Pet shop boys reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fozl1986, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Quite a bit according to that Classic Pop mag I cited.

portlandjulian likes this.
  2. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

I figure around $3,000. However there is one on Discogs for nearly $7,000 !!!!!!!

c-eling likes this.
  3. portlandjulian

I often wonder if the Pet Shop Boys get tired of playing some of their songs? I know that in the UK if someone wanted to try and embarrass me they would start to sing Go West !!

MarkusGermany likes this.
  4. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

I love their cover of "Go West", but "Shameless" really deserved to be released as a single itself, complete with a scathing Spitting Image-puppet driven video.

5. portlandjulian

I think that later on they kinda thought the same, in the Alternative booklet, Chris expresses some mild regret that this track, recorded during the Very sessions, wasn't included on that album and released as a single. It's obvious theatrical potential, however, ensured its eventually receiving a somewhat higher-profile release. A new version of the song would find its way into the Boys' 2001 stage musical, Closer to Heaven. Before then it was part of the set list on the Nightlife Tour. :)

sunspot42, andycherry and c-eling like this.
  6. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I love 'Go West' but I agree that 'Shameless' should have been released as a single as well.

sunspot42 and portlandjulian like this.
  7. Machiventa

Machiventa Forum Resident

I meant the "deluxe" version of Please called Please/Further Listening which contains the b-sides, extended mixes, etc. It looks to be a CD only release.
    Thanks though, you got me kind of excited thinking the last person who replied to my question was wrong. I'm still baffled why they didn't release it on vinyl.

8. chrrrd

chrrrd Well-Known Member

My guess is the market would be too small. They'd have to split CD2 across two Vinyl discs or in fact three in the case of Nightlife, Release and Yes. When doing that, they'd also want to adapt the booklet for vinyl. By now the whole thing would be huge and heavy, so they'd have to put it in a sturdy box. Which would move the release from the 20€ price segment to at least 80€ (or more considering the vastly smaller market for such a thing). Again, this might work if it wasn't a reissue campaign spanning 11 albums in total.

JamesRR likes this.
  9. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

While I'm waiting for the next three 2-CD remasters to come out, I bought near mint vinyl copies of "Behaviour" and "Discography" yesterday. Both are simply amazing albums.

10. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

I forgot how much I loved Yes; it was released almost exactly a month before I met my wife and as a result I listened to it incessantly for several weeks, then was very distracted for a while, and have only returned to it a few times since... but putting the new reissue on the turntable I was pretty enchanted with it.

My copy sounds good overall but it's got some sibilance here and there, though that could be my cheap flawed setup.

JeffMo, sunspot42, andy75 and 2 others like this.
  11. portlandjulian

Dustybooks, I was glad to read that you rediscovered Yes, its a great album. :)

12. friendofafriend

friendofafriend Forum Resident

I finally got around to buying the last batch of 2cd sets. I never bought them in 2001, so some new material to me. I really enjoy the Actually further listening disc - it’s my favorite so far of all the fl discs (I’ve not heard the three that are to be reissued next month).

I like the Please fl cd less than I thought I would, much preferring the mixes on Disco where they differ ( Paninaro and Suburbia are the same on both.)

13. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

If you had to, what would be the 2 new vinyl issue's you would recommend? and keeping in mind sound quality. I am familiar with there hits but not the whole lp.

I was in the record store yesterday and had one in my hand with songs shopping and rent. Is that a good place to start ?

14. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

If I had to I'd grab the good old compact disc for dirt cheap :winkgrin:
    'Actually' is a great album, think you'd be happy with it.
    I wasn't all that impressed with the Introspective new LP, (compared to the old 88 compact disc)
    Not sure how these earlier ones fair as I have originals, reports seem to be good however.

portlandjulian likes this.
  15. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Wait for Behaviour. :D

c-eling and portlandjulian like this.
  16. c-eling

That's a lot of music per side :eek:

jamesc and portlandjulian like this.
  17. portlandjulian

Yes I might have to re buy on vinyl, after getting an email from a friend "you might know that we have had a heatwave here in the UK, just checked on your vinyl etc in our loft and it all appears to be ok ?" :eek:

LivingForever, jamesc and c-eling like this.
  18. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

I'd say that one -- Actually -- is a good one to start with, a good mix of hits and classic album tracks, and I don't think there's a weak cut among the ten.

portlandjulian and c-eling like this.
  19. c-eling

Most of your collection still over their Julian?

20. portlandjulian

Unfortunately yes :shake:, hopefully it will dealt with early next year. :)

c-eling likes this.
  21. c-eling

May safe (affordable) overseas shipping ensue :cheers:

jamesc likes this.
  22. portlandjulian

Thank you for your kind words. Thats my wish. :)

c-eling likes this.
  23. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Bought Actually and Behaviour first released cds because I didn't like the 2001 remasters. I wish they would re-release them as the same remastering, as the mastering from the first.

tin ears, Scottb and c-eling like this.
  24. c-eling

Agreed, would of made the old cd singles and 12 inchers almost obsolete for the bonus disc's :)

Scottb likes this.
  25. Roland S.

Roland S. Forum Resident

Actually, I can say, that “Actually” - the 2018 Remaster on Vinyl - sounds great.