and Finch.

Atmospheric, kwadguy and Vidiot like this.
  13. progrocker71

As you alluded to, Hawaii Five-O is owned by the network so all the syndication dollars are theirs. Person Of Interest is owned by Warner Bros. so CBS has no personal stake in whether it gets any syndication deals because WB will be pocketing the revenue.

CBS did the exact same thing with The Mentalist last year, coincidentally also a Warner Bros. owned series.

14. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

God I'd rather repeats of POI then new Hawaii Five-O

15. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

A case could be made that with 7 seasons The Mentalist went one season too many, maybe two, with worse ratings in a very challenging timeslot for most of it's run. CBS is pulling the plug way too early on this one. POI is building a universe that could sustain many more seasons beyond it's 4th season. I'll bet Netflix snaps this up.

16. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well that just sucks.

RK2249 likes this.
  17. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I won't get into the Mentalist except to say they should have ended it with the Red John episode and they should've had a better Red John. So stupid. But I liked the characters and hung onto the end. Anyway...I hope POI is picked up if CBS isn't interested. It's an interesting show with a great cast.

18. Person of Interest was very lucky to get a fifth season with its ratings. They can properly give it a finale and have time to wrap up the story they want to tell.

Vidiot likes this.
  19. shokhead

They have renewed a lot of worst shows.

rockclassics likes this.
  20. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Sometimes that's the best you can hope for in these situations. I hope they at least get the chance to give it a proper finale if it comes to that. It's funny though, when you exist in your own little bubble you forget that perhaps there aren't that many people who like as show as much as you do! I haven't look at the ratings at all for this show. It just felt like it must be doing really well. I was obviously wrong.

21. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I don't know what they consider "bad" ratings...POI gets over 8 million viewers a week.

eddiel likes this.
  22. shokhead

Yep and they keep crap that get 3m so unless it really goes in the tank I don't see a final season at all and if Shaw comes back it only helps. BTW, we don't know anything about a new day or time slot or what it might go up against on the other channels.

eddiel and RK2249 like this.
  23. sgb

sgb Senior Member

It's gotten off track, but trying to make a comeback to the original story line. I stopped watching it for a while, but am back for the fifth season.

24. progrocker71

CBS announced their fall schedule this morning and Person Of Interest is not on it. Looks to be a mid-season replacement show with airdate tbd.

25. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

Ugghhh.. This isn't good news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.