Person of Interest - New TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Haaaaaaarible. As wacky as Person of Interest can be, the wack-factor of CSI Cyber made my head explode. Couldn't take more than 2 or 3 episodes before I bailed. Scorpion (which is the highest rated of all of them) is worse. And Intelligence was unwatchable by humans and was a huge, expensive failure for CBS.

Atmospheric likes this.
  2. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I liked Intelligence. Although Josh Holloway was rather one-dimensional, the supporting cast (Meghan Ory, Marg Helgenberger , John Billingsley) made for a well-rounded team. It had a sort-of retro Six-Million Dollar Man/Airwolf vibe, which is probably why I liked it *shrug*. Worse shows have gone on longer.

shokhead likes this.
  3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Meghan Ory:agree:

Lonson likes this.
  4. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

RIP Root

sgb and Lonson like this.
  5. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Well, cat's out of the bag now.

I would've bet heavily that Sarah Shahi would be the first to go, given her other commitments.

6. shokhead

7. The Wanderer

3 more episodes - time to kill them all - excellent ironic wind-up

8. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

It will probably end opposite to Lost with everyone alive. It was all a simulation. :winkgrin:
    Love this show!

9. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Anyone know the answer to the above?

It will be fun to see Harold go rogue and reign hellfire on Samaritan.

I always imagined it will be amusing for Fusco to hook up with Root or Shaw in the end. I really didn't find the Root - Shaw relationship that interesting.

10. Was this because of how far behind they got on the scripts?

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's what they're saying, but they shut down for about 3 months, which is a long time just to write some scripts (for a show already in production). I suspect there was some "retooling" going on.

12. The Wanderer

When all is said and done, I will miss this show.

sgb, Dubmart, tootull and 3 others like this.
  13. shokhead

The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes gave a 100% approval rating for seasons three and four with an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 for season three and 8.4 out of 10 for season four.

Great! Now let's cancel it.

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No matter how good the ratings are, if the ratings aren't there, they aren't there. I think the show is somewhere between "good" and "very good," but it ain't great. They have far too many episodes that just tread water to me, story & character-wise. I have to say, though, the recent development of killing off <major character> and then using <major actor> as the new voice of The Machine was very imaginative. I've been saying for a couple of years, "hey! Why not let the Machine speak?" And they finally answered that question.

It's also interesting to see Finch angry and ready to take action, which I think we've waited four years to see.

tonyc likes this.
  15. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I wonder, with the ratings being where they are, if this show was cheaper to make and/or owned by CBS if it would still be on the air.

I think this show was always going to have a limited shelf life in some way. The story can't go on for ever i.e. number shows up, they get saves (which apparently is what CBS preferred). At some point it has to come to an end.

I always thought it was a great show even if I didn't think every episode was up there. I think most series tend to have episodes that don't really move the characters or the story along. You have to fill up the 22 ep order somehow :) But I can usually put up with quite a bit of downside if I really like the characters, which, in this case I do.

16. shokhead

Don't have to do 22 it seems these days.

17. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I agree the way CBS has handled this season is terrible. On the other hand, I have enjoyed looking at my DVR and seeing three new episodes some weeks to catch up on. I also like that there is a finish line. I don't think I would still be watching if I thought it might go on for another five years. I will miss it like many of you. But, I think it is time to come to some sort of resolution.

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

True. Heck in England they sometimes have only 6 eps per season!

19. The Wanderer

No episodic TV shows hits 10/10 every week, specifically including those successful boring franchise shows.

POI was entertaining, with interesting characterizations, mostly interesting plotlines and excellent cast and cast interaction.

What better reason than to cancel? A real no-brainer.

Cutting the cable gets easier and easier.

20. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Good penultimate episode last night.

If that had been the series finale, it would have been a good one to go out on.

I noticed they had a cameo ready for Carter but I guess "Empire" would not allow it.

21. shokhead

22. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Waiting for others to catch up with the series finale but I will say, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad they had the chance to bring the series to an end.

I've been following the Facebook group for the show and they've been posting lots of pictures of the actors together. It looked like they really had something special going.

I'll miss the show. Not much left to watch for me when normal season begins in a few months.

23. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

In last week's episode (the penultimate episode) what was the point of Greer's death? Greer holds Harold prisoner trying to persuade him to join Samaritan, he seals the room and cuts the oxygen supply. Why did he stay in the room? IIRC, he says something about not minding dying and describes himself himself as a "sacrifice". Can anyone explain the 'logic' behind that for me?

Sad to see the show end. Nice to see that they had a chance to wrap things up, though.

24. shokhead

25. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I'm sure whenever Greer looked at himself in the mirror he figured he had 10 minutes left. So, why not eliminate himself and his enemy at the same time and allow Samaritan to continue unobstructed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.