Pet shop boys reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fozl1986, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I pre-ordered these from Amazon and will have them today but I paid the higher price with the guaranteed lowest price. So I sent Amazon an email as I should receive a refund of $6.00 in total based on the price drop. If they don't honor this I will call them as I know if I speak to someone there they will take care of this.

So you're now in for all of the 6 to come later on? I'll probably get them as well but like you would prefer if they release them 2 at a time.

morgan1098 and c-eling like this.
  2. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

I'm considering doing the same thing. I preordered and the price stayed the same for weeks, until today and suddenly a huge drop! :/

3. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

I agree that they will probably be out sooner rather than later, the general public view them as classic albums and with the holiday season fast approaching, should be big sellers :)

Frosst, Rob Hughes and MarkusGermany like this.
  4. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Yeah, Bull Moose has them right now for $11.97 and $16.97 each. Order placed!

5. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

I've never had a problem with amazon's preorder price guarantee. Never had to contact them either. They just refunded the difference I was charged at shipping and the release day. It does take a few days. :)

Scottb likes this.
  6. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Cool!
    I think so now Scott. 1 uniform collection. :)

Scottb likes this.
  7. morgan1098

I'm curious about how the remastering will sound on the Please ->Bilingual sets. I have all the 2001 Further Listenings and I don't plan on getting them again, except for maybe Behaviour which sounds pretty bad on the 2001 remaster.

Scottb and c-eling like this.
  8. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Well I spoke to a supervisor at Amazon that said you will automatically get the refund in 3-4 days as their system is set up to do so with the pre-order price guarantee. So I would give it a few days and once they refund that amount they will send you an email as well.

9. morgan1098

You're having better luck than me! I got an email from someone in India saying amazon doesn't do price matching. :( I wasn't even asking about price matching! I don't know if the "pre-order price guarantee" would apply to me because amazon dropped the price on the release day, rather than prior to release day. They often do this. Since I'm a Prime member I could easily return the CDs and then re-order them at the lower price. That would be a pain in the ass for me and for amazon, and certainly wouldn't be in amazon's best economic interest. But I guess I could do that. Maybe I'll try a phone call.

10. c-eling

Good grief Morgan, grab the old standard US Behavior for pennies and be done with it :laugh:. Best it will ever sound...
    For SQ my oldies will be my go to. For Bilingual and Very, I'm hoping these new ones will be an improvement

Scottb and morgan1098 like this.
  11. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

A Portland OR man supporting a Portland ME indie chain.
    Well done sir!

portlandjulian likes this.
  12. Dave 81828384

Thats happened to me a few times and I've always got a refund.

13. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

@morgan1098 show him that nice looking photo of yours, all lined up on the shelf.....

:laugh:

morgan1098 and c-eling like this.
  14. c-eling

Yeah yeah, I drooled....

JeffMo likes this.
  15. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I don't think you have to worry as I spoke with a supervisor in the US and in 3-5 days you will get an email that shows the refund because you pre-ordered it with guaranteed pricing. Honestly don't waste your time as the first rep I spoke to in the US was clueless about this and then I spoke with a manager who explained it all. I would sit tight and wait 3-5 days before wasting your time.

16. morgan1098

I talked to someone else. The pre-order guarantee only applies if the price drops prior to the release date. In this case, the price dropped after release date, so the guarantee doesn't apply. But they gave me a $5 credit anyway, so I'm ok.

Looking forward to listening to these over the weekend! I also got the a-ha "MTV Unplugged" set from Germany today so I'll have lots to digest. :righton:

17. morgan1098

Ah, you mean these. Kudos to PSB for at least attempting to keep the packaging similar to the 2001 series. Maybe I'll snap a new one this weekend with Yes and Elysium in the lineup. :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Frosst, davers, bob60 and 5 others like this.
  18. Dave 81828384

see amazon's policy here Amazon.com Help: About the Pre-Order Price Guarantee

key is this

• For Physical Items:
      Whenever you pre-order a physical item displaying the “Pre-order Price Guarantee” message on the product detail page, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date.

19. Dave 81828384

I'm beginning to think morgan1098 has me on his ignore list :laugh:

c-eling likes this.
  20. portlandjulian

Glad I made you smile with my post. Without bashing the previous well known store on here in Portland that I used, I had read good things about Bullmouse and they worked out a lot cheaper for me. I would have used the store in Portland, OR if they had discounted the price of them, they didnt and didnt plan to. On the plus side I still supported a indie chain. :)

21. portlandjulian

I havent :) Plus Ive just folowed you :D

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  22. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Watch out for those hooligans with German synth pop avatars. Rough bunch! :D

23. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Kudos to the designers of Yes for printing the inside of the inner sleeve with the coloured cube motif, as well as the outer, visible side!

Elysium is a gatefold sleeve.

The LPs seem well-pressed on first listen, though side one of Yes seemed slightly off-centre. I was playing it on my slightly unreliable upright turntable though, didn’t pay much mind. I’ll give it a spin on the proper turntable tomorrow.

portlandjulian and c-eling like this.
  24. c-eling

He's kinda of an elitist, spends all his time over in that 'Share your first pressing on cd' thread :D

JeffMo and Dave 81828384 like this.
  25. Dave 81828384

I just finished listening to the first disk of Yes (7digital 16bit/44.kHz). Seems to be missing a little bass from the original. Sounds thinner to me.