Pet shop boys reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fozl1986, Feb 7, 2015.

1. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

Hopefully the whole lot will be issued when the box set is issued, I better start saving now !!!!!

mooseman likes this.
  2. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Disco gives a AAD SPARS, but those songs from Please were digital, I don't have the Disco EP so I can't check if there's a cut-off

3. portlandjulian

I think so, but I shall probably be ordering from the UK Amazon site, as that way they will still not be to expensive hopefully after the VAT is removed and postage works out about $4 per item.

4. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

I really hope this includes vinyl reissues -- I have the first three and the recent stuff but want Behavior, Very, Bilingual and Release so badly!

5. c-eling

What i'm hoping for also Dusty, one's from the later catalog that suffer on compact disc :)

6. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Do you know if the first 6 reissues will simply be re-pressings from 2001 or will they be newly remastered this year?

MarkusGermany likes this.
  7. portlandjulian

Most folks on the Pet Shop Boys forum think that they will be new remasters, but the same tracks, ie Disc 1 Album, Disc 2 Further Listening disc. However some of the new reissues of their last 5 Parlophone albums will have 2 Further Listening cds. :pineapple:

8. portlandjulian

I think that they will be :D Is it LP that's written next to CD at the top of the picture? Could this mean the full set of expanded editions are also getting a vinyl release?

9. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

I would be very surprised if they don't release vinyl of all their albums this year

10. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

I know it's still pretty new but it'd be nice to have Super and Electric included in with the reissue series, if only to have a complete set of reissued albums. Why just leave two out?
    EDIT: unless it's because that's the cut-off from Parlophone releases to the Boys own label X2.

11. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

I think it only encompasses the Parlophone years, hence no Electric or Super, since those are on their own label.

12. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Just saw your post as I was editing mine, yes I think you're absolutely right.

13. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Saint Etienne are reissuing all the Deluxe Editions that came out in the early 2000's and have been OOP and they are straight reissues. I would bet these would be the same, but you never know. :shrug:

hamicle, jamesc, Scottb and 2 others like this.
  14. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

That would be fabulous. I've been holding off and waiting for some years for such a PSB reissue project. :)

portlandjulian likes this.
  15. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Hmm it will be interesting to see if the first 6 titles are newly remastered as some of them I wasn't very happy with as they took all the high end of Behaviour. I don't think any remaster will sound better then the original 1990 CD. So the last 5 Parlophone albums will have 2 further listening discs-nice. Do you know when this year these should be out?

16. portlandjulian

Most folks on the Pet Shop Boys forum are talking of a end May / June date. Neil Tennant promised full details later in April, I myself is just happy that after so long it appears to be happening.

17. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

That's great. I wonder if the new sets will be in boxes like 'Format' etc or be in Jewel Cases with slipcases like the old 2001 releases.

18. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Great news. Better start saving for the big box with everything.

PretzelLogic and portlandjulian like this.
  19. portlandjulian

My guess is that they will be in Jewel Cases with slipcases and a nice booklet, like the original 6 cds. Format in a box was limited and was quickly replaced with a Jewel Case version in the UK.

20. MarkusGermany

MarkusGermany WINNING

What about the missing 12" and remixes (AOMM, It's a Sin, Domino Dancing, Rent etc.)

21. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

That would be nice if they are in jewel cases as I greatly prefer that over card sleeves. I wonder what type of case they will use for the 3 disc versions? So Format in the UK was replaced quickly with a jewel case. I would have greatly preferred a jewel case version of Format. How would I know on Amazon UK if their listing for Format is in a jewel case? Also was Elysium ever replaced with a jewel case version as well?

Many Thanks

22. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Yes Nightlife on CD is clipped but I don't have a good feeling about these upcoming remasters. Since we're talking 1999 and the 2000's I can only imagine the remastering will just make the original CD's louder. I do hope I'm wrong. I am interested in what tracks they use for the FL discs though. The 2001 remasters were louder and in some cases (Please and Behaviour) had almost no high end and was very muffled.

23. c-eling

I don't either, crossing my fingers...
    I grabbed the first two when released and found no enjoyment SQ wise so I skipped the rest.
    As a test, hopefully if they get a coinciding lp release, I'll grab Nightlife. I'm sure the extras will eventually be on Qobuz so I'll cherry pick as needed.

Scottb likes this.
  24. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

You're lucky as I bought all 6 titles. Behavior was the worst as there was zero high end. I don't understand what exactly went wrong with that one. If you heard it and then played the 1990 CD you would be speechless. I have so many of the CD singles from Nightlife so I don't know how much more there is that hasn't been released. There is one amazing remix of NYCB that wasn't released(can't think of the exact mix this moment) so maybe that will be released.

sunspot42 likes this.
  25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'd be happy to take one off your hands for whatever you end up paying for a reissue. :laugh: The album could sound fine on a single LP, it just depends who does the cutting/mastering. I have plenty of LP's that are longer and still sound good.

c-eling likes this.