Peter gabriel SACD Release date

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aashton, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aashton

aashton Here for the waters... Thread Starter

I've just received a note from one of my CD suppliers that the 11 Gabriel SACDs will be released on the 14th of April in the UK and that they will all be hybrid discs - is this the same date and format as in the US ?

All the best - Andrew

2. Matt

Matt New Member

I wonder how different the mastering moves will be for the SACD layer? A lot of work went into the redbooks, I wonder if it will carry over?

3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Tentatively, the U.S. date is April 29th for all the Peter Gabriel SACDs. But many pre-order sites list the release date for UP as April 15th (with the others April 29th as I indicated).

Also, all are single layer stereo except for UP which is a hybrid, with surround sound. I remember reading, like the Police SACDs, in Europe the Gabriel discs would all be hybrid - as your post seems to confirm.

4. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Looks like I'm going to have to get an SACD player after all...:rolleyes:

5. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

Well, I have Up pre-ordered already and it is in fact an hybrid multichannel SACD, as for the others they are to be single layer stereo in the US and hybrid stereo in the UK/Europe, so I am holding off to see what the pricing will be on the SACD's from the UK before I purchase any of the US releases besides Up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.