Peter Frampton Throws Fan’s Cell Phone During Concert

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by npc145, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serge

serge Forum Resident

bad counting man.

2. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

1) inconsiderate of those around you, distracting to others who also paid and wish to see and hear the concert
    2) rude to performers, especially, as in this case, concertgoers who were specifically informed that recording/photography was prohibited
    I sincerely hope that you don't go to many concerts, as you're part of the problem.

3. old school

old school Senior Member

Yea I'm hip to that but five shows is nothing in the big picture. Bad counting counted.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

be nice...no reason for acidic remarks...my problem is with the "star" not the customer/fan.

5. serge

serge Forum Resident

oh so if i see five shows in a row in three different venues and all five nobody gives a rats butt if you video or take pics that says nothing with respect to your assertion that MOST shows have banned pictures?

come on man... be a little big in the interest of community civility and admit your statement is just false... unless YOU go to every show yourself that is! I mean how do you know most shows ban all pictures??? Because the Eagles and Frampton do?? What kind of sample is that? The over the hill gang? Lets try to stay in the real world where most concertgoers are young, ok?

Michael likes this.
  6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Are we supposed to list every show we've ever attended where photography was accepted? I've been to about 30 shows this year and ZERO had rules against photography...

7. old school

old school Senior Member

Yea yea yea you are young all right I can tell. And I don't really care for your over the hill gang remark but that is all you have period.

8. serge

serge Forum Resident

I didn't say I was young man... you're on a roll tonight!

9. old school

old school Senior Member

Man I'm really impressed.

10. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

But you have a problem with a performer being aggravated that folks are taking photos, recording, etc when specifically told NOT to do it? That's rude and inconsiderate anyway you cut it.

supermd, Carserguev, MoonPool and 2 others like this.
  11. old school

old school Senior Member

Your not? then why the age remark? I'm always on a roll thank you.

12. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

Warning: All violators of our no cell phone policy will have their devices Framptonized. Enjoy the show.

Muzyck, supermd, MoonPool and 6 others like this.
  13. Michael

I feel the fan should be able to document their concert going experience...take for example the Dead letting the fans record them!

14. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

If that's what the Dead wanted to do, that's fine. Concertgoers at this particular Frampton show were SPECIFICALLY informed that photography/recording was NOT allowed. So in your view, people buy tickets for x, x says no cameras, etc people do it anyway and the performer should not be aggravated by the blatant disrespect. Please don't go to a King Crimson concert, you may ruin it for everybody!

15. Michael

OK, I got it! it's all Ringo's fault!

16. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I wonder what would have happened if Jim Morrison was still around ? would he have broken the phone or taken photos of himself?

thankfully this was not captured on video otherwise the person would sue Peter Frampton ! I hate video phones during movies and I have seen youtube concerts with hundreds holding there phones up and I would hate that !

old school likes this.
  17. He'd probably do like Eddie Murphy did with a fan's camera in "Delirious", and take a picture of his leather-clad crotch.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  18. Oatsdad

I wasn't trying to impress you and don't care how you feel. I was refuting your claim that photos are prohibited at most concerts.

You keep telling us that cameras are banned at most shows but mock evidence to the contrary and provide none of your own...

19. Oatsdad

Agree. If there's a no photo policy and you take pics anyway, it's rude/obnoxious to shoot pics anyway. Fans have no automatic right to take pics at concerts...

MoonPool likes this.
  20. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I just played the Frampton album on 8-track to celebrate my enthusiasm for his phone toss.
    I wish the arrogant ahole would sue Peter, believe me, Peter's countersuit would be a hoot, intellectual property theft can net a hundreds of thousands of dollars fine, and the publicity would be a sure boost. After all, you haven't seen Peter's personal archival stage videos:)

ParloFax likes this.
  21. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

All I know is that it is distracting to watch the artists on stage and have dozens and dozens of lights from cell phones and tablets in the way, not to mention flash cameras, which I fully understand would get on the artist's nerves. The spotlights are bad enough, but when you also have to deal with flashes, it can cause headaches and distract you from playing and singing. No wonder they close their eyes so much or look down and away. Some artists allow this. Some don't. Respect what the rules are. Enjoy the show. Watch the performers. Dance, sing, and act a fool with the rest of the audience. Don't waste your experience trying to record it. Concerts are social. Put away the recording devices.

Artists don't want their shows up on YouTube and Vemo. What if they want to release an album or DVD? The stuff is already up on the internet and no one will buy the actual content. When you pay to go to a concert, the royalty fees are included in the price of the ticket. If you record that show, those are royalties and other fees that aren't getting paid. The artist signed up to play for you, the paying fan, not to be plastered on the internet for free in the worst possible presentation. Just because you pay to see an artists doesn't mean you have the right to record them. You can cause problems for them with the label, songwriters, publishers, and unions, among others.

PHILLYQ and arthurprecarious like this.
  22. old school

old school Senior Member

I feel the same I could care less about it. And as far as evidence it's petty and not worth my time dude.

23. Oatsdad

How does a photo of a guy on stage fall under "intellectual property theft"?

24. Oatsdad

Which is why you've posted about this repeatedly...

25. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

copyrighted images.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.