Peter Frampton Throws Fan’s Cell Phone During Concert

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by npc145, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinylkid58

vinylkid58 Forum Resident

Did you not read the first post?

"Before Frampton’s show Sunday night (Aug. 3) at the Palladium in Carmel, IN, fans were told by club management that they were not allowed to take video or use flash photography."

jeff

2. serge

serge Forum Resident

no way.. he got more press about that guitar he lost somewhere in south america that ended up getting back to him after like 30 years... don't you remember?

3. serge

serge Forum Resident

false

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

If that is what "you" go buy then 90% of the bands on here we talk about are losers.

bandguy and MoonPool like this.
  5. shokhead

Because they were told not to but I get the feeling you might not care about that either.

MoonPool likes this.
  6. shokhead

Last 2 or 3 I went to did.

old school likes this.
  7. old school

old school Senior Member

Yes your statement is false! The Frampton concert did not allow photos or video. And the Eagles and many other bands and concert venues are banning photos or video. So why are you saying false?

8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Because you said MOST concerts ban photos, and that's not accurate.

Instead, photo-taking is much more accepted now than it's ever been. Venue usually attempt to ban cameras with big honkin' lenses but they're okay with point and shoot cameras or camera phones...

Oliver likes this.
  9. Oatsdad

According to the reports, he threw it a good distance. He didn't take it and place it on his amp for the duration of the show - he apparently heaved the sucker.

You're right that we don't know what happened to the camera after that, but it still wasn't his right to do this...

10. serge

serge Forum Resident

you said most concerts ban all photos.. lets see.. i think i have a few concerts i've gone to recently and this is what i found:

beck at outdoor shed....all pictures and video allowed... someone filmed the entire show standing right next to two pavillion staff (this was in the general admission pit)..

queens of stone age at oudoor shed: all pictures and video allowed

guided by voices at small dc club: all video and pictures allowed

dean wareham at small club: all video and pictures allowed...

flamin groovies at small club; all video and pictures allowed

11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I always wonder how many crusty old guys like us buy her music vs. teenage girls.

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm a rebel with a cause...

13. Grant

I wish he'd have stomped on the phone first.

Muzyck and Say It Right like this.
  14. Michael

no, only certain ones...

15. Michael

some ppl may be hard of hearing or visually impared.

16. Michael

yes, I was and I addressed this in another post on the thread.

old school likes this.
  17. Grant

I did try to record a couple of minutes at a Joan Jett & The Blackhearts concert a couple of years ago with my cell phone but it wasn't worth it. The sound in the auditorium was bad, the crowd was too loud and rowdy, and there were too many tall jerks in front of me anyway. I gave it up.

18. serge

serge Forum Resident

to be honest the types of places he plays usually post a small sign or two in the lobby and the upstairs and most people miss seeing them...too busy trying to find their seat or getting their drink on...

Michael likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

Katy gets more "old folks" than I might've expected because she has so many teen or younger fans. The parents go as chaperones, whereas at Gaga, folks 40 or older are rare because her fans tend to be in their 20s.

This meant that although Katy attracts a younger core audience than Gaga does, I fit in better because there are a fair number of people in my age bracket...

20. Michael

yes, that sounds about right, but what I do not understand what the problem is with an old old rocker not wanting his pic taken? They should be honored ppl still care about them enough to pay to see them and want their pic...just an opinion.

21. serge

serge Forum Resident

well I agree with you..(flash photography is another thing entirely)

the other thing is that even if they post a sign or two saying no pictures what ALWAYS happens is that someone starts taking pics and other people see that and then they start doing it and it just feeds on itself.. most people assume its ok and "hey, that guy looks like he's getting some killer pics and i don't wan to be the idiot that misses out!"... by the end of the show everybody is doing it... that's just human nature....

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

perfectly put!

23. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

The Eagles had the security shutting down nearly all phones
    They set the precedent early
    The warnings were stern, Frey even reinforced it
    Wasnt till the encore that they came out in any nig way

24. old school

old school Senior Member

Wow four shows out of hundreds. Good odds man.

25. Oatsdad

There are some acts/venues that try to prevent photography, but they're in the minority. Most realize that ship has sailed - many places that used to have strict rules against photography abandoned those rules.

For instance, years ago I tried to take pics - 35mm! - at a show at Wolf Trap. (I was a teen and didn't know it was against the rules.) Within minutes, security told me to stop - even though the artists themselves didn't care. (Actually, it was the Four Tops and I remember they seemed happy to wave for the camera.)

Now Wolf Trap patrons shoot videos/photos to their heart's content without any interference from the security. I think venues realize that technology makes it next to impossible to halt photography so they loosened the rules...

audiotom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.