Peter Case

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aggie87, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aggie87

Aggie87 Guest Thread Starter

I just picked up a few Peter Case recordings at a local store here in Stuttgart called "zweitausendeins", which is a German chain known for it's great bargains. Picked up "Sings Like Hell", "Full Service No Waiting", and "Beeline", for a total of €7.97, new!

Anyway, this is my first exposure to Case, and I'd like to know where to go from here. I really like "Full Service", and "Beeline" as well (haven't listed to the other one yet).

Recommendations/opinions/advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    Erik

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

3. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

His first solo album, simply called "Peter Case" is an absolute must have. Wonderful piece of work.

Jeff

4. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

I like his second album (Blue Guitar, actual name is longer) even better than the first, although they are about equal. Both fine sets. Underrated artist, never seems to have fulfilled potential though, either.

5. stever

stever Senior Member

I have this on vinyl, and it really is a must have.

6. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

He's an interesting character, who's been surprisingly consistent since going solo out of th Plimsouls in the early 80's. I saw him warm up for David+David right after his first, and again within the last couple years with a violinist--excellent live act for minimalist production.

The Mississippi John Hurt tribute he put together (one song by Case, plus others incl. Steve Earle Lucinda, etd.) is also worth having.

doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.