Person of Interest - New TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

So what did everything think of last nights season opener?

I enjoyed it.

2. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I did not know this program was returning, but found it with 10 minutes left. They've got 4 of the stars from past seasons, too. Glad to see that this was a season premiere; I'll be sure to remember this next week. This is a much better show, BTW, than Blacklist.

FVDnz and bhazen like this.
  3. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

excellent show ,hope the rest are as good

eddiel likes this.
  4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

By the way next week it's on Monday AND Tuesday night. And then on Monday, May 16. I guess they're burning through the episodes. Sigh.

It was a good return. It amazes me how much suspense they can drum up even when the situation is rather absurd. We care about these characters . . . . Looking forward to the inevitable return of Shahi. . . wonder if she's going to be a bionic creature or something. ;)

bhazen, Alan G. and sgb like this.
  5. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Thanks for this info. Same time slot both nights?

6. Lonson

Yes, my DVR shows 1o:00 pm EST all three upcoming episodes.

7. AJH

AJH Senior Member

Loved the season opener. It's hard to understand how they can cancel this series while a lot of the other junk on CBS gets renewed.

seacliffe301 and No Static like this.
  8. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Saw last night's episode ... :nauga:

Where on the World-Wide Web can I find out what happened in the last couple of seasons? My band's regular Tuesday gig meant I was unable to watch; well, that club went out-of-business, sadly, but at least I can watch my fave TV show again! ... Apparently Control, Shah, Elias and Dominic are dead, and Samaritan/Greer have taken over ... ? (Guessing, here ...)

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You could read about it here, episode by episode, List of Person of Interest episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia »

But if I were you I'd download whatever seasons you can. They're floating around the net somewhere and should be pretty easy to find. :)

Vidiot and bhazen like this.
  10. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

It was a pretty good opening episode and it just made me miss it more when the season ends.

12. music4life

music4life Senior Member

CBS keeps garbage like "Two Broke Girls" but cancels this show...smh

Victor/Victrola likes this.
  13. shokhead

Given that news — and the puzzling winter schedule the network unveiled a couple weeks ago — it’s hard not to wonder if ‘Mike & Molly’s’ soon-to-be Wednesday cohort, ‘2 Broke Girls,’ is headed the same direction.

“‘2 Broke Girls’ had a stronger first season than ‘M&M’ did (4.3 vs. 3.4), but their ratings profiles have been nearly identical in subsequent years. So far this fall ‘2 Broke Girls’ is averaging a 1.6 rating, somewhat behind the 1.95 ‘Mike & Molly’ drew in its fifth season last year. It’s already running in syndication and will hit 100 episodes with its first show of 2016.

Read more at Canceled TV Shows 2016: ‘2 Broke Girls’ May Be Reaching The End As Ratings Sink »

Person of Interest” opened its final season with a 1.2, up a tenth from “Limitless” finale last week and its own finale last season but below its Season 4 average of 1.5. Also at CBS, “NCIS” (1.9, tying its series low) was even with its last episode, but “NCIS: New Orleans” rose two tenths to a 1.8

14. shokhead

Ratings=who is or isn't watching so junk stays on.

15. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Well this opening ep really hit the ground running. No recap or exposition, other than Root's quick summary to Bela.
    I think that if you hadn't watched previously, you'd have no idea what was going on or why.

Glad it's back though, even if only for a final, 13-ep closeout.

Vidiot likes this.
  16. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I would think it's an expensive show. And sometimes it's good to finish up before it's just treading waters with 80% of the original cast gone.

17. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Ratings, ratings, ratings...and cost of production vs. return on investment. Simple equation, the junk makes more money.

18. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

probably does not cost as much to make ! anyway I am sad but also happy! sad that it is ending this way as it feels like a needed at 7 seasons .happy that is it getting an ending.

19. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I hope the final season gets a blu ray release.

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It's tough as the seasons go on because the cast and producers traditionally get raises year after year. So even if everything stays exactly the same, the above-the-line people are making more dough. In many recent cases, the network goes to the cast & producers and says, "either cut the budget, or you're cancelled," and everybody willingly takes a pay cut in order to get another year or two of employment. Quite a few shows have done this in recent years. Supergirl is about to get a huge cut, moving to Vancouver and reportedly dropping some cast members.

21. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

it really shows ,last nights episode really looked like a "Tv Show" the budget is completely gone,its been this way for a couple of seasons The Show was once nice looking ,now it seems anytime there's any shot outside ,its security cam footage

22. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Monday's opening scene about the computer's facial recognition glitch was a hoot!

23. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

I especially liked the part at the end where Root is doing a perfect Harold impression

24. Lonson

Well, this was a rough episode for dinnerware! Glad the B is back. Another episode tomorrow.

25. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Excellent action sequence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.